The Falcons 'sure' win this weekend my not be so certain after all...

ryan-2

With the Falcons on a two game winning streak and a record of 8-4, fans have been more than jubilant. After all, who could blame them? The Falcons have recovered from a devastating season last year and it's only natural . However, the unexpected record may have knocked the fans from their senses. They may have forgotten that this is the NFL, and not a routine match-up between Fedor Emelianenko and some opponent in which we know for certain who's going to win.

Last week, the Falcons barely escaped with a win and gave up the ball three times. If the Chargers had some sort of an offense, the Falcons would have left with a painful loss, putting them two games behind the division leader. Now of course, people say a win is a win - and that's true. However, a win last week does not mean a win this week, and the Saints will probably be the toughest opponent we've faced so far. Yet, Falcons fans act like the game is in the bag already and we can move on to Tampa Bay.

There are numerous reasons why this game will be extremely difficult. First off, it is an away game. There's a reason why home teams in football get an automatic 3 point advantage in Vegas, and it's because road games are hard for teams. Yet, fans think this will be a remake of the last matchup between the two teams in which the Falcons had home field advantage. They fail to realize that the NFC South is 22-2 at home. The Saints have also won 4 out of the last 5 games against the Falcons at the Superdome.

Secondly, Reggie Bush is back. I understand that most people here see Bush as a bust. But again, fans are blinded by their homerism and the past two wins. Reggie Bush completely changes the dynamics of games and averages 120 all purpose yards a game - and that includes the game last week against the Bucs in which he just came back from injury. A team normally averages 300 yards and Bush accounts for one third of the offense - that's huge. On top of Bush being back and the fact that we don't have the caliber LBs to cover him out of the backfield, the Saints still have Brees and Colston - two top players in their respective positions. Also, Jeremy Shockey has stepped is game up. With all this talent, Falcons fans still think that winning a second time will be as easy, if not easier than winning the first game.

And finally, the Saints have more to play for. For them, it's all or nothing and they must win their last four games. They also remember the tough loss they received when they entered the Georgia Dome earlier this season, and believe me, they will play with a chip on their shoulder. They may have likely underestimated us the first time, but now they will play us like we are the team to beat in the NFL. And with that mentality, the Saints will be the toughest opponent we face.

But fans are always delusional. When things start going good for someone, they always get ahead of themselves. But like always, someone else comes in and puts them in their place. Falcons fans are acting like the record is 9-4 when it is still only 8-4.

Hubris...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't so great on its on, winning would be great just to watch your desperate attempts.

I am calling it now.

Your post in 5 years from now:

If Project Ryan doesn't bring home the 3rd Straight Lombardi trophy this year - do we call him a Bust? Should we offer Vick his job back? Is he a failure because he can't get us to 3 in 5 years? Discuss.

i see ur point, but it seems like every game this year has been that way. oh the falcons have to prove themselves this week and this week and this week. weve beaten chicago, green bay, the panthers, and the saints already this year.

thats a legitimate reason to believe we should win this weekend.

the fact that we turned the ball over so many times and won is a good thing, it shows a good team

If it weren't so great on its on, winning would be great just to watch your desperate attempts.

I am calling it now.

Your post in 5 years from now:

If Project Ryan doesn't bring home the 3rd Straight Lombardi trophy this year - do we call him a Bust? Should we offer Vick his job back? Is he a failure because he can't get us to 3 in 5 years? Discuss.

the sad thing is that i have a feeling he will still be trolling our board five years from now. i wish he could be permabanned.

Thanks for helping me make my point too. That's 2-0 for the fans.

Feels good too. Sorry it upsets you. No, not really. Actually, I get a little bit happier - sort of like reading the Saints boards after our last win. Wrong maybe, but it is what it is. I'm loving it.

90% of the fans here are not saying this game is in the bag, in fact almost any thread you read we are saying that this is going to be a tough game!

We know we have to bring our A game, we know they are fighting for their playoff lives, we know they have the #1 offense in the NFL.

Trust me we get it!

But that does not mean that we are not going to cheer for our team, we are not going to go into the Superdome dragging our feet and chalking this one up as a loss, not just no but he11 NO!

If we were going to tuck tail and run we would be Eagles fans, so don't come onto this MB and assume to tell us fans that we are getting ahead of ourselves cause it is just not true. We are supporting our team and that is it.

You should try it sometime!!!

With the Falcons on a two game winning streak and a record of 8-4, fans have been more than jubilant. After all, who could blame them? The Falcons have recovered from a devastating season last year and it's only natural . However, the unexpected record may have knocked the fans from their senses. They may have forgotten that this is the NFL, and not a routine match-up between Fedor Emelianenko and some opponent in which we know for certain who's going to win.

Last week, the Falcons barely escaped with a win and gave up the ball three times. If the Chargers had some sort of an offense, the Falcons would have left with a painful loss, putting them two games behind the division leader. Now of course, people say a win is a win - and that's true. However, a win last week does not mean a win this week, and the Saints will probably be the toughest opponent we've faced so far. Yet, Falcons fans act like the game is in the bag already and we can move on to Tampa Bay.

There are numerous reasons why this game will be extremely difficult. First off, it is an away game. There's a reason why home teams in football get an automatic 3 point advantage in Vegas, and it's because road games are hard for teams. Yet, fans think this will be a remake of the last matchup between the two teams in which the Falcons had home field advantage. They fail to realize that the NFC South is 22-2 at home. The Saints have also won 4 out of the last 5 games against the Falcons at the Superdome.

Secondly, Reggie Bush is back. I understand that most people here see Bush as a bust. But again, fans are blinded by their homerism and the past two wins. Reggie Bush completely changes the dynamics of games and averages 120 all purpose yards a game - and that includes the game last week against the Bucs in which he just came back from injury. A team normally averages 300 yards and Bush accounts for one third of the offense - that's huge. On top of Bush being back and the fact that we don't have the caliber LBs to cover him out of the backfield, the Saints still have Brees and Colston - two top players in their respective positions. Also, Jeremy Shockey has stepped is game up. With all this talent, Falcons fans still think that winning a second time will be as easy, if not easier than winning the first game.

And finally, the Saints have more to play for. For them, it's all or nothing and they must win their last four games. They also remember the tough loss they received when they entered the Georgia Dome earlier this season, and believe me, they will play with a chip on their shoulder. They may have likely underestimated us the first time, but now they will play us like we are the team to beat in the NFL. And with that mentality, the Saints will be the toughest opponent we face.

But fans are always delusional. When things start going good for someone, they always get ahead of themselves. But like always, someone else comes in and puts them in their place. Falcons fans are acting like the record is 9-4 when it is still only 8-4.

Hubris...

most likely the saints defensive ends and deuce mccallister being suspended we have a better chance

my question is why didnt u mention anything about the saints defense in your post? o because they dont have one? there defense is so bad taht you cant even defend it? no wonder this fanbase feels confidence in a up comming win **** if we can put 45 up on carolina how many can we put up on the saints? call me a homer all u want but I think we should go for 2 on every touchdown . they cant stop it. they try to run up the score on green bay going for 2 when up by 21 in the 4th. lets show them what its like to have the score ran up on them.

I will always believe that we can beat anyone on any given sunday. Thats not to say we're lookin past them just cuz we beat them @ home. There are no charities in the NFL...except the Lions :P Seriously, the Lions were up 17-0 @ one point vs. the bucs and the raiders were neck and neck wit the panthers right till the end. What i'm tryin to say is that regardless of records, we bring our best game vs. everyone. The Aints are still in contention if they beat us, so i know we are not lookin past them.

I will always believe that we can beat anyone on any given sunday. Thats not to say we're lookin past them just cuz we beat them @ home. There are no charities in the NFL...except the Lions :P Seriously, the Lions were up 17-0 @ one point vs. the bucs and the raiders were neck and neck wit the panthers right till the end. What i'm tryin to say is that regardless of records, we bring our best game vs. everyone. The Aints are still in contention if they beat us, so i know we are not lookin past them.

Lions will probably beat the Vikings this weekend. If not they are going 0-16.

They will likely play this weekend.

Who cares? They don't go into a game to play the backups. They go into the team prepared to play a professional football team full of talent and ready to play in a loud dome away from home. They do that because that is their job. We are fans. Our job is to laugh at people like you, cheer for our team and talk smack to the opponents and believe in our team.

So, unless you're strapping on the pads this weekend - which you may well be, but probably not football pads, you're free to fill the boards with your crap and we're free to talk about how our team is going to stomp the Saints, safe in the knowledge that they will be prepared and go out to play 60 minutes of football with a talented team on the road in a hostile environment. They worry about it so we don't have to.

We are free to be fans. You call it delusional - but that would only be true if you knew it to be false - and if you are so sure of that - perhaps you are a bit delusional yourself. Hmmm...

Yours is the only post that used the words "sure" and win" in regards to the upcoming Saints game. Most reasonable posters (that automatically excludes you) have seen this game for what it is: another tough tussle between good teams in the best division in the NFL.

You are, as always, a pathetic troll whose only purpose on this message board is to display your obvious agendas and ignorance.

Carry on troll.

Who cares? They don't go into a game to play the backups. They go into the team prepared to play a professional football team full of talent and ready to play in a loud dome away from home. They do that because that is their job. We are fans. Our job is to laugh at people like you, cheer for our team and talk smack to the opponents and believe in our team.

So, unless you're strapping on the pads this weekend - which you may well be, but probably not football pads, you're free to fill the boards with your crap and we're free to talk about how our team is going to stomp the Saints, safe in the knowledge that they will be prepared and go out to play 60 minutes of football with a talented team on the road in a hostile environment. They worry about it so we don't have to.

We are free to be fans. You call it delusional - but that would only be true if you knew it to be false - and if you are so sure of that - perhaps you are a bit delusional yourself. Hmmm...

lol isnt it sad when the saints defense is so bad that this guy cant even defend them or mention them in his opening post? last game we were ready for a shoot out saints just didnt show up. **** I hope the saints offense atleast trys to show up this game i love blow outs but competitive football is where its at :P

Hubris...

Whew, FINALLY! In that case:

Falcons by 21

Bravado...

All that crap you spewed was pointless because the Aints offense will be on the sideline the majority of the game...defense wins games, you ain't know? Brees has thrown 300, 400+ yard games all season and still lost because that Aints defense is terrible. So they get Bush back, but it still won't do them any good unless Payton decides to put him in at safety too. <_<

I'm confident that my team will come in prepared and ready to play their best game, so I'm not worried. I don't predict outcomes, but I know what this team is capable of and they haven't let me down all season. These guys play with heart and if we lose, so be it. It still doesn't prove you right because no "real fan" declared a win. We all are sure that the Falcons will play hard for 60 minutes and that they stick to the coaches' gameplan, a gameplan that has gotten us to an 8-4 record buddy, so spew on that. We have the tools to beat the Aints...the only way we lose is if we play outside of ourselves, period.