Matt Ryan up for ROW Again - GET OVER THERE AND VOTE!

Tandy

Tandy, you do realize that you proved yourself wrong with that link, right?

NFL ROY is determined by the Associated Press, not the fans.

No, it's not.

Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year are.

Read it again - here is the text:

The Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award was created in 2002. This is an award voted online by the fans, and it is completely separate from the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year awards voted on by the Associated Press. Every week during the season, 5 finalists are chosen for the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week award, and a winner is determined by fan voting online at NFL.com[1]. At the end of the season, total fan voting from the year is tabulated to determine the 5 finalists for the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award. The finalists are announced at the end of the season and fans go online to vote during the playoffs. The award is presented to the winner during a press conference in the host city of the Super Bowl as part of the week's festivities.

No, it's not.

Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year are.

Read it again - here is the text:

The Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award was created in 2002. This is an award voted online by the fans, and it is completely separate from the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year awards voted on by the Associated Press. Every week during the season, 5 finalists are chosen for the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week award, and a winner is determined by fan voting online at NFL.com[1]. At the end of the season, total fan voting from the year is tabulated to determine the 5 finalists for the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award. The finalists are announced at the end of the season and fans go online to vote during the playoffs. The award is presented to the winner during a press conference in the host city of the Super Bowl as part of the week's festivities.

LOL read the next sentence. The NFL ROY is the official award and that is voted on by the Associated Press.

I see where our difference is now. What I'm saying is the one that actually matters is the NFL Offensive and Defensive awards and that those are not voted on by the fans.

That is a different award. Most of the conversations around here and on the NFL network and ESPN have been regarding the Rookie of the Year award, not the O/D awards. I am trying to clarify that it is a fan voted award and that if we don't vote for ROW - ROY is out of the contest.

any award that is only based on fan vote has little value to me. a geographic location can make any rookie get the award.

basically by Pepsi's logic, Felix Jones is the ROY as of now, and he is on IR and like the 5th best rookie RB as is.

Since Ryan has been nominated almost every week, I would still bet he has more total votes than any other rookie this year.

besides, all the media outlets are calling Ryan a lock for ROY, so they are obviously more concerned with the one being decided by football insiders and not homer fans.

It is strictly fan vote - here you go: Link

Not only that - the votes from the year for each player rookie of the week goes towards deciding the finalists for rookie of the year.

So your votes now can determine if he's even up for it.

Big market guys do usually get it, by the way. Like I said, Matt doesn't stand a chance - we have fans who vote against him during the rookie of the week contests - he may not even make the year end contest.

I think he's been on the list more times than any other rookie. So even if he's outvoted on a weekly basis, he will still have a lot of collective votes because of how many times he's nominated. I think he's been nominated on it 7 times. That's 7 weeks he's been getting votes. A lot of those other rookies may have 2 or 3, but 7 out of 12 possible, I doubt many others are anywhere near there.