Chambliss Wins Georgia Senate Runoff

ATL Bear

what's the big deal with the whole filibuster thing? all a filibuster does is impede progress. filibusters are a bad thing that make our government work in a less efficient manner. I don't care what side is doing it, that crap shouldn't be allowed.

More efficient for whom? A single party power structure? I'm sure a dictator would be extremely efficient in meting out policy also, but I'm not interested in that.

Didn't Obama campaign on the idea of reaching across the aisle, compromise, diverse opinion, etc.? It isn't necessary when you have a rubber stamp. Not just for the administration, but Congress as well. At least now he'll be forced to do what he said he would do.

More efficient for whom? A single party power structure? I'm sure a dictator would be extremely efficient in meting out policy also, but I'm not interested in that.

Didn't Obama campaign on the idea of reaching across the aisle, compromise, diverse opinion, etc.? It isn't necessary when you have a rubber stamp. Not just for the administration, but Congress as well. At least now he'll be forced to do what he said he would do.

Diverse opinion is always good, but babbling on and on just to prevent a vote because your side will lose is just plain wrong no matter who does it. I am not saying there shouldn't be debate or dissenting opinion, but halting legislation like a filibuster does is ********.

If the vote doesnt go your way thats too bad, thats the system we have, deal with it.

Anyone who attempts to filibuster should be immediately impeached.

Diverse opinion is always good, but babbling on and on just to prevent a vote because your side will lose is just plain wrong no matter who does it. I am not saying there shouldn't be debate or dissenting opinion, but halting legislation like a filibuster does is ********.

If the vote doesnt go your way thats too bad, thats the system we have, deal with it.

Anyone who attempts to filibuster should be immediately impeached.

Wow. I would provide a rebuttal, but you're operating from either an uninformed or emotional angle, either of which would make my response pointless.

what's the big deal with the whole filibuster thing? all a filibuster does is impede progress. filibusters are a bad thing that make our government work in a less efficient manner. I don't care what side is doing it, that crap shouldn't be allowed.

That's the way this country was supposed to be set up, which is why there are three branches of power. It's supposed to be hard to get anything done and be very inefficient. The problem is that the government seems to be doing too much anyway.

100% agree.

I'm just glad those f'n commercials are over.

I'm ready to see both of these guys jump in a freaking lake.

SAXBY IS THE MIDDLE CLASS ANTI-CHRIST!!!

JIM MARTIN WANTS TO LEGALIZE CHILD PROSTITUTION!!!!!!

:lol:

I am the f over it already and couldn't care less.

I agree, with both of them releasing those commercials like that, it tends to make you wonder why anyone would vote for either of them.