The Falcons 'sure' win this weekend my not be so certain after all...

ryan-2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my question is why didnt u mention anything about the saints defense in your post? o because they dont have one? there defense is so bad taht you cant even defend it? no wonder this fanbase feels confidence in a up comming win **** if we can put 45 up on carolina how many can we put up on the saints? call me a homer all u want but I think we should go for 2 on every touchdown . they cant stop it. they try to run up the score on green bay going for 2 when up by 21 in the 4th. lets show them what its like to have the score ran up on them.

The Saints game will be tough & we were favored by 6 to beat Denver who had a depleted secondary & we didn't score effectively. Our team should win this game but it's as always going to come down to attitude, poise, & execution. This team has a chance to win 3 in a row for the 1st time since '05.

With the Falcons on a two game winning streak and a record of 8-4, fans have been more than jubilant. After all, who could blame them? The Falcons have recovered from a devastating season last year and it's only natural . However, the unexpected record may have knocked the fans from their senses. They may have forgotten that this is the NFL, and not a routine match-up between Fedor Emelianenko and some opponent in which we know for certain who's going to win.

Last week, the Falcons barely escaped with a win and gave up the ball three times. If the Chargers had some sort of an offense, the Falcons would have left with a painful loss, putting them two games behind the division leader. Now of course, people say a win is a win - and that's true. However, a win last week does not mean a win this week, and the Saints will probably be the toughest opponent we've faced so far. Yet, Falcons fans act like the game is in the bag already and we can move on to Tampa Bay.

There are numerous reasons why this game will be extremely difficult. First off, it is an away game. There's a reason why home teams in football get an automatic 3 point advantage in Vegas, and it's because road games are hard for teams. Yet, fans think this will be a remake of the last matchup between the two teams in which the Falcons had home field advantage. They fail to realize that the NFC South is 22-2 at home. The Saints have also won 4 out of the last 5 games against the Falcons at the Superdome.

Secondly, Reggie Bush is back. I understand that most people here see Bush as a bust. But again, fans are blinded by their homerism and the past two wins. Reggie Bush completely changes the dynamics of games and averages 120 all purpose yards a game - and that includes the game last week against the Bucs in which he just came back from injury. A team normally averages 300 yards and Bush accounts for one third of the offense - that's huge. On top of Bush being back and the fact that we don't have the caliber LBs to cover him out of the backfield, the Saints still have Brees and Colston - two top players in their respective positions. Also, Jeremy Shockey has stepped is game up. With all this talent, Falcons fans still think that winning a second time will be as easy, if not easier than winning the first game.

And finally, the Saints have more to play for. For them, it's all or nothing and they must win their last four games. They also remember the tough loss they received when they entered the Georgia Dome earlier this season, and believe me, they will play with a chip on their shoulder. They may have likely underestimated us the first time, but now they will play us like we are the team to beat in the NFL. And with that mentality, the Saints will be the toughest opponent we face.

But fans are always delusional. When things start going good for someone, they always get ahead of themselves. But like always, someone else comes in and puts them in their place. Falcons fans are acting like the record is 9-4 when it is still only 8-4.

Hubris...

anyone notice the error? he says this is the toughest game WE'VE faced and then said but the falcons fans........Please dude How can u say we've? your no part of this team. player . coach . or fan. and u admit it in your very next sentence.

anyone notice the error? he says this is the toughest game WE'VE faced and then said but the falcons fans........Please dude How can u say we've? your no part of this team. player . coach . or fan. and u admit it in your very next sentence.

My fault for a few pronoun disagreements. Didn't realize this is English class.