The Suspended Players Better Watch What They Ask For: 4 Games At The Beggining

YesWeCan08

Granted, Minn players have a lot to lose, but if you play with the NFL and lose the appeal...going into next season with a four game suspension could be devasting to both New Orleans and Minnesota because you don't know how they will setup the schedule for 09. They could have teams playing divisional rival in the first quarter of the season . In other words, pick your poison but don't piss off the NFL and make them look bad ( e.g New Orleans/Minn.)

if i was saints players, i wouldnt appeal since their playoffs hopes is virtually dead

if i was minnesota, i would appeal because they are leading their division and 4 gmaes without their 2 all pro DTs would be a huge loss.

at least if they lsoe, they will have ample time to find replacements for them and make appropriate adjustments

Granted, Minn players have a lot to lose, but if you play with the NFL and lose the appeal...going into next season with a four game suspension could be devasting to both New Orleans and Minnesota because you don't know how they will setup the schedule for 09. They could have teams playing divisional rival in the first quarter of the season . In other words, pick your poison but don't piss off the NFL and make them look bad ( e.g New Orleans/Minn.)

It will not be imposed NEXT season. The NFL knows what they are doing. There is NO way anyone can know if any of these players will be on a team next year. They must deal with this in the NOW. This season.

Sorry Minnesota. All the lawyers in the world won't change this.

When the NFL sends a message they do it with FORCE.

There are no more appeals. They were automatically suspended when they failed the tests. They appealed back then (one player accepted his suspension and sat out the 4 games and sued the maker of the pills). The decision released today were teh results of those appeals and the decision is final. The only recourse now is suing to be reinstated.

There are no more appeals. They were automatically suspended when they failed the tests. They appealed back then (one player accepted his suspension and sat out the 4 games and sued the maker of the pills). The decision released today were teh results of those appeals and the decision is final. The only recourse now is suing to be reinstated.

Adam Schefter reported that they will file an injunction on Wednesday to holdup the suspension.

i bet the vikings want to hold off for a few games to see if they can hold the nfc north. if the start losing i am sure they might get the williams to start the suspension. they are up 1 game as division leaders. i guess it depends on how well they do and how well the bears do.

They aren't filing an injunction just to delay their suspensions. They're filing an injunction because they intend to have their case heard in a court of law. I think they will lose based on the langauge in the NFL rules, but I also think none of them intentionally cheated and they are being unfairly punished.

They aren't filing an injunction just to delay their suspensions. They're filing an injunction because they intend to have their case heard in a court of law. I think they will lose based on the langauge in the NFL rules, but I also think none of them intentionally cheated and they are being unfairly punished.

And this is a small part of the NFL drug policy.......

"You and you alone are responsible for what goes into your body.Claiming that you used only legally available nutritional supplements will not help you in an appeal. ... Even if they are bought over-the-counter from a known establishment, there is currently no way to be sure that they contain the ingredients listed on the packaging or have not been tainted with prohibited substances ...

"If you take these products, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK! For your own health and success in the league, we strongly encourage you to avoid the use of supplements altogether, or at the very least to be extremely careful about what you choose to take."

The NFL also said it sent two notifications about StarCaps on Dec. 19, 2006 -- one to NFL club presidents, general managers and head athletic trainers and the second to NFLPA executive Stacy Robinson, who oversees the steroid policy for the union. That letter, according to the league, advised that StarCaps had been added to the list of prohibited dietary supplement companies.

They gambled and they lost. Shut up and take your punishment and next time, be careful of what you take.