For all you guys that wanted Tampa to win this Sunday

ATLfanatic

I just did my scenario generator on Yahoo with tampa winning this sunday and having them finish 12-4 with us. Even with Carolina losing out (who they swept), New Orleans winning out after losing Sunday (who we swept), AND Seattle losing out (who they beat) and St. Louis winning out until they face us (who we'll beat), Tampa still takes the division title. There is no scenario where we both finish 12-4 and we win division if Tampa wins Sunday. here's the link:

12-4 tied with Tampa

However, if Carolina Beats Tampa and we finish 12-4 with them (which is likely they lose 1 more game), we take the division. Here's that link:

12-4 tied with Carolina

So as much as I hate the Panthers and the Bucs, the Panthers have to win this Sunday if we have a chance at the division because I don't see Tampa losing to Oakland and San Diego

If Carolina loses, then we have a better shot at the playoffs because their schedule is tougher and could lose 2-3 games.

I'm aware of that, but people in Atlanta and myself are thinking bigger than that. If we get the wildcard I'll still be happy and rather play @Arizona than @Minnesota (Williams brothers will be back) @Chicago or @Green Bay(too cold)

I'm aware of that, but people in Atlanta and myself are thinking bigger than that. If we get the wildcard I'll still be happy and rather play @Arizona than @Minnesota (Williams brothers will be back) @Chicago or @Green Bay(too cold)

true, but if we win our division that would mean we would be playing at home for our divisional game. that means, the only away game we would have to play would be the NFC championship game which more than likely will be in new york.

winning our division gives us a home playoff game which would be amazing.

I agree. Tampa needs to win. If Carolina wins then we would need help from someone else to win the division but if Tampa wins then we would hold our own destiny in our hands. It still could end up a three way tie but we would at least be in the mix. I do think we win out.

If tampa wins, it is not in our own hands. They would take the tie break. If Carolina wins, it is in our own hands cause we hold the tie break.

I agree. Tampa needs to win. If Carolina wins then we would need help from someone else to win the division but if Tampa wins then we would hold our own destiny in our hands. It still could end up a three way tie but we would at least be in the mix. I do think we win out.

look at the link again. as I stated earlier in another post, we don't control our own destiny for the division title regardless who wins Sunday, but we have a better chance at it if Carolina wins because if we finish 12-4 with them, we hold the conference record tiebreaker and they are likely to lose to the Giants or Saints on the road; there's no way they sweep them back to back.

We want Tampa to win to help our wild card chances, not our divisional chances. Really, we don't have much of a chance at the division..wild card is our ticket in..and a Tampa Bay win this week helps that. If Panthers lose they very well could miss the playoffs entirely, leaving us and either the Cowboys or Redskins as the two wild cards.

Tampa's remaining schedule is cake so I see them winning the division, period. We want them to beat up the Panthers so that the possibility of the Panthers going 10-6 or lower can pan out.

Panthers remaining schedule isn't that easy. If they lose this week, they'd be 9-4 and the last 3 games would be:

Denver Broncos

@ New York Giants

@ New Orlean Saints

They could easily lose 2 of the 3, ending with a 10-6 record..and if we tie them at 10-6, we would hold the tiebreaker.

The only thing a Panther win would do is strengthen the Panthers stranglehold on a wild card spot while not really weakening the Bucs much at all. Bucs would still win the division IMO..rest of their schedule is cake and they own all the tiebreakers.

Better to assume Bucs get in and hope Bucs can beat up on some of our other wildcard competitors (like the Panthers)>

If Carolina loses, then we have a better shot at the playoffs because their schedule is tougher and could lose 2-3 games.

Yes in a wildcard race. If Tampa looses to Carolina and to us we can win the divison, which means at least one playoff game in the DOME!

We want Tampa to win to help our wild card chances, not our divisional chances. Really, we don't have much of a chance at the division..

Seriously, if Carolina beats the Bus and we beat the Bucs and Carolina drops one game (which they will) we win the division, and probably a first round bye and homefield for at least one game. It's not a stretch at all. Please try to be positive. How can people look at what we have done and not be positive?

look at the link again. as I stated earlier in another post, we don't control our own destiny for the division title regardless who wins Sunday, but we have a better chance at it if Carolina wins because if we finish 12-4 with them, we hold the conference record tiebreaker and they are likely to lose to the Giants or Saints on the road; there's no way they sweep them back to back.

If Carolina loses against Tampa, then it's more likely we end the season with a better record than them. Carolina has a hard schedule in front of them, and they aren't that great of a team. They have had a few games of recent that has shown how weak they really are. I'm looking at the playoffs in a way where we have the highest percentage to get a slot, and Carolina losing does that. And if the Redskins lose as well, we will be sitting pretty.

I just did my scenario generator on Yahoo with tampa winning this sunday and having them finish 12-4 with us. Even with Carolina losing out (who they swept), New Orleans winning out after losing Sunday (who we swept), AND Seattle losing out (who they beat) and St. Louis winning out until they face us (who we'll beat), Tampa still takes the division title. There is no scenario where we both finish 12-4 and we win division if Tampa wins Sunday. here's the link:

12-4 tied with Tampa

However, if Carolina Beats Tampa and we finish 12-4 with them (which is likely they lose 1 more game), we take the division. Here's that link:

12-4 tied with Carolina

So as much as I hate the Panthers and the Bucs, the Panthers have to win this Sunday if we have a chance at the division because I don't see Tampa losing to Oakland and San Diego

Dude your thread is an epic failure! <_< Who cares who wins untill 4:15pm sunday! We have to win this game before any of that stuff even matters, so stop with all the stupid math cases and just root for our team come sunday. F the bucs and F the pathers. We got the saints to worry about right now. I will talk about this all sunday night baby, but not till then. that goes for eveyone! focus on one game at a time. thats how you get to the end. GO FALCONS! :lol:

I really don't care who wins in other games ... as long as we win, everything else will take care of itself.

We might make the playoffs with 2 wins (if Dallas doesn't win 3 of of @PIT, vs Giants, vs BAL, @PHI) ... with 3 wins we're (pretty much) on the save side, but to get 3 wins will be hard.

If Carolina loses against Tampa, then it's more likely we end the season with a better record than them. Carolina has a hard schedule in front of them, and they aren't that great of a team. They have had a few games of recent that has shown how weak they really are. I'm looking at the playoffs in a way where we have the highest percentage to get a slot, and Carolina losing does that. And if the Redskins lose as well, we will be sitting pretty.

I see why you want Tampa to win for wildcard purposes, my point is that regardless if Carolina wins or loses this Sunday, I feel we are going to finish with a better record than them anyway; I see them going 11-5 or 10-6. Saying that, Tampa is the better team than Carolina, thats why i want Carolina to win so Tampa will finish 11-5 after we beat them next week.

Here's the thing,

Atlanta 11-5, 4-2 in division

Tampa Bay 11-5, 3-3 in division

Carolina 11-5, 3-3 in division

Win the next 2 games against NO and TB and TB loses to CAR this Sunday and NO beat CAR (i.e. all home teams win except for NO against us), we win division outright with better division record

Dude your thread is an epic failure! <_< Who cares who wins untill 4:15pm sunday! We have to win this game before any of that stuff even matters, so stop with all the stupid math cases and just root for our team come sunday. F the bucs and F the pathers. We got the saints to worry about right now. I will talk about this all sunday night baby, but not till then. that goes for eveyone! focus on one game at a time. thats how you get to the end. GO FALCONS! :lol:

Don't you think I care about the game this Sunday? Obviously if the Falcons finish 12-4 is because they won all their remaining games, including this Sunday. I'm just going beyond that and as a fan, I do have the right. If I was in the Falcons' locker room, of course my only focus would be on New Orleans

Problem is if Carolina plays Denver and NY after they have already won their respective division (which will probably be the case) I can't see those teams risking their first team for a somewhat meaningless game. Unfortunately Carolina has the best chances to win the South solely due to lucky schedule timing. Falcons will play hard and be ready for whomever is in our path during the playoffs.