Richt now dean of SEC coaches..

SacFalcFan

If he doesn't make some changes during the offseason we're doomed to underachieve again...then he's officially on the hotseat. God forbid Saban or Miles would win ANOTHER NC this year in the process...

Exactly. Im sure the Boosters are getting really tired of seeing these other SEC teams, win NT's.

If he doesn't make some changes during the offseason we're doomed to underachieve again...then he's officially on the hotseat. God forbid Saban or Miles would win ANOTHER NC this year in the process...

Sabin, Miles OR Meyer. We really have to come up. So dissapointing this year. No killer instinct to bury anyone, like FLA, it pains me to say.

Guys Guys c'mon now. Richt had nothing to do with losing all but two or three leaders on the team to injuries. I mean yeah it's the usual excuse, but c'mon

You might as well remove that picture of all the fans in the stadium. Im a big DOG fan but that was more like a funeral.

Sabin, Miles OR Meyer. We really have to come up. So dissapointing this year. No killer instinct to bury anyone, like FLA, it pains me to say.

My bad...I meant to say Meyer but...Miles too.

I'm just tired of the excuses that other Dawg fans consistently make..."this was our hiccup year", etc. If you can't look at the talent that was on this team, the way they played, and the level of competition we were up against for the most part this season and see it as a disappointment...God Bless you!

Exactly. Im sure the Boosters are getting really tired of seeing these other SEC teams, win NT's.

Boosters are not very happy with the unachieving year. They love mark richt, but they are very disappointed in this season and what mark richt is saying by no firing martinez is that he is putting his future employment at Georgia in Willie's hands. We have seen that's not a good choice to make. Also with mark richt's handling of how he coaches this team when we are trying to win an NC it screams it's time for a change. I am a big mark richt fan, but you can't play the game that wins are all that matter. I am sorry but you can't. You need to score points and impress in your wins and I don't want to hear the that's all I care about attitude from him. This is a different time in college football. You either play the game the way it is now or you get out of coaching because I am sick and freaking tired of mark richt's attitude that helps this team not have a killer instinct with burying teams when we should.

Boosters are not very happy with the unachieving year. They love mark richt, but they are very disappointed in this season and what mark richt is saying by no firing martinez is that he is putting his future employment at Georgia in Willie's hands. We have seen that's not a good choice to make. Also with mark richt's handling of how he coaches this team when we are trying to win an NC it screams it's time for a change. I am a big mark richt fan, but you can't play the game that wins are all that matter. I am sorry but you can't. You need to score points and impress in your wins and I don't want to hear the that's all I care about attitude from him. This is a different time in college football. You either play the game the way it is now or you get out of coaching because I am sick and freaking tired of mark richt's attitude that helps this team not have a killer instinct with burying teams when we should.

Especially when we see other teams that really don't have much more talent (if at all) continually bury the teams that they're supposed to.

I mean, the last time we really just went out and gave a team a good ol' fashioned *ss whoopin was when? I'm not talking about the Central Michigan's or Georgia Southern's either.

Exactly. If Richt doesnt fire Willie and we dont at least win the SEC in 09, then I think Richt will be on a really hot seat.

I keep getting the feeling that it's just going to be "business as usual" again next year at UGA. I keep waiting for a team to come out as fired up as the fans are. Yet every year I sit here and wonder "what if". I'm getting pretty tired, as I'm sure many fans are, of getting asked to pump up the volume and show out for big games to help win games and influence recruits only to get smacked in the face when UGA comes out flat or barely squeaks by a team they should have steamrolled. It's gets old and when a Head Coach comes out and criticizes a fan base for having high expectations when he's the one who set the high expectations it blows my mind. It's time for Richt to take a long look in the mirror because if he doesn't change his day is coming soon.

Especially when we see other teams that really don't have much more talent (if at all) continually bury the teams that they're supposed to.

I mean, the last time we really just went out and gave a team a good ol' fashioned *ss whoopin was when? I'm not talking about the Central Michigan's or Georgia Southern's either.

When was the last time we just went a dominated a really good team? The Hawaii game does not count.

I keep getting the feeling that it's just going to be "business as usual" again next year at UGA. I keep waiting for a team to come out as fired up as the fans are. Yet every year I sit here and wonder "what if". I'm getting pretty tired, as I'm sure many fans are, of getting asked to pump up the volume and show out for big games to help win games and influence recruits only to get smacked in the face when UGA comes out flat or barely squeaks by a team they should have steamrolled. It's gets old and when a Head Coach comes out and criticizes a fan base for having high expectations when he's the one who set the high expectations it blows my mind. It's time for Richt to take a long look in the mirror because if he doesn't change his day is coming soon.

Exactly. And you know future recruits are starting to raise their eyebrows and wonder why this team constantly underachieves. Richt will start to lose the recruiting battle to Meyer, Saban and Co.

Exactly. If Richt doesnt fire Willie and we dont at least win the SEC in 09, then I think Richt will be on a really hot seat.

If Georgia ever lost Mark Richt it would go down as one of the biggest blunders in UGA history. I am not a Georgia fan but have a lot of respect for him. Richt wouldn't have to worry about being unemployed long because there would be a lot of teams who would love to have him coaching their team.

If Georgia ever lost Mark Richt it would go down as one of the biggest blunders in UGA history. I am not a Georgia fan but have a lot of respect for him. Richt wouldn't have to worry about being unemployed long because there would be a lot of teams who would love to have him coaching their team.

Not that he's on the level of the guy I'm about to mention...but some (not a lot) of folks thought the same thing when we got rid of Donnan. Of course Donnan could never beat ANY of the rivals consistently...but things have started to change in Athens and while I'm not an "all is lost" type Georgia fan...I'm not gonna sugarcoat it either. If Richt doesn't change some things...and it appears he's not going to....this team will continue to disappoint. Other teams are starting to head back in the right direction other than Florida, LSU, etc. If continues with this "things are fine" attitude he'll start losing a lot more.