USC willing to give up timeouts to wear red at UCLA.

SacFalcFan

I guess he's given up on playing for a National Championship? One would have to think that a coach wouldn't give himself a significant disadvantage otherwise.

or he thinks it's going to be an easy win.. i think he knows he will destroy usc and thinks the red jerseys will sway the voters.. :lol:

man no offense i wouldnt be surprised to see it bite him in the butt

I wouldn't either, USC has a thing about giving away games to lesser opponents. However, I fully expect that Carroll will have the team ready for another home game at the Rose Bowl. Not to mention that I'm sure that the team will be seeing the picture below around the locker room. An ad put in the LA Times news paper, I believe after UCLA knocked off Tennessee.

football_monopoly_ucla_5.jpg

USC and UCLA used to wear their home jerseys every time they played each other. It was a game tradition every year before either 82 or 83, but the NCAA came out with that dumb rule that penalize visiting teams for wearing their home colors on the road. Carroll has been trying to rekindle that tradition for awhile now.

uscucla.jpg1053989272_f559246e54_o.jpg