WHAT?! FALCONS ARE PRETENDERS?!

marcVA

This writer must be a crack baby!!

Record: 8-4

They are 8-4 and – with a wonder boy quarterback, a jet-propelled bowling ball-playing running back and a feel-good story for the ages – you’d love to see them get to Tampa. But they can’t. Look, as good as Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and that playmaking defense is, the NFL playoffs isn’t a place for novices. Half the players on this team still have the tags on them they’re so new. Next year, OK?

Verdict: Pretenders

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28024465/?pg..._NFL_contenders

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that "NFL playoffs isn't for novices" crap.

Kurt Warner was a novice when he beat the Titans. Tom Brady was a novice when he beat the Rams. Jake Delhomme was a novice when he took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Ben Roethlisberger was a novice when he beat the Seahawks.

Yesterday on First Take, Skip Bayless and Rob Parker said the Vikings should win 3 of their next 4 games because the Giants would rest players in week 17. Their "tough" game that they would lose would be against the Cardinals :lol:

Those experts make me laugh.

According to that guy the only NFC contenders are The Giants and Cowboys. Big shock a another NFC East lover :rolleyes: Funny when two weeks from now the cowboys will be out of the playoff picture.

Yeah. It's so amazing how the Cowgirls beat up on the 49ers and Seahawks, who have won a grand total of 5 games this year, and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon. I even heard one of them guarantee a Cowgirls win in Pittsburgh this week. LMAO! The Steelers are gonna slap them like beetches they are. :lol:

I don't believe that "NFL playoffs isn't for novices" crap.

Kurt Warner was a novice when he beat the Titans. Tom Brady was a novice when he beat the Rams. Jake Delhomme was a novice when he took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Ben Roethlisberger was a novice when he beat the Seahawks.

Yesterday on First Take, Skip Bayless and Rob Parker said the Vikings should win 3 of their next 4 games because the Giants would rest players in week 17. Their "tough" game that they would lose would be against the Cardinals :lol:

Those experts make me laugh.

good points!

They are 8-4 and – with a wonder boy quarterback, a jet-propelled bowling ball-playing running back and a feel-good story for the ages – you’d love to see them get to Tampa. But they can’t. Look, as good as Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and that playmaking defense is, the NFL playoffs isn’t a place for novices. Half the players on this team still have the tags on them they’re so new. Next year, OK?

Aren't you use to this by now?

i love it.....they are definately right.......pretend pretend pretend......yep

and a 1-15 season

and we can't beat anyone with a winning record......

etc.................keep it coming

It's all an illusion. Until you look up at the scoreboard and the Falcons have won yet again in convincing fashion...

Don't feel bad the only ones he has as contenders are Dallas and the Giants. (I don't even think he realizes that if the playoffs started now Dallas would be out and we'd be in )