HSN Infuriates me with Their Gateway Presentations

womfalcs3

I have before e-mailed them about this.

They put up videos of video games in Windows Media Player, then have the audacity to argue that those are actual video games running on the computer. Often times you can see the WMP GUI even.

This "Gateway Joe" person says things like, "Look at this computer running video games without a hitch." as they do this. They make it seem a computer with integrated graphics, 2 GB of memory, and a first-generation dual core CPU can run games in 720p while maintaining a 30 frame/sec or higher frame rate.

I have before e-mailed them about this.

They put up videos of video games in Windows Media Player, then have the audacity to argue that those are actual video games running on the computer. Often times you can see the WMP GUI even.

This "Gateway Joe" person says things like, "Look at this computer running video games without a hitch." as they do this. They make it seem a computer with integrated graphics, 2 GB of memory, and a first-generation dual core CPU can run games in 720p while maintaining a 30 frame/sec or higher frame rate.

you seriously need to get out more

I dont watch HSN but I ALWAYS get pissed off when I hear people trying to sell computers. The amount of BS that goes around is incredible because they know the people they are selling them to know absolutely nothing about computers.

Geeksquad is a perfect example of this. Thats where people go now. But what nobody realizes is that if any one of their employees could actually do the things they claim to be able to do, he wouldn't be getting next to minimum wage working for geeksquad. People are pretty much paying for a dude off the street to look at their computer.