This game will show how far and IF we go to the playoffs

Xfactor

We've had a tremendous year and I know it's almost a cliche to post they have exceeded every ones expectations. I'm glad to see every ones confidence high and not as many doomsayers well maybe except for Jedi but what ya going to do. ;)

Lets' not forget a couple of things.

This game at their house is going to be a war.

Like us they are 5-1 and are a completely different team at home. I can see them beating Green Bay but they destroyed them 51-29 at the dome. With 4 TD's and a QB rating of 157.5 amassing 416 yards with GB still having the ball 32 minutes. :huh:

Brees has 24 TD's 17are at home.

They still have a chance although a slim chance to make the playoffs and I expect them to play their a$$ off.

A hostile dome will be a lot louder than any outdoor stadium Ryan has played in.

I would rather play any other NFC South team than the Saints at home.

I have no idea what to expect but imo it will be our crystal ball for the rest of the year and will be the toughest game out of the remaining teams much more than Tampa at home.

Good Luck Falcons you will need to play 100% and bring your A+ game for 60 minutes to win this one. I will be living and dying on every play.

The wins get bigger towards the end of the season.

We can do this. A good portion of the fans have been getting onboard as this season progresses, but the team has believed in itself from the start.

I believe because the team believes.

GO BIRDS!

I understand that you have believed in this team, but I really think you are being unfair if you say that you expected (or believed) that this team would be in the position that we are in right now. I knew this team would be talented and I was satisfied with our draft that TD and Co. put together before the season (especially Curtis Lofton), but I will be honest, I expected improvement and a fairly competitive football team, but not a team of this caliber.

Back on topic. That was a good post, and a true post. This is going to be a very tough game and a dome without friendly fans is going to be something different for Matt Ryan. I do think however that he is prepared for it, and I feel confident that if he falters tomorrow, it will be a learning experience for him and will help him in the future. I am not saying that I want or think that he is going to play poorly, I just feel that Ryan will learn from his failures as well. The Falcons need to treat these last four games as playoff games, and both dome games, tomorrow and when we travel to Minnesota to play the Vikings, are going to be very tough games to win. On a side note, I am excited to see both games because the Saints will really test our pass defense tomorrow, and Adrian Peterson will surely test our run defense in a few weeks.

To wrap it up, I want to say that if this team loses the final four games (which won't happen, this is just a what-if scenario) it would still be a enormous victory for the organization and the city of Atlanta (and for those fans who don't live in GA, you too). I think that the ownership has made the right moves this time and we will see the longest run of success this franchise has ever seen, ****, and I cross my fingers when I say this, we might even win a Superbowl in this era.

I understand that you have believed in this team, but I really think you are being unfair if you say that you expected (or believed) that this team would be in the position that we are in right now. I knew this team would be talented and I was satisfied with our draft that TD and Co. put together before the season (especially Curtis Lofton), but I will be honest, I expected improvement and a fairly competitive football team, but not a team of this caliber.

Back on topic. That was a good post, and a true post. This is going to be a very tough game and a dome without friendly fans is going to be something different for Matt Ryan. I do think however that he is prepared for it, and I feel confident that if he falters tomorrow, it will be a learning experience for him and will help him in the future. I am not saying that I want or think that he is going to play poorly, I just feel that Ryan will learn from his failures as well. The Falcons need to treat these last four games as playoff games, and both dome games, tomorrow and when we travel to Minnesota to play the Vikings, are going to be very tough games to win. On a side note, I am excited to see both games because the Saints will really test our pass defense tomorrow, and Adrian Peterson will surely test our run defense in a few weeks.

To wrap it up, I want to say that if this team loses the final four games (which won't happen, this is just a what-if scenario) it would still be a enormous victory for the organization and the city of Atlanta (and for those fans who don't live in GA, you too). I think that the ownership has made the right moves this time and we will see the longest run of success this franchise has ever seen, ****, and I cross my fingers when I say this, we might even win a Superbowl in this era.

Whoa whoa whoa. Many years I've supported this team (32) but not every year do I believe we're contenders: This year included. As the season progressed, I started to believe. I never said I believed in them during the preseason, but I did and always will support them.

Whoa whoa whoa. Many years I've supported this team (32) but not every year do I believe we're contenders: This year included. As the season progressed, I started to believe. I never said I believed in them during the preseason, but I did and always will support them.

Oh okay, I wasn't taking a shot at you but I am with you that I support the team year in and year out. Some years it seems like a curse, but I make it. I was raised a Falcons and Braves fans and I am pretty diehard for both teams. My dad has been a big fan since '66 and he actually would dress up in his full football equipment to watch them lose when he was 11 (as he would joke) but I wasn't questioning your belief in the team, I just misunderstood you.

Oh okay, I wasn't taking a shot at you but I am with you that I support the team year in and year out. Some years it seems like a curse, but I make it. I was raised a Falcons and Braves fans and I am pretty diehard for both teams. My dad has been a big fan since '66 and he actually would dress up in his full football equipment to watch them lose when he was 11 (as he would joke) but I wasn't questioning your belief in the team, I just misunderstood you.

Right on. I was born and raised in Atlanta. I am a firm believer that if you born in a city and it has pro sports teams, you should support all the teams. So I am an Atlanta fan across the board.

I hope my philosophy transgresses to the transplants that moved here. Their parents might be fans of other teams, but they should support Atlanta teams. Of course, I really don't see that happening but it would be nice.

FYI, growing up we went to an Atlanta sporting even at least once every week. That was from age 7 when I first started playing football all the way up to 18 when I left for college.

Braves, Falcons, Hawks (sometimes 4 games a week).

Yes, Tomorrow going to be a war.

We going to face a very good offense, and have to play in a hostile place.

Our Offense have to be able to control the clock, keep the ball away from Drew Brees and wear down Saints defense.

While our Defense must bring their A game to stop Drew Brees.

We Can NOT allow Drew Brees to be comfortable in the pocket, and get his rhythm going.

However if we win this game, we are one step closer to Play off, and guarantee us a winning season.

I believe we can come in this game and dictate the Saints to play our game.

I believe we can over come the crowd noise, and play a mistake free game

I believe we can win this game

I believe in the Falcons :)

It's just one game. We win 9-4, we lose 8-5. Not even close to do or die....

With that said.....

LETS GO FALCONS!!!!!

I would normally agree but 10-6 in the NFC this year will probably keep us out of the playoffs.

Except for St. Louis this will be the worst defense we will face from the remaining teams. So if we lose this one then imo we have to run the table and I don't like the Vikings at home. I think we take Tampa in our house.

So this game is huge but pick your poison if we are to finish 11-5 who is our last loss to ?

Saints

Vikings ( my pick)

Bucs

Rams

Right on. I was born and raised in Atlanta. I am a firm believer that if you born in a city and it has pro sports teams, you should support all the teams. So I am an Atlanta fan across the board.

I hope my philosophy transgresses to the transplants that moved here. Their parents might be fans of other teams, but they should support Atlanta teams. Of course, I really don't see that happening but it would be nice.

FYI, growing up we went to an Atlanta sporting even at least once every week. That was from age 7 when I first started playing football all the way up to 18 when I left for college.

Braves, Falcons, Hawks (sometimes 4 games a week).

I only wish we could be so lucky here in Richmond, VA to have just one pro-team, much less teams like the Braves & Falcons.......but by some strange alignment of the planets, if we were to get a pro-football team, I would really have a hard time not supporting the Falcons.....I call them "My first love in football", lol, well 2nd to my 'lil man in the picture.........but I agree with your philosophy none-the-less, and appreciate your dedication to your hometown teams!

post-541859-1228653634_thumb.jpg

I agree with everything you're saying. If we don't get it done, I'm not going to be upset, because that's as hostile as it gets for road teams. The one x factor in tihs is the Falcons players' calm demeanor. They don't get rattled. You guys remember how emotions drove everything this team did under the Mora regime? We were so controlled by it, we were out of control most of the time. This team is in complete control of its emotions and doesn't get rattled by what's going on around them. If there is room to be optimistic and think that this team will perform differently, that has to be it.

The difference in this game could be the no-huddle. If we can get a lead and shut that crowd down a bit, we could really beat up on them with our 'sugar' offense.

I only wish we could be so lucky here in Richmond, VA to have just one pro-team, much less teams like the Braves & Falcons.......but by some strange alignment of the planets, if we were to get a pro-football team, I would really have a hard time not supporting the Falcons.....I call them "My first love in football", lol, well 2nd to my 'lil man in the picture.........but I agree with your philosophy none-the-less, and appreciate your dedication to your hometown teams!

Thanks! My buddy in Richmond said that a lot of people are bummed that the Braves are moving down here to Gwinnett. That stinks for you guys.

By the way, is that your son? He looks like he's going to be a beast when he grows up! Future Falcon perhaps? :D

Thanks! My buddy in Richmond said that a lot of people are bummed that the Braves are moving down here to Gwinnett. That stinks for you guys.

By the way, is that your son? He looks like he's going to be a beast when he grows up! Future Falcon perhaps? :D

Yeah, that's my boy, built like a tank, not much speed but he just tosses 'em around like a limp dish-rag, lol........this was actually his first year playing tackle & he did rather well at only 9 yrs old. I'm just glad he liked it being his Daddy played in HS, so he's found a niche in playing....I ordered NFL ticket so I could watch the Falcon's games & he loves to watch them with me, he is teaching me about the plays & such......I have become a total junkie, lol.....

We were VERY sorry to lose the Braves, but I hope it's a good thing for them & hope they do well! Not sure why this town let them go, very disappointed.....

their quick strike offense will keep the pressure on us on both sides of the ball today. we won last time because of 3 turn overs by brees. if he simply plays smart they have th edge. if we have 3 turn overs like last week this will be a blow out. the saints are the best offense we will face the rest of the way followed by two great defences in a row. the rams will be a welcomed opponent at home to close the regular season with what should be a win.