Anybody Take Greyhound Before?

womfalcs3

How is it? I'll be using it for the first time soon since I found it to be the cheapest way of transport to my destination. Are the buses clean? How should the experience pan out?

It appears I have one bus change in the way. It's not good since it's a 1.5-hour transition.

Hope you like the smell of cheap cologne :D

I kid, I kid....

How is it? I'll be using it for the first time soon since I found it to be the cheapest way of transport to my destination. Are the buses clean? How should the experience pan out?

It appears I have one bus change in the way. It's not good since it's a 1.5-hour transition.

I take them all the time. For the most part they're comfortable and clean. Sometimes I had trouble with leg room in some buses but if you're average height you shouldn't worry.

I take them all the time. For the most part they're comfortable and clean. Sometimes I had trouble with leg room in some buses but if you're average height you shouldn't worry.
I rode one about 6 months ago and it seemed ok to me.

That's good. Hopefully a nice person sits next to me. Maybe we can have a good discussion during the trip.

Yeah i've taken them a bunch of times

I don't notice the differences between different bus services other than price

so if you're anything like me you will like it

i would strongley suggest taking an Ipod. doesnt matter were you go it takes like three times as long

The best strategy if you want it to go by fast is to not sleep the night before. I did that before a trip to Montreal and I slept through 6 hours of the 7 hour ride. One of my friends who was with me tried using the same strategy but he made the mistake of sitting next to some girl that wouldn't shut the f up. I remember glancing over in between naps and lmao at him.

i took one to kentucky and back somewhere between august 28th and sept 7th (i know it was after our preseason was over, but before the lions game ;) ) and it wasnt that bad. its pretty clean and the people on there arent really crazy. there are just a lot of different personalities and some weird people.

one of my rides was from 1 pm to 10 pm and the other was from 7 pm to like 4 or 5 am. the ride during the night went by quicker, but the people were a little more rude and stuff. i slept most of the way on it.

where are you going?

i took one to kentucky and back somewhere between august 28th and sept 7th (i know it was after our preseason was over, but before the lions game ;) ) and it wasnt that bad. its pretty clean and the people on there arent really crazy. there are just a lot of different personalities and some weird people.

one of my rides was from 1 pm to 10 pm and the other was from 7 pm to like 4 or 5 am. the ride during the night went by quicker, but the people were a little more rude and stuff. i slept most of the way on it.

where are you going?

Columbia, SC.

The best strategy if you want it to go by fast is to not sleep the night before. I did that before a trip to Montreal and I slept through 6 hours of the 7 hour ride. One of my friends who was with me tried using the same strategy but he made the mistake of sitting next to some girl that wouldn't shut the f up. I remember glancing over in between naps and lmao at him.

Wow...that brings back memories. I rode the Greyhounds many times back in the day. Every small town used to have a Greyhound Station. You could catch a bus just about anywhere. I don't see them much anymore and rarely see the buses on the highway. Not a bad way to travel on the cheap. Enjoy it while you can before it disappears completely.

Come to think of it, they used to do charter buses full of Falcons fan to New Orleans for the Saints games. Anybody know if they still do that? I never rode one but my friends who did said it was a blast! Maybe we should think about bringing back that tradition, maybe to Carolina next year.

I would not reccommend taking Greyhound, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. It takes FOREVER and you have to stop in certain cities and you stop FOREVER and everyone on the bus is smelly and gross and its really cramped and uncomfortable. Seriously I only rode it one time, but it was the most horrible thing ever. Someone got on the bus carrying a big a$$ TV and sat next to me, it was horrible......also I think Amtrak is almost the same price and it's way better...more room and there's a dining car and you can get up and walk around if you want

I used to take Greyhound alot during my navy days (before I got a car). Your experience will depend on who rides with you on that particular day.

I had some nice quiet rides on most days. Some days I met some really weird characters. There are some real nutjobs who get tickets on those buses sometimes.