Tech's Michael Johnson is an All-American

EddieK

Tech DE Johnson named to All-America team

By KEN SUGIURA

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Friday, December 05, 2008

Georgia Tech defensive end Michael Johnson has been named to the American Football Coaches Association All-America team.

Johnson, a senior team captain, finished the regular season with 43 tackles, seven sacks and 15 tackles for loss.

He authored some of Tech’s most remarkable plays of the season, including a field-goal block against Mississippi State, a sack and forced fumble of Virginia quarterback Marc Verica and an interception return for a touchdown against Miami quarterback Robert Marve.

Johnson is considered to one of the top prospects for the NFL draft.

congrats to the young man, but with his athletic talent, I would have liked to see better performances. He should be dominating every game. Eugene Monroe handled him easily. Just wouldn't use a high pick on him.

Were you there? I was and that's not really the case. Johnson didn't even get a chance because Verica was moving and taking short drop backs. He was getting the ball out very quickly.

The truth is, our whole DL struggled in that game.

Euguene Monroe handled MJ easily? What? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_tbnh9F9A

That's exactly what I saw... I took it as he was saying Michael wasn't getting sacks or hits on the QB.

MJ was getting pressure all day and making good tackles but Verica was getting the ball out so quickly that by the time MJ got there, it was too late to do anything.