Clemson to play in Gator Bowl

clemumo82

I'm not sure how we deserve this bowl, but FSU had already played in Jax this season (Colorado) and the Gator Bowl was not happy about having to take the ACC CG loser a few years back. I would assume this means GT will be in the Chick Fila Bowl, and FSU seems to be headed to the Champs Sports Bowl.

No, it wasn't Chris Ard who reported this either.

with an fsu team at the gaytor, there would be less revenue than with a clemson team. same with gt at the peach bowl...gt sure deserves a shot at i, but a team like unc would bring in more money from the traveling fans.

I wonder which bowl the ACCCG loser will play in? The Peach, I guess?

espn is predicting that looser may fall to the champs sports bowl?!

id prefer the music city bowl...

I just read an AJC article projecting the loser to go to the Music City Bowl.

Here are the ACC projections:

Chick-fil-A: Georgia Tech (9-3) vs. LSU (7-5). The hometown bowl takes the hometown team which will take on the defending national champions. LSU has had a tough time stopping conventional offenses. How excited will LSU be?

Gator: Florida State (8-4) or Clemson (7-5) vs. Nebraska (8-4): The Gator is having an internal debate on the ACC side. Clemson will bring a ton of folks with a new coach and a strong finish. But it’s hard to pass up Bobby Bowden and the Seminoles in the state of Florida.

Champs Sports: Florida State or Clemson vs. Wisconsin (7-5). If the Gator takes Clemson, the Orlando Bowl will take Florida State. Wisconsin has had a very disappointing season.

Music City: Boston College-Virginia Tech loser vs. Kentucky (6-6) or Vanderbilt (6-6). By rule, the ACC championship game loser cannot fall below the Music City. If Virginia Tech is the loser, the Champs could take the Hokies ahead of Clemson.

Meinke: North Carolina (8-4) vs. West Virginia (7-4): North Carolina was a hot team three weeks ago but the Tar Heels stumbled down the stretch and will go to Charlotte.

Emerald: Miami (7-5) vs. Arizona (6-5): The Emerald has expressed some interest in the Hurricanes. Arizona still has a game with Arizona State.

Humanitarian: Wake Forest (7-5) vs. Nevada (7-5): The Deacons will be going to their third straight bowl for the first time in school history.

Eagle Bank: N.C. State (6-6) vs. Navy (7-4): N.C. State coach Tom O’Brien, whose team finished with four straight wins, goes against his alma mater. Navy still has a game with Army on Saturday.

Motor City: Maryland vs. Ball State (12-0). Maryland can’t go to the Eagle Bank on Dec. 20 in Washington, D.C. because it conflicts with exams. Wake Forest can’t go because it played Navy this season. The Big Ten won’t fill its slot in the Motor City so the ACC cuts a deal for the Terps to play a 13-0 Ball State, which faces Buffalo for the MAC championship.

I would love the Dawgs to have another shot in the Chik fil A bowl against Tech. That will be a sellout instantly.

it will not happen, but i would love that.. that would be a great instate game and it would be a huge sellout.. it would be fun for both sets of fans to have another game like that.. the first game was awesome.

well the problem also is boston college doesn't travel very well.. heck neither does vt.. that acc championship game attendence is horrible.. plus the idiocy of putting it in florida..

I totally agree. I dont know what the ACC was thinking when they put that game in Florida. That game should have been in Charlotte from the start. Thats right in the heart of ACC country.

I was referring to the acc championship game.. you guys don't travel well for that. boston college doesn't travel well at all to bowl games or acc championship game.

we VT fans are sick and tired of jacksonville. Ive been 3 times to the gaytor bowl and when you play in the jax for the acc title then you play in jax for the acc title game a month later, its not appealing. otherwise, VT is known for its strong traveling fan base.

You should be happy man.. the way the year started and how dabo helped turned things around.. a nice turn around for clemson.

I am. I figured no bowl, and now we're in a Florida New Years Day bowl. Of course, we don't have a DC right now, but that was figured. Koenning was very upset Dabo got the interim job over him, and while Koenning's defense did improve nicely late in the season, it looks like Dabo forced him into being more aggressive and playing more press man coverage in the secondary. Clemson has recruited a lot of 4 star DB's and has suffered some flops at LB, so it makes sense to be more aggressive.

Of course, Koenning tried to spin it late in the season, claiming he always mixed in LB blitzes and press man coverage, but anyone who watched the Clemson defense knew he wasn't being accurate.

And other than a Gregg Doyel snippet, the media has not blasted Clemson over taking the interim tag off of Dabo. I think the excitement over Lane Kiffin and Tennessee have let that news slide under the radar. Thanks Mike Hamilton (Clemson alum) for scheduling Kiffin's press conference a few hours earlier.