All time best wins - worst loses?

windhover

As Falcon fans, we have experienced epic wins and excrutiating loses (unfortunately more of the latter) following our favorite team. This thoroughly enjoyable season of low expections and great suprises has me looking back at the highs and lows of seasons past.

My most enjoyable/exciting wins over the years are the Minnisota NLCS game, the playoff win in Lambeau over Favre, and one that goes way back to the days of Bartkowski when I was living in New Orleans.

While i don't remember the circumstances of the season for either team, we played the Saints at home and on the last play of the game, Bartkowski threw the famous "Big Ben" rainbow pass for the TD to win it as time expired. Exciting enough, but Atl still had to go to NO for the return matchup. All my LA friends were riding me hard about how there was no way the Birds could win at the Superdome and that we were just lucky to win in Atl. A group of us watched the game at a bar, and the Saints fans were rowdy and rude. (I was the only Falcon's fan there.) The game was very close and tense until the final two minutes. Falcons get the ball and try driving down the field, but don't get close. Then on the last down Bartkowski let go another Big Ben rainbow TD for the win. Amazing. I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of the bar.

Another all-time favorite for me was when we finally shellacked the 49ers after years of their dominance against us.

Worst loses - The Superbowl lose to Denver, and another that still rankles. We were playing Dallas in the playoffs, had built a 24 point lead into the fourth quarter, and had knocked out the Cowgirls starting QB (Roger Staubach). Game in hand, right? In comes the backup (Danny White) who proceeds to shred Glanville's prevent defense to win the game. Dallas went on to lose to Philly in the NLC game. Why it still hurts is we had owned Philly that year and had we beaten Dallas, we would prolly have gone to the SB a long time before we did.

What were your best wins and worst loses?

"best wins for me have to be the panthers win back in 04 where vick ran 12 yards up the middle for a score and then the bears game this year."

Yeah, that was a good one too. Living in NC now is a lot like that time in NO. My buddy and i have a standing beer bet. I've been buing too many recently.

Besides the obvious (winning NFC Championship game and losing the Super Bowl)

Beating the Eagles 1978 playoffs Christmas Eve ,down by 13 in 4th quarter Bart hit Mitchell for a score midway through the 4th and with 1:29 remaining #10 hit Wallace Francis with a 40yard+ TD pass to give the Birds a one point lead. Francis actually stumbled backwards 5-7 yards into the end zone. Eagles drove down the field and missed a 37 yard field goal barely in the cold and rain as time ran out. Fans stormed the field me included, it was awesome.

Loss to Dallas playoffs 1980 still sucks.

Best win - 1998 NFC Championship

Worst loss - 1998 Superbowl

Dayum. Lots of good wins, and some bad loses. Yeah Bart to billy was great. And the Chicago game this year was really special. i think I've changed my mind. The best win is the win we get this week. Live in the moment.

There are so many great wins - the '95 Christmas game against 49ers, the win over the Vikes for the Championship, the Chicago 11 seconds, the Big Ben Right, the 83 last second win over the 9ers, the 78 win over the Eagles in the wild-card playoffs, 76 - beating Dallas in the 4th quarter after coming into it with zero points, winning in Lambeau in the playoffs - there are just too many to list, really.

Worst losses: 98 Superbowl loss - can't get worse than that, but there were some other painful losses - the 1980 loss to the Cowboys in the playoffs, the 78 loss for the division to the cowgirls, the loss to NO after Katrina, the humiliation of losing to Carolina with no QB, the loss to the Eagles after winning in Lambeau. Too many to mention as well.

One game I remember when I was a kid. I can't remember who we were playing. Someone help me out with this. It was the late '70s I'm pretty sure, but I think we came back and scored 3 TD's in like the last 3 minutes. For some reason I think we were playing the 49'ers or Rams. I was at the game with mey dad (he had season tix) and I just remember us winning and the crowd going nuts and my dad telling me that no team ever comes back and scores three TD's in the last couple of minutes of a game.

One game I remember when I was a kid. I can't remember who we were playing. Someone help me out with this. It was the late '70s I'm pretty sure, but I think we came back and scored 3 TD's in like the last 3 minutes. For some reason I think we were playing the 49'ers or Rams. I was at the game with mey dad (he had season tix) and I just remember us winning and the crowd going nuts and my dad telling me that no team ever comes back and scores three TD's in the last couple of minutes of a game.

76 - Dallas game I mentioned in my post maybe? We won that 17 - 10. It wasn't 3 touchdowns, but I remember going into the 4th quarter 10 - 0. We scored a field goal, then Mike Esposito ran in a touchdown, then Scott Hunter punched it in from the 1 yard line. We went BESERK! That was in the old stadium too - it was great! Then a few years later, we beat Green Bay by scoring in the final quarter - maybe that's the one - we were trailing that one too with zero points going into the 4th quarter - scored 31 points.

tandy Posted Today, 02:39 PM

There are so many great wins - the '95 Christmas game against 49ers, the win over the Vikes for the Championship, the Chicago 11 seconds, the Big Ben Right, the 83 last second win over the 9ers, the 78 win over the Eagles in the wild-card playoffs, 76 - beating Dallas in the 4th quarter after coming into it with zero points, winning in Lambeau in the playoffs - there are just too many to list, really.

Worst losses: 98 Superbowl loss - can't get worse than that, but there were some other painful losses - the 1980 loss to the Cowboys in the playoffs, the 78 loss for the division to the cowgirls, the loss to NO after Katrina, the humiliation of losing to Carolina with no QB, the loss to the Eagles after winning in Lambeau. Too many to mention as well.

What she said! I think that the 1980 loss to the Cowgirls was the absolute worst for me and the best was the 98 NFCCG