Even more Matt Ryan MVP talk

Graham (Kentucky): Who do you vote for in the MVP races?

SportsNation Keith Kidd: (1:20 PM ET ) To me, the guy that's been the most valuable player to his team right now, believe it or not, is Matt Ryan. I'm not saying he's the MVP, but I'm saying he's the MVP to his team.

There has been a lot of Ryan/MVP talk this week from the experts, and I believe it has a chance to snowball into a legit MVP candidacy if Matt can put together a strong finish. It seems like the talk began as a sort of "look how out of the box I'm thinking on my MVP pick," but the more people mention it, the less audacious it will seem to voters.

Off the top of my head mentions of Ryan for MVP:

Peter King

Merrill Hoge

Pat Yasinskas

Bill Simmons

Keith Kidd

Football Outsiders

Pete Prisco

Any others?

Think about it logically.

Honestly, who else is more deserving of the award?

Kurt Warner? That is probably the only person I would say legitimately could contest Matt for it.

But even so, the Cardinals are a product of a garbage decision and the Falcons STILL have a better record than them. If you look around the league for other possible candidates, I just don't see anyone that is truly more deserving of Ryan.

9/13 games he's had a 60% completion or more. He is efficient and smart with the ball. He's only thrown 6 picks to Warner's 11 (Granted Warner has 11 more TDs) but Warner also throws the ball much more than Matty does.

Since the Tampa game he's only thrown 4 picks, 2 of which came in the same game. (Eagles)

He is honestly the MOST VALUABLE player to his team this season. Warner and Ryan down the stretch... lets see who takes it, IMO.

matt ryan isnt gona win mvp, but he will win rookie of the year

I didn't really start this as a "will he win MVP or won't he." I was pointing out the psychology of media driven awards voting. But if you think Ryan doesn't have a chance at winning the MVP. just watch the hype if he has two more good games, and we beat the Saints and Bucs.

I didn't really start this as a "will he win MVP or won't he." I was pointing out the psychology of media driven awards voting. But if you think Ryan doesn't have a chance at winning the MVP. just watch the hype if he has two more good games, and we beat the Saints and Bucs.

If we win out...

I have no reason to believe he won't be the MVP. Especially if the Cards struggle.