The "City Slickers" Effect

BankerBird™

I really like this exchange from the movie 'City Slickers':

Curly: "Do you know what the secret of life is?" [holds up his right index finger] "This."

Mitch: "Your finger?"

Curly: "One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don't mean s***."

Mitch: "But, what's the "one thing?""

Curly: "That's what you have to find out."

As I see it, the "one thing" that's the key to the Falcons beating the Saints is the D-line getting and keeping pressure on Drew Brees for four quarters. This, to me, is the ONE thing - the ONE non-negotiable - that the Falcons absolutely MUST accomplish. It's no different than what the Giants' "one thing" was in last year's Super Bowl against the then undefeated Patriots: Get to Tom Brady!

Our D-line has to go into this game with this one thing on their mind: Get to Brees! Stick to that, and the rest don't mean s***!

GO, FALCONS!

Curly: "Do you know what the secret of life is?" [holds up his right index finger] "This."

Curly: "One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don't mean s***."

As I see it, the "one thing" that's the key to the Falcons beating the Saints is the D-line getting and keeping pressure on Drew Brees for four quarters. This, to me, is the ONE thing - the ONE non-negotiable - that the Falcons absolutely MUST accomplish. It's no different than what the Giants' "one thing" was in last year's Super Bowl against the then undefeated Patriots: Get to Tom Brady!

Our D-line has to go into this game with this one thing on their mind: Get to Brees! Stick to that, and the rest don't mean s***!

GO, FALCONS!

Great idea! However, shouldn't they use the middle finger? They are Dirty Birds, after all.

the only thing is drew has a bail out now with reggie bush. we have to get to him with just our front 4 because when teams focus on blitzing brees like we did in the first game. is when he hits those little dinks and dunks to reggie bush that end up going for 20 yards because linebackers are in the back field.

drew brees and the saints are 7-17 agianst winning teams since 2006, there the jim mora jr team all over agian.

the saints should be more worried about ryan and turner and white, then we are that not so clutch qb they call brees?

0-18 after trailing after 3 quarters? why is everyone so scared of this team. <_<

GO, FALCONS!

Great post, I wouldn't have thought of using that one. You're right though, if Brees has time to sit back there he'll be able to pick us apart. The man is having an "out of this world" kind of year. Let's hope the JA's, Grady, & Babs can get to him quickly and often.

Of course, if we run our typical game plan and keep the offense on the field for several 5+ minute drives he won't have much of an opportunity to do anything against us. Here's to a great all around game and let's play Falcons football...run the clock and score!!!

GO, FALCONS!

great post.........but why wasnt bruno kirby in the sequel????

Great idea! However, shouldn't they use the middle finger? They are Dirty Birds, after all.

I get the tongue-in-cheek humor, but we've already had one player throw up the middle finger and we all know how well that went over. As I see it, the Falcons being 8-4 right now is tantamount to throwing up the middle finger to all those so-called "experts" who picked us to not win more than one or two games the entire season. ;)