I trust in Richt....

pit&atlfan81

I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to making changes. And the ONLY way he is on the hot seat is if he loses to Tech 2 more times in a row. SO enough of that.

He has stressed a return to basics this winter, tackling, fundamentals, and discipline. Running practice like a boot camp. Which is how he ran camp up till recently. And I believe him, as should all other Georgia fans. Sounds like everybody is getting back to basics, including the coaches.

And FWIW, poor defense didn't lose the Tech game, poor tackling and fundamentals did. CWM had a good plan going, w/using a 4-4 and having an extra LB in there. But if you can't tackle then it doesn't matter what scheme you run.

FWIW, Meyer didn't fire Charlie Strong after the Gators lost 4 games last year and the defense didn't have a good year.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just getting a little tired of the lunatic fringe saying "Richt needs to look over his shoulder", etc when he's about to win 10 games for the 6th time in his 8 years. Yeah, that'd do the trick.

We'd be a laughingstock just like AU is right now. (Auburn)

If UGA has a similar season your going to hear those drumbeats getting louder and louder. Fans are hungry for a Title and regression on top of not making changes will only fan the flames of discord.

I'll be fine w/Willie staying, from the sounds of it, it ain't gonna be a fun time to be a Dawgs player this upcoming spring nor fall. Back to basics, and that includes the coaches..

I do think Jancek should go, but not Willie.

He's had 4 years and outside of the 2nd half of last season...he's been a disappointment. Richt's loyalty will put him on the hotseat...and honestly I don't see why it shouldn't. The 9 years this year doesn't really mean much b/c the schedule ended up being pretty weak. Why should anyone think that things are gonna get better with Martinez at the helm? We got our "best players" on D and they can't even tackle and like someone else said...that's a representation of the coaching that late in the season.

FWIW, Anthony Dasher on UGAsports.com says that practices for the bowl game have been "A LOT" more physical and intense then they have been recently.

Looks like the change is already starting to happen. :):D

I really think Richt will challenge his coaches to be more physical and demanding this next year.

FWIW, Anthony Dasher on UGAsports.com says that practices for the bowl game have been "A LOT" more physical and intense then they have been recently.

I really think Richt will challenge his coaches to be more physical and demanding this next year.

Until it happens on the field I don't believe anything.

Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk....

We want results not excuses or changes made waaay after the fact.

Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk....

We want results not excuses or changes made waaay after the fact.

Exactly!

The Bama loss wasn't enough for them to get it in gear? The embarrassment that went down in Jacksonville didn't wake them up? We've got guys talking about players only meetings and poking out their chests after stopping the offensive juggernaut that was Auburn...I see no reason to think these guys are gonna turn it on for the Cap. One Bowl.

Call me when they put it together and make a title run.

I think Richt is a helluva coach, and has done an outstanding job of rebuilding UGA's program, but his loyalty to CWM is going to cost him his job...the landscape of the SEC is changing yet again. Kiffin at UT, and you can expect at least one more big time coaching hire either at Auburn or Miss State, and suddenly the slack in the chain around everyone's neck in the SEC just tightened up that much more. Richt's loyalty is wonderful, but just like anything else, too much of it can become dangerous...CWM isn't a great coordinator. :ph34r:

Exactly!

The Bama loss wasn't enough for them to get it in gear? The embarrassment that went down in Jacksonville didn't wake them up? We've got guys talking about players only meetings and poking out their chests after stopping the offensive juggernaut that was Auburn...I see no reason to think these guys are gonna turn it on for the Cap. One Bowl.

Call me when they put it together and make a title run.

Then go find another team to cheer for.

Bandwagon fans. :rolleyes:

I think Richt is a helluva coach, and has done an outstanding job of rebuilding UGA's program, but his loyalty to CWM is going to cost him his job...the landscape of the SEC is changing yet again. Kiffin at UT, and you can expect at least one more big time coaching hire either at Auburn or Miss State, and suddenly the slack in the chain around everyone's neck in the SEC just tightened up that much more. Richt's loyalty is wonderful, but just like anything else, too much of it can become dangerous...CWM isn't a great coordinator. :ph34r:

Richt didn't say he wasn't making any staff changes, TOn. He said he doesn't "forsee" any.

That left him open to making changes.

And for those on here who don't think Richt won't make any changes, you haven't been paying attention. He has made changes before, both staff wise and personally.

- When he had issues w/clock management in 2001, he called in a consultant to help him. And he fixed thae problem.

WHen the offense started to become bogged down while he was still the OC, he had a moment of self-reflection and prayer and gave up his OC duties.

When the team was playing uninspired football in 2007, he looked at himself in the mirror and changed his personality and the team's. And it worked for a while, but ultimately, that was the start of the disciplne and fundamental problems. The Celebration in '07. Now it's time to come full-circle and reverse that and get back to basics. Which is what Richt has pledged to do. I am confident, and judging by Dash's reports of practice, that he this is just the start of that process and that he will run his camps the way he did from '01-05, basic-training style.

Richt is capable of making changes, those examples above are proof in the pudding.

Well for his sake and the sake of all of his future adopted children, I hope he fires CWM... :lol:

Personally, I think it's more fundamental and discipline then anything else.

And that falls on all the coaches, just not CWM.

But I do think CMR is gonna ride all of his assistants butts in the offseason as well to get back to how they did things.