Sam Baker

AtlFalc78

On AF Homepage there is a link to look at the new depth chart. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but did anyone notice if Sam Baker was listed as a backup while he was injured?

He is now listed as 1st string. Does that mean he is definitely back for the Saints game?

Well I am not 100% on this, but I believe someone said that the players don't get moved down the depth chart when they are injured. I am pretty sure I read that here on the site, and it might have even been said by Mike Smith. But again, I am not 100% sure. So don't read too much into that depth chart about Baker playing in NO. I know there is a "chance" he might play - whatever that means.

Well I am not 100% on this, but I believe someone said that the players don't get moved down the depth chart when they are injured. I am pretty sure I read that here on the site, and it might have even been said by Mike Smith. But again, I am not 100% sure. So don't read too much into that depth chart about Baker playing in NO. I know there is a "chance" he might play - whatever that means.

You are correct. Team policy is to not move players around simply because of injury. Some teams denote this on the depth chart but we choose not to. Sam is still listed as the starting left tackle and we make a change on press box info each week.

Yeah J. Mike said that. He's still the starter even though he's injured - that he's not actually starting individual games during that stretch is irrelevant.

I hope he plays against NO. But really, I'm not sure if Weiner is getting enough credit. No sacks, and a pretty solid run game in our last 4 outings. All that on his bum knee, I've been impressed.

Weiner is an unsung hero for this team.

I am sure his team mates know what he is contributing.

Being able to wheel out that old war horse really kept the left side from crumbling when Sam went down.

I hope all the youngsters on the OL are watching and taking notes.

Well this is one coaching staff that has shown outstanding sensitivity about player's health. Just look at how they have limited Abraham's snaps to keep him healthy all season. I know we all want Baker to be 100% healthy rather than rush back, but I have a ton of confidence in this coaching and medical staff not to play him before he is ready.

Great point about Weiner. Man we have kind of overlooked the incredible job he had done. He was a little rusty that first game back, but since then he has been outstanding. He too is coming off an injury, so let's give that guy some props for showing us a very professional effort.

I hope he plays against NO. But really, I'm not sure if Weiner is getting enough credit. No sacks, and a pretty solid run game in our last 4 outings. All that on his bum knee, I've been impressed.

I agree that Weiner has done a pretty good job of filling in for Baker. I think that is the reason why the team is taking every precaution to ensure that Baker is truly ready to go before they play him. It feels good when your backup can come in and perform just as well as the starter.