Hawks squeak by Knicks

Unknøwn

Marvin Williams scored 18 points, and the Atlanta Hawks beat New York 98-95 on Friday night, avoiding overtime when the Knicks' Al Harrington missed a last-second 3-pointer. Joe Johnson added 17 points for Atlanta, and Josh Smith had 16. Harrington led New York with 27 points. The Knicks lost despite holding an opponent under 100 points for the first time in 12 games. With Atlanta leading by three, Harrington missed a jumper with 34 seconds left.

Only the Hawks

i am not going to pay much attention to the final score, a win is a win, whether by an inch or by a mile.

I would rather look at who stepped up. Marvin has been solid this year from what I have seen, but Joe has cooled off considerably since our hot start. Marvin & Al & Smoove can carry our team on individual nights (like it appears Marvin did tonight), but Joe has the talent to carry this team over the course of the season. He needs to start playing like it.

Good win, even if it wasn't pretty. Our 3's weren't falling tonight, and if they had been, this game would've been over by halftime. We need a lot of work on defense. I know the Knicks can put up some points, but we were leaving their shooters wide-open all night. If it wasn't for Al Harrington cooling down considerably, we would have lost.

12-6!

Like the prediction stated, Marvin's shooting very well from 3 point land. He's actually getting some consideration for the 3-point contest this year. And after reading who's been coaching him up this summer on that stroke, it's no surprise. Mark Price is a shooting consultant for the Hawks this year who Marvin credits for his improved range.

Josh went out when we were 4-0. We're 6-0 with him.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

And goodoleboy, did you see the first half? Smith was playing awesome. His conditioning is still not where it needs to be, because he has fallen off in the second half each of the last two games. Also, the Hawks missed 21 three's and still won. If we had a usual night from 3 it would have been a blowout.