Save the Raiders!

Yep

I'm pretty sure no player in the league wants to play for the Raiders and I'm willing to bet that probably everybody there right now wants out. So here's our chance to nab quality players. TD make it happen.

First matter of business! Trade a 1st round pick and a 5th round pick for both Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard. They are both in their contract years next year and the Raiders would be smart to try to get something for them. Now, I don't know how well Kirk will do playing SLB but I think it'll be worth having someone of his talent at LB. Thomas will play WLB. This way we solve our OLB problems instantly. Both Kirk and Thomas are 100% team players and don't give up. Just watch the Chargers game and you will see those 2 still played all out. They are great lockerroom guys and good friends - that means if you bring both of them in together, they will only boost each other's play!

First matter of business, part b. If we don't trade for them, their contracts expire 2010 - the same time Brooking's contract expires. I know Boley is good but either we aren't playing the right scheme for him or something because he's not making much probowl/highlight reel plays. We franchise Boley 2009 so he would only have to play for 1 more year. Then in 2010, we sign both Thomas and Kirk.

Second matter of business. Sign Asomugha. Unless the Raiders franchise him, I'm pretty sure he won't resign with them, so here's our chance to bring in a future HOF CB. I know throwing big money on a CB is not that cost effective, but here's the reason why we need him. VETERAN LEADERSHIP in our secondary. Sooner or later, Milloy will retire and we need a veteran DB to lead the guys. Asomugha can be that guy. He's a GREAT character guy and the perfect TD/Smith type player.

Third matter of business. Trade for Zach Miller in 2010. He's a 6'6 TE that's a huge receiving threat and in my opinion, one of the most underrated guys. Unless we add a good TE somewhere between now and 2010, he will greatly boost our TE corps. Peelle would be 31 and Hartsock would be 30. Miller would only be 24.

Fourth matter of business. Sign Jay Richardson in 2011. He's an underrated DE that will fit in great at LDE. Assuming Jamaal Anderson pans out and is still on the team then, Anderson and Richardson would make a great 1/2 punch at the LDE spot. They are both 6'6 280 so they can learn off each other.

Free the Raiders. They have so many great players and we need to sign them for CHEAP!!!

I'm sure they have some great players, but I doubt they have many.

I see lots of good players on the roster. Just very ****** schemes and organization. They have 3 good RBs, 2 good DEs, 2 great LBs, Best CB in the league, 2 good safeties, 1 great TE.

All those years of high picks have got them a bunch of talent.

Why not, Raiders need draft picks. We trade their 5th round pick back and a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for Kirk Thomas Co.

i see our lbs as good enough and td will draft mostly....i think he could bring in a dt through free agency maybe even a milloy replacement in the secondary but a linebacker? i dont see it happening but who knows?...ill support smitty and ditty with whatever direction they go

GO FALCONS B)

by the time we get to trading for those guys, TD would have drafted players that are good and wont cost us much. and just because Boley doesnt make the probowl/ highlight reels doesnt mean he isnt doing anything. last year when he was playing great, he didnt make the probowl. but he was still playing well. lets wait and see on him.

Actually, we don't really care about saving the Raiders ... just raiding all their talent for cheap! You're right, after all that they'll still suck because they'll still have crazy Al. But this is a really good idea you have here.

I meant save the "Raiders" as in save the players that are Raiders.

Nmandi isn't gonna happen. The raiders plan on offering him the big contract they offered Hall or franchising him. Nmandi in a falcons uni is as much a fantasy as when ppl around here (myself included) were praying we'd trade for Moss a couple years ago.

What makes you think he'd sign. The only way the Raiders can be sure that Aso will stay is if they franchise him again. If they start offering Aso contracts, I'm willing to bet other teams will too. And I'm pretty sure Aso wants out so the only chance the Raiders have in keeping him is tagging him.