OLB Need

hakim24

We all know that we need to find a replacement for brooking and possibly Boley. I still think that we will Resign Boley though.

A lot of people are split between drafting an OLB early in the Draft and getting one in Free Agency

I think that we should sign somebody in Free Agency. It is a good chance that we lose both Brooking and Milloy, and without them, we are a EXTREMELY young defense. we need an experienced guy who will be around for about 3-5 years.

The player that I like the most is Karlos Dansby, but I also like Leroy Hill.

We cannot go TOO young on the D. We need some good experience.... especially in our Linebacker Core.

The only two guys I'd take in FA are young:

Lamar Myles (perfect for the Cover 2 WLB spot but has fallen off of FA radar since he went undrafted)

Ezra Butler (was drafted by 49ers but he enjoys his marijuana and was cut - unfortunate since he was penciled in to start)

Otherwise:

Brandon Spikes - early

Gerald McRath - early

Mark Herzlich - early

Sean Witherspoon - early

Jonathan Casillas - late

are all guys I would look at in the draft

You mean replacing Boley and possibly Brooking

Yeah I saw Lofton whiffing several times so by the replacing politburo then we will have to look at replacing him too. Abraham didn't get a sack so we might have to replace him as well. ;)

I am glad TD is the GM for our team or we would be the Washington Redskins every year replacing players with other players in FA, etc.

LBs are great to draft because it is one of the easiest positions to transistion into the NFL.

I wouldnt touch Lance Briggs on a big deal. He isnt that great this season. I would look at Leroy Hill, because Dansby will get 50M or more.

And Suggs would be a RE in a 4-3, certainly not what we need. If we spend that kind of dough I would rather persue Peppers so we didnt have to face him 2x a year.

Man, imagine this:

RE - John Abraham

DT - Peria Jerry

DT - Jonathan Babineaux

LE - Julius Peppers

wow....but it wont happen.