i know it's not Falcons.....

wartownfalcon

We'll take a quick break from our assembling of a needs list this morning to talk about the Buffalo Bills' agreement to play football in Toronto. The Buffalo News is reporting that no specifics to the deal have yet been announced, the deal is a 5-year pact calling for one regular season game, and three pre-season games total, to be played in Canada.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm all for this move. Due to giant new stadiums - and along with those stadiums the increased sale of luxury boxes - the NFL's larger-market teams are increasingly playing with more revenue than the Bills. With salary caps rising dramatically in today's NFL economy, exporting a few games to Toronto may just keep the Bills viable and competitive in said NFL market. Said team owner Ralph Wilson:

"When I was making the presentation to the owners, I said, `I'm tired of standing on a street corner with a tin cup asking you guys to support us.'"

According to the News article, the Bills estimate that they average about 10,000 Canadian fans at home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium. This move is a way to give back to those die-hard fans, while at the same time tapping into the business potential of a Toronto market that is aching to spend some money on football. This is, by and large, a great move for the organization. I have just one teensy, tiny problem...