disregarding age where would you put matt ryanin league wide QBs

obviously with his age he is arguably the hottest QB prospectaround but if every QB was 27 say where would you put him in the league. i would say he is still 5-10 range with only manning, brady and brees a way ahead of him

He's just scratching the top ten right now and with his ridiculous upside and potential, I'd take him over any QB in the league.

He is currently ranked #8 overall vs. all QB's based on rating. He is ranked #1 in DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average quarterback in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance. Negative DVOA represents below-average offense.

I would have to put him in the Top 10 for now. I don't think you can really judge a QB in their first year. I personally think that the Cowboys really jumped the gun giving Romo all of that money so soon. I do think that Ryan looks a little bit better each game and never looks in over his head(except for the first half of the Bucs game) so that is a very encouraging sign.

For now though I would have to put him in the Top 10 with the potential to be in the Top 3.

He is currently ranked #8 overall vs. all QB's based on rating. He is ranked #1 in DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average quarterback in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance. Negative DVOA represents below-average offense.

Wow. Where do they list these?

If I had to build a team I'd take Matt right now.

If I had to win a championship, I'd take Brady or Manning, based on the fact they have the post season experience.

For this team this year, I'd dance with the one who brung us. If we make the playoffs, Matt Ryan is the only QB for this team.

I can't really say where he ranks. I agree that right now I'd not be willing to give him up for anyone else based on potential. The only QB imo, who isn't a system product is Manning. The rest benefit alot from the people around them. I'll take our QB in our system and see what I have when the dust settles.

As for just this year? I think we'll know where he ranks for 08 when he finishes the next four games. That's what a franchise QB is paid for. Will he be the guy we've seen most of the year or will he become a rookie under the pressure of having to win maybe 3 of 4 to get in the playoffs? It'll be fun to find out

Wow. Where do they list these?

I'll give you links:

For the overall standing among all QB's in the league - go here: Link1

For the DVAR rank and the DVOA rank - go here: Link2

I really like the DVAR and DVOA because they take the defenses played into account - the value of the yardage and the value of the play. It's not just straight numbers. Very telling. You should look at some of the stuff they do - they are pretty in depth.

After Brady and Manning

Despite their unfortunate year, They are still the top two, and will be until they get old and brittle. Manning just has a killer instinct that carries that team, similar to what Matt is developing, and hopefully someday we'll see the scenario in the Bears game, in any game we're trailing.. The thing I love that Ryan is showing in some games is that ability like Manning has, to even come back 20+ points in the 4th quarter alone.

Brady is another story. Best QB in NFL history, as much as I hate to admit it. No one is more clutch than Brady. Its not a fair comparison to put a rook up against him.

he's def top 10 IMO. i think next year he'll be even better and i'll be able to put him in the top 5. i hate when people bring up the fact that he's a rookie, because that really has very little to do w/ anything. all that means is that its his first year in the league. he is a QUARTERBACK, a STARTER and a FOOTBALL player. he's winning just as many games and putting up just as good #s as people that have been in the league 5 or 10+ years.