Anyone have a Zune?

Ibis1

I have had one since launch in Nov of 2006. They are highly regarded for their sound quality, much better than any variation of an ipod. I still have the same unit I bought back then and the sound is great out of it. Zune pass is also really cool. 14.95 a month and you can download all the music you want from the zune marketplace instead of 1-2$ per son like itunes.

I bought the 80g version about a year ago I think and I absolutely love it. Sound quality is amazing and the online community is great. Just pay the $14.95/month and download all that your heart desires. But be prepared to have a very small selection of other products that work with the Zune. Everything is made to work with the iPod. Like sound docks, etc. That's the only negative I can think of.

Oh yah, buy yourself a nice pair of headphones. The 80g came with the "nicer" headphones and they are nice, but you can hear the cord moving when you wear them. It's annoying.

Well i picked up the zune 120gb. I like it but am thinking of trading it in for the zune flash 16gb.

SSD's is definitely the way to go. I don't buy HDD's anymore. I got myself 4 128-GB SSD's that I use in my computers. Quiet, can withstand stronger vibration and shock, uses less power than HDD's, reads faster than HDD's, and doesn't emit anywhere as much heat as HDD's.

Even my portable devices either have built in flash storage and/or use removable flash storage. No HDD's anymore.

I bought an RCA video player in in 2003 that had a 20-GB HDD in it. Never again. Portable devices are often dropped.