Ryan Purvis

hornsmd

This may be a stupid question, but does anybody think drafting Ryan Purvis would be a bad idea? It could be a bad move for the development of Ryan and the offense by bringing in a security blanket that Ryan trust from his days a BC. He may not look down field as much. It may not be a bad move either.

What do you all think?

I've said this before.

If Purvis had declared for last year's draft I would in favor of drafting Purvis with Ryan so they could grow together along with the WRs and other TEs on the team.

Ryan has already established a rapport and chemistry with our current WRs and TEs, and bringing in a guy that he played college ball with doesn't add to Purvis' skills as a TE or Ryan's skills as a QB. I'd rather bring in someone new who Ryan would identify with as part of the Falcon family and not his go-to target from BC. I don't want him to get too comfortable checking down to the TE which could happen with Purvis which would also hinder Ryan's development, and I don't want Purvis to get upset if he either doesn't get onto the field or if he doesn't get thrown to because he expects it from Ryan.

I would rather a very large handful of guys over Purvis.

I don't want Purvis..... He is not going to scare ANY linebackers. I would rather have a big tall guy with good speed and good hands that can create mismatches. that would be Shawn Nelson TE Southern Mississippi. Purvis will not create mismatches because Linebackers could easily cover him.