I hate to make comparisons with 1998 but...

IN_Falcon

I hate to compare this team to the team in 1998 for the shear fact they are so different, but at the same time, I feel this years team is heading on a special course that no one could have predicted--just like 1998.

During the 1998 season, the first game against the Saints was at the Georgia Dome and we won 31-23. During that game we had 297 total yards and the Saints had 322. During the second game, which was in New Orleans, the Falcons won 27-17 but we had 504 total yards to the Saints 216.

This year, the first game against the Saints was at the Georgia Dome an we won by a similar margin 34-20. We had 361 total yards and the Saints had 521 (a good chunk of these came in the fourth when it didn't matter).

So, hopefully, we take a page from the 1998 Falcons and win in the Super Dome and rack up a lot of yards. Considering we did so well against the Panties the second time around, I wouldn't doubt we could do the same to the Aints.

I have been saying there are so many similiars to 1998 that's scary.
No joke. It's scary. It could happen. I wouldn't be as shocked this time though.

I remember winning the game over the Aints in the Dome in 1998. After we sealed it I did the Dirty Bird all the way down the concourse, out the Dome and all the way down Northside Drive to my car. Actually it was more like the Falcon run Hebert did in the Superdome after he threw a bomb on the Aints in the mid nineties. No kidding.

We gotta win this one to set up the game against the '98 49ers that really made us legit. This time it will be the team I hate the most though. The Pirates.

I have been saying there are so many similiars to 1998 that's scary.

So have I, Bruising run game, play action passing, opportunistic D, although unlike our '98 season we have had some GREAT passing when it seemed we couldnt get the run game going right away, not just off play action either

No joke. It's scary. It could happen. I wouldn't be as shocked this time though.

I remember winning the game over the Aints in the Dome in 1998. After we sealed it I did the Dirty Bird all the way down the concourse, out the Dome and all the way down Northside Drive to my car. Actually it was more like the Falcon run Hebert did in the Superdome after he threw a bomb on the Aints in the mid nineties. No kidding.

We gotta win this one to set up the game against the '98 49ers that really made us legit. This time it will be the team I hate the most though. The Pirates.

I remember we beat the Patriots 41 - 10 in New England then the next week came back to The Dome and beat the 49ers.

Compare to '98 all you like, until we get to the SB, IF we get there. Then just stfu about '98.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: