This Apartment in Which I Live Has Too Much Infiltration

womfalcs3

I can't believe I'm living in this dump. Only 1.5 more years and I'm out!

There's practically no insulation. Heat loss due to infiltration is ridiculous. Not only does the heater have to run for longer time periods, but I would also have to set the controller to a higher mean temperature just to compensate for that heat loss (I won't due to resource use and extra costs.). The areas around the door and windows are so cold. Plus the flooring is made of a hard material, unlike carpet which would improve the situation a bit.

Living in a university residence sucks. The only campus apartments that have good HVAC are those where I have to share the place with at least 3 other people. I don't want to do that.

There's practically no insulation. Heat loss due to infiltration is ridiculous. Not only does the heater have to run for longer time periods, but I would also have to set the controller to a higher mean temperature just to compensate for that heat loss (I won't due to resource use and extra costs.). The areas around the door and windows are so cold. Plus the flooring is made of a hard material, unlike carpet which would improve the situation a bit.

Living in a university residence sucks. The only campus apartments that have good HVAC are those where I have to share the place with at least 3 other people. I don't want to do that.

i live in university apartments, with 3 other people, and i love it. my roomies are awesome, and we drink all the time together. liqour pong FTW

i live in university apartments, with 3 other people, and i love it. my roomies are awesome, and we drink all the time together. liqour pong FTW

I don't feel comfortable being thrown in a place with people I don't know. There are three university apartment complexes, and out of the two in which I can live alone, I was forced to live in the place I described because the other had a waiting list.

I can see why this didn't. Expensive, but I guess the costs go into the good security and good extracurricular activities they do, because the money surely isn't going towards bills or the apartments themselves. I have to pay my own bills on top of that.

I don't feel comfortable being thrown in a place with people I don't know. There are three university apartment complexes, and out of the two in which I can live alone, I was forced to live in the place I described because the other had a waiting list.

I can see why this didn't. Expensive, but I guess the costs go into the good security and good extracurricular activities they do, because the money surely isn't going towards bills or the apartments themselves. I have to pay my own bills on top of that.

your not a people person are you?? i wouldnt want to be a loner and live by myself. how are you suppose to meet people. ive become friends with most of my roomies, which is cool. we all hang drink and chill together. i wouldnt trade my place for another place, and its cheaper. you prolly need to open up more. it really aint that bad. just make rules and everything will be fine.

your not a people person are you?? i wouldnt want to be a loner and live by myself. how are you suppose to meet people. ive become friends with most of my roomies, which is cool. we all hang drink and chill together. i wouldnt trade my place for another place, and its cheaper. you prolly need to open up more. it really aint that bad. just make rules and everything will be fine.

I'm not an open person usually, but I'm not a loner either. I just like to live with people I've come to know beforehand or by myself. It's cool that it worked out for you.

I have my circle of friends where I behave in a way where I don't care what's going on (often times foolishly), and with those I don't know, I don't interact much. Just the basics.

I'm not an open person usually, but I'm not a loner either. I just like to live with people I've come to know beforehand or by myself. It's cool that it worked out for you.

I have my circle of friends where I behave in a way where I don't care what's going on (often times foolishly), and with those I don't know, I don't interact much. Just the basics.

im the same, i dont like the idea of living with people i dont know either, and i want to go to university next year and its making my decision on universites to go to very hard to make

you got t understand that if you dont want to see them, then you wont need to. i almost never see one of my roommates, since he is like yall. he has his circles. but i look at it like this. they are gonna be open also, since they dont know what to expect, and no1 wants to have problems. got to make come sacrifices.

im the same, i dont like the idea of living with people i dont know either, and i want to go to university next year and its making my decision on universites to go to very hard to make

dont worry about it. just come in with a open mind, and you will prolly have a good time. most of the time you have 3 types of roomies. open roomies, loner roomies, or roomies that are never there.

you got t understand that if you dont want to see them, then you wont need to. i almost never see one of my roommates, since he is like yall. he has his circles. but i look at it like this. they are gonna be open also, since they dont know what to expect, and no1 wants to have problems. got to make come sacrifices.

dont worry about it. just come in with a open mind, and you will prolly have a good time. most of the time you have 3 types of roomies. open roomies, loner roomies, or roomies that are never there.

:lol: I had a roommate once who would be classified under that third category you posted. You had people asking for him often and you never could respond specifically.

Funny type.

The only reason I wouldn't want to live on res is because I know I would never get anything done. I'm already a horrible loaft and if I was on res 24/7 it would be a miracle if I could pass all my classes. The one good thing would be that I would make it to class more often. 6 am missions to get to school just don't work for me. Living on res would save me hours in travel time.

Shared body heat is the best way to stay warm. Really, that's in most survival books.

Just make sure the person you are sharing with is cute and dosent have bad breath!

:lol: I had a roommate once who would be classified under that third category you posted. You had people asking for him often and you never could respond specifically.

Funny type.

I remember when I went to LSU, there was this dude living in the dorm room next to me that we called Hands because he had OCD and always was washing his hands (to the point that his hands were raw). Me and my friends would be sitting in the lobby watching MTV (back when they actually had music on) and this guy would come in every day with his cafeteria meal, set it down at the table, walk past 15 people watching MTV, change it to Dr. Who, and then go wash his hands. He would come back, eat half his meal, then go wash his hands again. After he finished his meal, he would wash his hands a third time. Plus he talked to his bites of food before he ate it.

We used to wonder about how his parents must feel about this behavior and I got the answer one day when they came for a visit. I went to the bathroom, opened the door, and found father and son side by side washing their hands. I was so disturbed I forgot all about using the bathroom, went back to bed, and stayed there until the bars opened up.

I remember when I went to LSU, there was this dude living in the dorm room next to me that we called Hands because he had OCD and always was washing his hands (to the point that his hands were raw). Me and my friends would be sitting in the lobby watching MTV (back when they actually had music on) and this guy would come in every day with his cafeteria meal, set it down at the table, walk past 15 people watching MTV, change it to Dr. Who, and then go wash his hands. He would come back, eat half his meal, then go wash his hands again. After he finished his meal, he would wash his hands a third time. Plus he talked to his bites of food before he ate it.

We used to wonder about how his parents must feel about this behavior and I got the answer one day when they came for a visit. I went to the bathroom, opened the door, and found father and son side by side washing their hands. I was so disturbed I forgot all about using the bathroom, went back to bed, and stayed there until the bars opened up.

:lol: