Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Who Will Make The Playoffs In The NFC?

36 posts in this topic

2. Which teams do you see making the playoffs in the NFC?

Green: I think the division winners will be the Giants, Buccaneers, Vikings and Cardinals. My two wild-card teams are the Panthers and Cowboys. I think all roads to the Super Bowl in the NFC will lead right through the Meadowlands and that is going to be one nasty place to play come January. There is a huge showdown this week in the NFC South that will take place between Tampa Bay and Carolina and while that game is in Carolina, Tampa Bay has been playing better football. Even though Minnesota potentially could lose DTs Pat Williams and Kevin Williams inside, the Bears and Packers just can't stop anyone on defense and I do not think either is capable of getting on a late-season run. Arizona is not playing very well either, but gets in by default in the terrible NFC West.

Horton: The Giants are clearly the No. 1 seed in the NFC and it will be tough to beat them in January. They are resilient, battle-tested, deep and their game plan is portable. The Bucs will be the No. 2 seed, but they are not a dynamic team and it will be tough for them to go deep in the playoffs. The No. 3 seed will be lackluster Minnesota, but like Tampa Bay the Vikings will likely be one and done. That leaves the Cardinals as the No. 4 seed from the weak NFC West, but as good as this offense can be they will have an early playoff exit. That leaves Carolina and Dallas as the wild cards and both will advance to the divisional round, setting up exciting divisional games.

Kidd: Giants, Packers, Panthers, Cardinals, Buccaneers and Cowboys. The Giants are easily the best team in the NFC and will lock up home-field advantage in the next few weeks. I wanted to take the Vikings in the NFC North, but the uncertainty of Pat and Kevin Williams looms large and the Packers can get back into this race with a very winnable schedule down the stretch. However, whoever represents this division will be one and done. Meanwhile, the Cardinals should wrap the division up this week and the Buccaneers' defense will carry them to a wild-card spot. Even though the Cowboys have the toughest road to follow, they are just too talented not to make the playoffs, regardless of how poorly they have played in December the past few years.

Kretz: The Giants and Cardinals pretty much have their divisions wrapped up, while Tampa Bay has a relatively easy road to the postseason. Minnesota has a tough schedule after visiting a rather inept Detroit team this weekend, so I'm picking the Bears to overtake the Vikings, since all four of their final opponents are below .500. The Panthers and the Falcons will be the wild-card teams.

Moll: The Giants are the most impressive team in football and will take this division with little trouble. The NFC North has been one of the most intriguing divisions and the Vikings are leading, but have a tough final three games. The Bears have the easiest path to the divisional championship, but I don't see it this year. The NFC South has turned out to be the most competitive race in the league. The Falcons' Cinderella story is nice, but I don't see them winning the division. The Panthers have a bit tougher path to win the division, but I see them getting the win this week over the Bucs and doing enough down the stretch to edge Tampa Bay. The NFC West is similar to the AFC West because the Cardinals could win the division with an 8-8 record or worse. The Cardinals should get at least two wins down the stretch which will be enough to stumble into the divisional championship.

The NFC wild-card teams are really tough to pick, but I'll go with the Cowboys and Buccaneers. Dallas has by far the toughest remaining schedule with four games against teams with winning records, but the Cowboys have the talent to do it. This is going to be a daunting task, but if they're healthy I see it happening. Tampa Bay has a 50/50 chance to win the division with the talent and position the Bucs are presently in, so I'll make them a lock for at least a wild-card spot.

Ribary: My NFC division winners are the Giants, Buccaneers, Cardinals and Vikings. I like the Cowboys and Panthers to be the wild-card teams. If this scenario plays out, I feel like either of the wild-card teams is capable of an upset. The upcoming Monday night game is huge for the Bucs and Panthers and it could cost one of them a home game in the playoffs, but the Giants are looking good for home field throughout at this point.

Williamson: I am sticking with the Bucs to win the NFC South, although that division is obviously extremely competitive and I am also very up and down on QB Jeff Garcia. The Cardinals and Giants have their divisions all but locked up. The NFC North is anyone's guess and while I think that Green Bay is the best team in that division, Minnesota is my pick after a huge win last week. The Panthers have some warts, but they are going to get into the postseason, and although the Cowboys have an incredibly difficult schedule the rest of the way, I really like how they are playing so they are my other choice for the wild card.

Link

Glad nobody really picks us to make it, other then 2 people we have no expectations from anyone, thus there is no pressure on us to accomplish anything.

Besides, our season has already been a success at this point anyway.

but seriously im really hoping that the vikes win the division. I would much rather have to go to minn. then stupid cold as soldier field

I can't wait until the South sends 3 teams to the playoffs B)

well.....you know who the first ever Wild Card Team was dont ya?

none other than the Atlanta Falcons.

I think we should at least get into the Wild Card.....if not by some great leap of faith, into the Playoffs.....

oh yeah.....

keep smilin,

olehippy13

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NV4idjaZc6s

wow, nothing but a bunch of Dallas homers? They act like its 100% fact the cowboys will get in. Not with their schedule. **** the cowboys.

I really think 3 teams from the NFC South get in. :)

Falcons @ Cardinals in Wild Card game.

The Cards would have to lose their last 4 games and have Frisco win their last 4 in order to NOT win the NFC west. No way are the Cards going to be a wild card. One anmd Done for sure but not as a wild card!

The Cards would have to lose their last 4 games and have Frisco win their last 4 in order to NOT win the NFC west. No way are the Cards going to be a wild card. One anmd Done for sure but not as a wild card!

He wasn't saying the Cardinals were gonna be a Wild Card. Only the first 2 seeds get a 1st round bye. The Cardinals would be a #3 or #4 seed meaning they would have to play the first round of the playoffs also know as the Wild Card round of the playoffs meaning it would be a Wild Card playoff game.

All this confidence in Dallas makes NO logical sense after what they have shown so far. The Rams is one of your losses and you're gonna sweep 4 winning teams to vault into stardom. 2 and 2 if they're lucky ...and they are. :rolleyes: The wildcards are gonna be 11-5. Sorry Cowpukes! :P

All this confidence in Dallas makes NO logical sense after what they have shown so far. The Rams is one of your losses and you're gonna sweep 4 winning teams to vault into stardom. 2 and 2 if they're lucky ...and they are. :rolleyes: The wildcards are gonna be 11-5. Sorry Cowpukes! :P

Exactly. The Cowboys last 4 games are;

at Pittsburgh (9 - 3)

NY Giants (11 - 1)

Baltimore (8 - 4)

at Philadelphia (6 - 5 - 1)

Barber didn't make the trip to Pittsburg so it just got that much harder

Good. I love it. B)

I'm gonna say Tony Homo throws 3 interceptions and loses at least 1 fumble. :P

I really doubt the Cowboys get in...

1. Giants

2. The Bucs (I hate to say it but heir schedule is pretty favorable

3. Cards

4. Vikings

5. FALCONS

6. Washington

That's just looking at the schedule. I think this is the most likely scenario. If Carolina beats Tampa on Monday night, i'll have to reconsider...

at Pittsburgh (9 - 3) Loss

NY Giants (11 - 1) Loss

Baltimore (8 - 4)

at Philadelphia (6 - 5 - 1)

As mentioned earlier they are 2-2 at best. The picture will be much more clear after tomorrow.

I really doubt the Cowboys get in...

1. Giants

2. The Bucs (I hate to say it but heir schedule is pretty favorable

3. Cards

4. Vikings

5. FALCONS

6. Washington

That's just looking at the schedule. I think this is the most likely scenario. If Carolina beats Tampa on Monday night, i'll have to reconsider...

The Bucs are overrated. They offense is not that good, they have no WR and no real RB (Dunn is DONE). They will lose to the Panthers and then they will lose here to us.

The Bucs are overrated. They offense is not that good, they have no WR and no real RB (Dunn is DONE). They will lose to the Panthers and then they will lose here to us.

I agree that they are a bit overrated, but their defense is still legit and they have an experienced quarterback with plenty of weapons (Dunn is still and good rusher, Cadillac is slowly coming back, and Antonio Bryant is turning into a legit number 1 receiving option). They also have two pretty easy games remaining and winnable game against the panties...

God i am so sick of the ****ing Cowboys. I like Romo because he is from WI but other then that i hate them. Do these writers even know the Cowboys remaining schedule? Dallas has a tough road. We do to but not nearly as tough as Dallas. Hopefully we win and they lose so we can have a game on them.