There is no way the Falcons should win Sunday

ThunderCookie

Forget stats and win percentages. People forget that emotion can propel even the weakest team to victory. (No I am not calling NO weak.)

In theory, there is no way the Falcons should walk out of the Super Dome victorious, and here is why:

1. It is the Super Dome. Since it reopened after Katrina, being crazy has become a Super Dome signature. This will be by far the loudest, most hostile enviroment the Falcons have played in all season.

2. Home Cooking. I will let the cool kids claim the refs are impartial, but we have seen it too many times this year. NO will make San Diego look like a Falcon love fest.

3. Saints are coming off a loss. The Saints (like every other team in this hardcore division) don't take losses lightly. This will bring their A game.

4. Revenge. Just like the Falcons vs. Panthers, the Saints were stung by the loss and will want revenge. This means they go from their A game to their A+ game.

5. Desperation. While the entire world sees them as eliminated, I am sure the Saints see this as a last gasp to salvage the season. This game alone will decide which path their season takes. This goes from A+ to A++.

Now, if the Falcons do somehow walk out with a win, then it proves two things. The Falcons are better than we think they are, and the Saints are worse than we think they are.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget stats and win percentages. People forget that emotion can propel even the weakest team to victory. (No I am not calling NO weak.)

In theory, there is no way the Falcons should walk out of the Super Dome victorious, and here is why:

1. It is the Super Dome. Since it reopened after Katrina, being crazy has become a Super Dome signature. This will be by far the loudest, most hostile enviroment the Falcons have played in all season.

2. Home Cooking. I will let the cool kids claim the refs are impartial, but we have seen it too many times this year. NO will make San Diego look like a Falcon love fest.

3. Saints are coming off a loss. The Saints (like every other team in this hardcore division) don't take losses lightly. This will bring their A game.

4. Revenge. Just like the Falcons vs. Panthers, the Saints were stung by the loss and will want revenge. This means they go from their A game to their A+ game.

5. Desperation. While the entire world sees them as eliminated, I am sure the Saints see this as a last gasp to salvage the season. This game alone will decide which path their season takes. This goes from A+ to A++.

Now, if the Falcons do somehow walk out with a win, then it proves two things. The Falcons are better than we think they are, and the Saints are worse than we think they are.

Listen we're the underdog Sunday but, we're the better team and we will win. If we don't then the Falcons may not be ready for the next level...I seriously doubt we're willing to concede and hand Dallas a playoff spot at this point?

Listen we're the underdog Sunday but, we're the better team and we will win. If we don't then the Falcons may not be ready for the next level...I seriously doubt we're willing to concede and hand Dallas a playoff spot at this point?

I absolutely agree, but the deck may already be stacked. I will say this: If we win Sunday, then there is no limit to what we can do.

everyone is underestimating the saints.

what are we playing for? sure we're still alive, but lets be realistic the saints aren't going to the postseason. the defense has stepped up bigtime the past 2 weeks, starting with the second half of the gb game. gary gibbs is probably feeling the pressure, and we have a much much better pass rush than we did last time we saw yall. according to sean payton, we have new run plays being installed so we will be much more balanced, we're undefeated this season when we are balanced.

in the dome, saints playing as the spoiler, saints are backed up to a wall, and they'll be ready to play after what happened in the georgia dome. plus it's the falcons, what more could you ask for?

what are we playing for? sure we're still alive, but lets be realistic the saints aren't going to the postseason. the defense has stepped up bigtime the past 2 weeks, starting with the second half of the gb game. gary gibbs is probably feeling the pressure, and we have a much much better pass rush than we did last time we saw yall. according to sean payton, we have new run plays being installed so we will be much more balanced, we're undefeated this season when we are balanced.

in the dome, saints playing as the spoiler, saints are backed up to a wall, and they'll be ready to play after what happened in the georgia dome. plus it's the falcons, what more could you ask for?

In all honesty, you didn't sack Ryan the last time we played and that was without our LT Baker in the lineup who should be back, so we're not worried about your rush. The only true hope you have is if you can legitimately stop Turner...I don't mean the 96 yards and 1TDs he had against you , I mean stop him cold! Even that is not a given...Ryan could just take over anyways!

Got five bucks?

Well, with the season the Saints have had so far,(injuries, distractions,etc), there certainly is "a way"

the dirtybirds could bring the broom.

But I tell U what, if I were to offer Sean Payton a clue as to "how to make the best of a possible

non playoff appearance," JUST BEAT THE DIRTYBIRDS!

Make the fans feel good.

League's sleeper stepchild vs. League's current feel good story. ^_^

No one is underestimating you guys. The Falcons just have a more balanced team. You guys are trying to add balance this late in the season...that's just not good. So, we all know it's going to be a dog fight. If any Falcon fan tells you other wise then they're just being a homer. But our teams are at a cross roads and the outcome of the game will show us who we think they are.

So, with that being said, I hope we beat that $%^ like no tomorrow...GO FALCONS!!!!!

No one is underestimating you guys. The Falcons just have a more balanced team. You guys are trying to add balance this late in the season...that's just not good. So, we all know it's going to be a dog fight. If any Falcon fan tells you other wise then they're just being a homer. But our teams are at a cross roads and the outcome of the game will show us who we think they are.

So, with that being said, I hope we beat that $%^ like no tomorrow...GO FALCONS!!!!!

I can understand why Payton has been hesitant on "tinkering with the #1 offense in the league."

I know I would be, balanced offense or not.

I can understand why Payton has been hesitant on "tinkering with the #1 offense in the league."

I know I would be, balanced offense or not.

What good is a #1 offense when you can't get to the post season because of a weak running game. I would trade that #1 status in for a smash mouth running game any day.

1. It is the Super Dome. Since it reopened after Katrina, being crazy has become a Super Dome signature. This will be by far the loudest, most hostile enviroment the Falcons have played in all season. Hard to say what the atmosphere will be line in the dome sunday. It could go either way. People are most certainly depressed after last weeks choke job in tampa. I guess since its the falcons it will be loud. We must get off to a good start though. God forbid the falcons are winning comfortably in the fourth and only the falcon fans are left to party it up.

2. Home Cooking. I will let the cool kids claim the refs are impartial, but we have seen it too many times this year. NO will make San Diego look like a Falcon love fest. PLEASE!!

I hope this is true.

4. Revenge. Just like the Falcons vs. Panthers, the Saints were stung by the loss and will want revenge. This means they go from their A game to their A+ game. see three

5. Desperation. While the entire world sees them as eliminated, I am sure the Saints see this as a last gasp to salvage the season. This game alone will decide which path their season takes. This goes from A+ to A++. I think three covered four and five. :P

dude half of this doesnt make sense. emotion u tthink the saints will have more emotion then a team thats in a playoff push looking to prove there self? please. u think that 4 losses in a row to the saints and the one win that we had has clinched the falcons thirst for blood? if emotion has anything to do with it then we will win. because we have just as much emotion as they do and we are the better team

the revenge point back fires on you too because this WE ARE THE ONES WANTING REVENGE FOR THAT MONDAY NIGHTER IN THERE DOME IN 2006 WE STILL HAVENT GOTTEN OVER THAT!