Panthers having a "blackout"

bossFALCON™

Quick Update on the whole blackout deal. I e-mailed the Panthers a couple of weeks ago asking them about a blackout. I finally got a reply from them saying that this game was "one of the most important games of the season and we hope that everyone wears black to show their Panther pride. We are making a greater effort in the advertisement of the 'Wear Your Panthers Pride' campaign, which started in 2006, for the big game coming up. We urge all fans to wear black for this upcoming game, be loud, and be proud so we can continue to enjoy the success of the team at home this season."

This came from:

Kyle Ritchie

Director of Entertainment & PantherVision

Carolina Panthers

800 South Mint Street

Charlotte, NC

:rolleyes:

I thought you meant a TV black out. I was thinkin man this team will end up in Oklahoma somewhere.

Can Charlotte sustain an NFL franchise? They lost the Hornets and that's a basketball state.

They are getting pulled from Falcon, Redskin and Jacksonville markets.

What's their attendance and revenues like? Any Panties lurking on the board that can answer this?

I thought you meant a TV black out. I was thinkin man this team will end up in Oklahoma somewhere.

Can Charlotte sustain an NFL franchise? They lost the Hornets and that's a basketball state.

They are getting pulled from Falcon, Redskin and Jacksonville markets.

What's their attendance and revenues like? Any Panties lurking on the board that can answer this?

Not a Pantie fan, but I can answer this. The Panties are a sell out or near sell out every week. They require you to buy a pricey PSL license for the right to buy tickets first and you are required to buy season tickets every year or lose your PSL. That explains why sometimes they have a sell out, but a stadium that is 80% full (cold and rainy, near empty). It also explains why they have such a wine and cheese atomosphere at BOA stadium.

As for basketball, the ACC is king here and no one except Bob Johnson wanted the Bobcats here. The town fell out of love with the Hornets when all the dirt on George Shinn came out. People forget that NASCAR is HUGE in the Charlotte area, so that coupled with the NFL stretches the sports buck around here pretty thin which would also explain why the NBA flounders here.

Not a Pantie fan, but I can answer this. The Panties are a sell out or near sell out every week. They require you to buy a pricey PSL license for the right to buy tickets first and you are required to buy season tickets every year or lose your PSL. That explains why sometimes they have a sell out, but a stadium that is 80% full (cold and rainy, near empty). It also explains why they have such a wine and cheese atomosphere at BOA stadium.

As for basketball, the ACC is king here and no one except Bob Johnson wanted the Bobcats here. The town fell out of love with the Hornets when all the dirt on George Shinn came out. People forget that NASCAR is HUGE in the Charlotte area, so that coupled with the NFL stretches the sports buck around here pretty thin which would also explain why the NBA flounders here.

I recently lived in Charlotte for a seven year period and I can expand on this: the PSL owners (who really are mostly white collar, wine and cheese types) are also bad about selling their tickets to visiting fans. That is why media pundits on talk radio in the Charlotte area complain about how BOA stadium is not always like a home field. Fans typically complain about being told to sit down and be quiet in that stadium, too.