The Falcons 'sure' win this weekend my not be so certain after all...

ryan-2

Like I said, the 'sure' win was really not a certain thing. The two wins by our team blinded Falcons fans to the fact that football is still any given Sunday. I pointed out the facts why this game would be the hardest for us yet, and it seems like everybody looked past this game.

Let's see:

-Losing in the turnover margin usually results in a loss. We were lucky to win in San Diego. This week we faced a better offense and well, what did I say?

-Home field advantage. NFC South is 22-2 at home and is now 23-2. The Saints have won the last 4 out of 5 at home against us and are now 5 out of 6.

-Falcons fans laugh at Reggie Bush being a bust, but he puts up 100+ yards a game. Today he put up 106 yards and a touchdown.

-I also stated Jeremy Shockey was back. He had 5 catches for 64 yards.

-Saints also had more to play for, and came out fired up.

The so called 'guaranteed' win did not happen. Our team overlooked the Saints as just another 'W.' Add that with lackluster LB play, especially by Boley, we ended up with a loss.

The surprising win over the Chargers made Falcons fans delusional.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boley dropped the int and all of a sudden this pillow biter claims the loss is on him.

It's funny how good posters get run off but this guy is allowed to hang around every ****ing day. That is ********.

Wow, I bullet-pointed five reasons why this game was hard to win, and you point to my statement on Boley, which was not part of the five.

how was this at any point a "sure win"?

we were picked underdogs to a Saints team that is prolific on offense and doubly good at home, in a year where NFC South teams are impossible to beat at home, with a team of rookies and no-names who were predicted to win 1 game this year.

so basically, WTF are you even talking about?

Like I said, the 'sure' win was really not a certain thing. The two wins by our team blinded Falcons fans to the fact that football is still any given Sunday. I pointed out the facts why this game would be the hardest for us yet, and it seems like everybody looked past this game.

Let's see:

-Losing in the turnover margin usually results in a loss. We were lucky to win in San Diego. This week we faced a better offense and well, what did I say?

-Home field advantage. NFC South is 22-2 at home and is now 23-2. The Saints have won the last 4 out of 5 at home against us and are now 5 out of 6.

-Falcons fans laugh at Reggie Bush being a bust, but he puts up 100+ yards a game. Today he put up 106 yards and a touchdown.

-I also stated Jeremy Shockey was back. He had 5 catches for 64 yards.

-Saints also had more to play for, and came out fired up.

The so called 'guaranteed' win did not happen. Our team overlooked the Saints as just another 'W.' Add that with lackluster LB play, especially by Boley, we ended up with a loss.

The surprising win over the Chargers made Falcons fans delusional.

no one guaranteed a win!