Power Rankings

Point_Blank

The ESPN one bothers me a bit. I think that most of these "experts" just don't want to believe that we are the real deal. They keep expecting last year's Falcons to show up or something. Still its better than when they were saying we would be the worst team in the league. Seriously, even before the first preseason game I knew we would be better than the freakin' Lions. Geez.

Intresting trend read

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/rankings/ATL

Feels nice to prove the "experts" wrong.

POWER RANKINGS

Power Rankings

Date Ranking Previous

12/02/2008 8 10

If they can get to 10 wins, they will likely be a playoff team. That would be amazing.

11/25/2008 10 13

Can you believe we're heading to the last week of November and they're a division contender? Mike Smith, coach of the year?

11/18/2008 13 10

They have a chance to bounce back in a big way from that loss to the Broncos by beating the Panthers this week. If they don't, they will be traveling the wild-card route at best.

11/11/2008 10 12

Matt Ryan isn't playing like a rookie, that's for sure. But the most impressive thing is how well the defense is playing. Brian VanGorder is doing a nice job with that unit.

11/04/2008 12 14

They have their first big division game at home in a couple of years when the Saints come to town. They win that and they really will be a playoff contender.

10/28/2008 14 12

At 4-3, they've been in every game in the fourth quarter. That's a good sign. I still think they're overachievers.

10/21/2008 12 13

At 4-2, they are the first-half stunner. The schedule gets tougher in the coming weeks off of their bye.

10/14/2008 13 16

Let's slow down on the playoff talk. This is still a young team. They head to the bye feeling pretty good, but the schedule gets tough after that. By mid-November, we'll know where they are.

10/07/2008 16 23

Who thought they would be 3-2 after five games? They've been competitive the entire season. Matt Ryan is growing up each week.

09/30/2008 23 19

After the first month they're 2-2. They'll take it. They do need to run it better than they did last Sunday -- or else.

Why is everyone saying the Cowboys shouldn't be up there?

They haven't lost since Romo came back... They were legit before Romo went down...

Just don't see where this is all coming from.

They were struggling HARD before Tony went out and even harder once he did. Since he's returned they've beaten the 49ers and seahawks, not impressing. If they beat the steelers this sunday I'll concede to all the ESPN experts who think they're a legit team this year.

Yea but if we lose next week we go back to the middle of the pack. Power Rankings are fun, but mean nothing.

who cares if they mean anything.. the positive press and coverage are great and even if we do it won't matter.. this team has already surpassed what every talking head thought in the preseason and matt ryan has shut up all his critics among falcon fans.

who cares if they mean anything.. the positive press and coverage are great and even if we do it won't matter.. this team has already surpassed what every talking head thought in the preseason and matt ryan has shut up all his critics among falcon fans.

I definitely agree with you on that. It feels good right now. But every time we lose they always drop us to like 14 or 15, and when we win we jump right back to 8,9, or 10. Like I said, they're fun to watch, but they don't mean much in reality. Myself, I think we are a top-5 team, but the media does not share my knowledge or enthusiasm.

I definitely agree with you on that. It feels good right now. But every time we lose they always drop us to like 14 or 15, and when we win we jump right back to 8,9, or 10. Like I said, they're fun to watch, but they don't mean much in reality. Myself, I think we are a top-5 team, but the media does not share my knowledge or enthusiasm.

yep i agree with you there. I can't wait to see how we end these last 4 games.. Whatever happens I am very very happy with the way the team has progressed and improved.

I'm sorry but how the panthers are ahead of us is waaaay beyond me. I mean we absolutley trump them 45-28 and PROVED that the week 4 loss was merely inexperienced. We've looked MUCH better against our common opponents and done it all with younger less experienced players. even *if* you have a personal thing against Atlanta and dont want to rank anyone ahead of them, how in the **** do you put carolina ahead of the Jets, Cowboys and Colts????

REALLLYYY??????????

I'm sorry but how the panthers are ahead of us is waaaay beyond me. I mean we absolutley trump them 45-28 and PROVED that the week 4 loss was merely inexperienced. We've looked MUCH better against our common opponents and done it all with younger less experienced players. even *if* you have a personal thing against Atlanta and dont want to rank anyone ahead of them, how in the **** do you put carolina ahead of the Jets, Cowboys and Colts????

REALLLYYY??????????

We are ahead of the Panthers on other Power Rankings. They don't mean anything.