racism still goin around

mattryandude2

i was watchin ESPN (NFL Live) and so they were talkin a bout the falcons-they interview fans and not being racist,they were all black so any way:

A.they all were michael vick innocence pleaders (still)

B.they said Matt Ryan still has to win the superbowl 2 times in a row to prove himself (there were 4 of them)

C.they said Matt Ryan has been playing like dan orlovsky (and said orlovsky was on the saints)

D.they thought Michael turner AND Michael Jenkins were both on the chargers

they were the stupidest kids i've ever seen

i was watchin ESPN (NFL Live) and so they were talkin a bout the falcons-they interview fans and not being racist,they were all black so any way:

A.they all were michael vick innocence pleaders (still)

B.they said Matt Ryan still has to win the superbowl 2 times in a row to prove himself (there were 4 of them)

C.they said Matt Ryan has been playing like dan orlovsky (and said orlovsky was on the saints)

D.they thought Michael turner AND Michael Jenkins were both on the chargers

they were the stupidest kids i've ever seen

*looks at the 45% Packers*

-_-

Just cuz they were from atlanta and nfl live interviewed them does not mean they were falcon fans, if they did not know who Turner played for they are not even football fans!

Exactly.....and anyone who made those other comments about Ryan isn't a genuine Falcon fan either.

A Falcon fan wants the Falcons to do well, regardless of who is on the roster.

michael vick through no fault of his own. prior to the flicking fans off, getting caught with weed. spreading STD's and before the illegal dog fighting thing came out . had already split this fanbase up. I liked vick and im so much of a homer that I put up with most of his stunts. but once he pleaded guilty that was it for me. I know longer like him and no longer support him.

Im white and ive been labled a racist by more then one person and even 3 superbowls with matt ryan will never change peoples mind.

That isn't racism - it's just football ignorance. What does that have to do with race?

With this I agree. However, in a recent article posted here, Jessie Tuggle was implying our fanbase is filled with racists who only supported Vick because he was black and refused to give Ryan an equal chance. If true, that's one sad, sad story. :(

With this I agree. However, in a recent article posted here, Jessie Tuggle was implying our fanbase is filled with racists who only supported Vick because he was black and refused to give Ryan an equal chance. If true, that's one sad, sad story. :(

It may be true that there are some who supported him because they were proud to see a black man do well and felt he was persecuted because of his color and are angry with the Falcons for some reason over the whole mess. That does not, however, speak for every African American Falcon fan. There are many fans who, while still wishing well for Vick, have embraced the new QB as part of the team they love.

To group every person of any race into one group because of the words of a few is the really sad part. There are many Falcon fans, not Vick fans who root for the team - and they come in many races and from many backgrounds.

Those who are Vick fans and not Falcon fans - that's another story. They'll follow him where he goes and root for him there. That's their right and I have no problem with it.

It's the people who are hating on the Falcons for some perceived "wrong" they did Vick - those are the ones who irritate me.

It may be true that there are some who supported him because they were proud to see a black man do well and felt he was persecuted because of his color and are angry with the Falcons for some reason over the whole mess. That does not, however, speak for every African American Falcon fan. There are many fans who, while still wishing well for Vick, have embraced the new QB as part of the team they love.

To group every person of any race into one group because of the words of a few is the really sad part. There are many Falcon fans, not Vick fans who root for the team - and they come in many races and from many backgrounds.

Those who are Vick fans and not Falcon fans - that's another story. They'll follow him where he goes and root for him there. That's their right and I have no problem with it.

It's the people who are hating on the Falcons for some perceived "wrong" they did Vick - those are the ones who irritate me.

Dead on tandy........you rule.... ;)

Exactly.....and anyone who made those other comments about Ryan isn't a genuine Falcon fan either.

A Falcon fan wants the Falcons to do well, regardless of who is on the roster.

I was so upset when it was announced prior to the draft that we'd decided on Ryan that I didn't start following it until the first round was nearly over. However, Matt Ryan was my favorite QB as soon as his name was announced.

I was so upset when it was announced prior to the draft that we'd decided on Ryan that I didn't start following it until the first round was nearly over. However, Matt Ryan was my favorite QB as soon as his name was announced.

Same here Jay......good post....

transplant city, so being from atlanta doesnt mean crap. heck their a fans of other teams that are born here.

Big time. That's why Steelers, Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, etc... fans fill our stadiums but show GA driver's licenses when buying beer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My take on the "racism" that is the plague that infects everything in this country now. If you're truly a racist, then you can't enjoy watching sports. Thus, you can't be a fan of any team. If your biggest concern is Vick being persecuted, or any player for that matter, then you just don't get how sports work.

I just want to point out that not every black falcon fan was a fan of vick, I personally thought he sucked balls. I gave him 3 seasons and his stats dropped every year and I also thought he wasn't a leader on offense going into his final freefall years.

Either way we would have drafted another QB either this year or next even if vick didnt have the urge to fight dogs because he sucked that bad.