Not Surprised

Knight of God

god#%^, you are the reason Atlanta never wins superbowls, world series, stanley cups, NBA Finals.... because we don't deserve it because of fans like you. "Matt Ryan sucks" "Matt Ryan isn't as good as everyone says" Can winning not make you happy?

apparently not, maybe if we were undefeated, he wouldn't have made that post.

I admit that I was a Ryan hater, but once I opened my eyes I screamed...10-6 possible playoffs. This is not a gloat, but more like relief. Go Falcons!

Hey man, how have you been? Hope things are looking up for you. PM me sometime if you get a chance.

As far as the poster who said Vick had the exact same receivers, he didn't. Even by Roddy White's own admission. TD's draft also helped pave the way for Ryan's success. That said, you cannot deny what that guy has done for this team. I wanted Flacco, or Henne around draft time, but we are infitely and long term so much better off now and for the future w/Matt.

Legion, I really enjoyed the conversations we had preseason, regarding Ryan, TD, and especially Mularkey. I can only say I'm just as relieved and ecstatic as you are that things are coming together the way they are! :)

Ryan is DECENT not great ... maybe one day he will be great but hes not right now

Do u watch the result of the game or do u watch the actual game?

I mean do u watch and analize the kind of passes that he can throw and how well he has handled the blitzes?

Or do u just see the aftermath of the completions ? And I bet u don't compare Ryan to other receivers.

Thank god you are not part of the Facons scouting department.

Ryan is DECENT not great ... maybe one day he will be great but hes not right now

First, the fact that you were admittedly a "Ryan hater" shows either a lack of intelligence or a severly agenda driven mind. How could you hate a player before he played?

Secondly, are you aware that Ryan is on pace to be the greatest rookie quarterback of all time? This is not an opinion, I might add. THIS IS A FACT! He is currently on pace to being the best rookie QB statistically speaking of all time. How is that not great? How is that just being decent?

Let me guess, you were enamoured by out last franchise QB, weren't you? If Ryan wasn't #7 reincarnated, you were going to be biased against him, weren't you? Well, your still showing your biases if you can't see what everyone else sees about this kid. D@nm, even Saints fans are talking about how great this guy is, and you can't see it?

Ok, I do have one concern with Ryan.

It has turned out to be true that is arm isn't well above average in strength. I suppose if he ever had to rely on pure atheletic ability, we would be fighting for our lives. He plays the game so well he gets away with average NFL QB arm strength. He moves DBs with his eyes and always throws the ball right on time. That is the difference with him and Joey. Similar arm strength, but complete confidence in what will be there as the ball is released. Joey had to see the guy open, Ryan knows he will be open. That is the single difference.

I am by no means calling Ryan a rubber arm. i'm just saying he relys more on technique and the mental game than he does physical superiority. He may hit a learning curve and have to adapt his game. At some point DB's will see enough tape on him that they will learn to play their responsibility and not Ryan's eyes. By then it is likely he will have matured physically and his arm will be a little stronger imho.

So I have one concern <shrug>.

I feel this guy retires to the Hall of fame. Call me a homer if you like.