Ryan and Flacco

i was bored and decided to compare Ryan's stats with Flaccos with wins and losses. there are most likely some math errors because i just went through this rather quickly. feel free to correct me if you see something wrong.

Ryan in losses:

76/145 for a 52.4 comp %. 809 yrds, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

Flacco in losses:

82/129 for a 63.5 com %. 750 yrds, 2 TDs, 7 INTs

Flacco has a better completion percentage while Ryan has a better TD:INT ratio. but pretty good overall for rookies. stats are a bit skewed because Flacco played better defenses than we did in the losses.

Ryan in wins:

126/182 for a 69.2 comp %. 1782 yrds, 10 TDs, 1 INTs

Flacco in wins:

120/202 for a 59.4 comp %. 1526 yrds, 10 TDs, 2 INTs

both have been very impressive in their wins. stats are almost identical. Ryan does have the better completion percentage. someone can check Ryan's completion percentage because im not sure if it is 69.2% seems high even for a veteran. might have made a mistake.

i was bored and decided to compare Ryan's stats with Flaccos with wins and losses. there are most likely some math errors because i just went through this rather quickly. feel free to correct me if you see something wrong.

Ryan in losses:

Flacco in losses:

Flacco has a better completion percentage while Ryan has a better TD:INT ratio. but pretty good overall for rookies. stats are a bit skewed because Flacco played better defenses than we did in the losses.

Ryan in wins:

Flacco in wins:

both have been very impressive in their wins. stats are almost identical. Ryan does have the better completion percentage. someone can check Ryan's completion percentage because im not sure if it is 69.2% seems high even for a veteran. might have made a mistake.

Truly impressive statistics for the rookies and not ...

incredible! :P

Ryan in losses:

Flacco in losses:

Ryan in wins:

Flacco in wins:

69.2 is correct, and you didn't have to do the math, ESPN and other sites do it for you. Go to Matt Ryan's ESPN web page and click on splits.

Other sites do this too, ESPN's is the one I have bookmarked.

I have to laugh at all the comparisons. It's almost an obsession - I wonder if they do the same thing on the Ravens board.

Congratulations Ravens and Flacco - I wish you much success unless we are playing you - then I wish for us to crush you like little black bugs.

Seriously - he's young, he's playing hard on a good team - wish him well. He's not in competition with Matt.

As for Ryan - I thank our lucky stars for the coin toss that gave us the chance to draft him. I love this guy - he's special and we are extremely fortunate to have him. I think you'll see over the next few years just how fortunate we are.

While Flacco has done better than I thought he would do this season, lets remember that he went to an established team with a legendary defense.

Ryan walked into a fiasco and was filling some pretty big shoes as far as the fanbase was considered. (YKW)

I dont want to take away from Flacco's accomplishments because there are many rookie QB's from the recent past that wouldnt have done so well. Yet as a Falcon fan I am biased :)

Put Flacco in Detroit and see how he would do or even with our Falcons and I dont think you would see the stats or composure that our Matty Ice has shown.

The Ravens got a good QB who will help them along. We got a future MVP and this seasons ROY.

It doesn't have to always be a comparison when talking about Flacco and Ryan.. Yes Flacco has a good defense but their putting up numbers that they've never put up during Billick's era. And while you say he has a defense the same can be said for Matt, he has an offense.

So there Flacco has a good defense and Matt has a good offense. I'm proud of both guys and they will BOTH be good. You can give props to Flacco too it's okay. Be happy that both teams have found their qb of the future.

Seeing what Flacco has done is simply amazing - I watched some of his games with Deleware last season, and never thought that he would be ready to contribute at all for at least a couple of years in the NFL. More than Matt Ryan I think he proves that the waiting/learning period for QB's is really just a myth as long as the team around them is anywhere close to decent.

I'm happy that the Ravens have finally found a QB - that position has held that team completely hostage for so long that they really deserve it. I still think that what Ryan has done from a team perspective is more impressive (we're higher ranked in all three offensive categories and had farther to go to reach that ranking, as well as being well ahead of them in passing), but both players have meant alot to their teams.

Ryan in losses:

Flacco in losses:

Ryan in wins:

Flacco in wins:

Really? Better than Carolina and Tampa Bay? He played defenses better than those 2? I think not

Ryan played Carolina, Tampa, Philly, and Denver (<_<) in his losses while Flacco played Pittsburgh, Tennessee, the Giants, and the Colts. Overall I think Flacco played some better defenses in his losses but that doesn't take away from anything Ryan has done.

While there's no doubt Ryan has been impressive, I gotta give Flacco props for what he has done so far since he was basically thrust into the starting lineup after Troy Smith got sick for the first couple games. Ryan had prior knowledge he would start so its understandable Flacco would have some growing pains in a couple of his games. However, Flacco has a much better defense that is very capable of carrying that team if necessary as it has done in the past years.

It doesn't have to always be a comparison when talking about Flacco and Ryan.. Yes Flacco has a good defense but their putting up numbers that they've never put up during Billick's era. And while you say he has a defense the same can be said for Matt, he has an offense.

So there Flacco has a good defense and Matt has a good offense. I'm proud of both guys and they will BOTH be good. You can give props to Flacco too it's okay. Be happy that both teams have found their qb of the future.

They do have an established offense. The missing piece - a QB. The other difference - how much control has been turned over to Matt vs. Joe.

I've been watching him only because I happen to love to watch good defensive teams and like to watch them - so I watch the Ravens, Steelers, Titans and Giants when I can. He has the strong arm everyone knew he had, he has developed well and isn't shaken so easy - but to say he doesn't have an offense when Matt does? I think Matt makes our offense look a lot better than it is. This was a big thing at the beginning of the year.

This is what everyone fails to see - they have turned the entire playbook over to Matt - and he controls the line. This is a different offense because of Matt. That defense of Baltimore is absolutely astounding. If Matt were there vs. here - it would be frightening.

That being said - Joe has done a great job and I enjoy watching him. I root for him to do well and laugh at all the comparisons on here - he's not Matt's competition. But, if you asked me honestly - salary included - who I would rather have over the long haul, I wouldn't hesitate - it's Matt, hands down.

They do have an established offense. The missing piece - a QB. The other difference - how much control has been turned over to Matt vs. Joe.

I've been watching him only because I happen to love to watch good defensive teams and like to watch them - so I watch the Ravens, Steelers, Titans and Giants when I can. He has the strong arm everyone knew he had, he has developed well and isn't shaken so easy - but to say he doesn't have an offense when Matt does? I think Matt makes our offense look a lot better than it is. This was a big thing at the beginning of the year.

This is what everyone fails to see - they have turned the entire playbook over to Matt - and he controls the line. This is a different offense because of Matt. That defense of Baltimore is absolutely astounding. If Matt were there vs. here - it would be frightening.

That being said - Joe has done a great job and I enjoy watching him. I root for him to do well and laugh at all the comparisons on here - he's not Matt's competition. But, if you asked me honestly - salary included - who I would rather have over the long haul, I wouldn't hesitate - it's Matt, hands down.

No, no, no.. People on this message board like to say "Well Flacco has the best defense so that's why he's good". All I'm saying is that the same argument can be made for Ryan and our offense. All of our skill positions are better than the Ravens so they can't use the "Flacco has a good defense" argument without acknowledging the fact that Ryan has a better offense around him.

My comment was to those who choose to discredit what Flacco has done.

No, no, no.. People on this message board like to say "Well Flacco has the best defense so that's why he's good". All I'm saying is that the same argument can be made for Ryan and our offense. All of our skill positions are better than the Ravens so they can't use the "Flacco has a good defense" argument without acknowledging the fact that Ryan has a better offense around him.

My comment was to those who choose to discredit what Flacco has done.

Understood - the kid is outstanding. He's growing wonderfully - way exceeding rookie expectations. You have to, as a fan of football, appreciate that.

Understood - the kid is outstanding. He's growing wonderfully - way exceeding rookie expectations. You have to, as a fan of football, appreciate that.

I do, I'm just happy that we caught luck and got our QB..

I'm also happy that you have 2 rookie qb's doing what pundits said they couldn't do.. 2 rookie qb's leading teams to the playoffs? This is epic stuff

I do, I'm just happy that we caught luck and got our QB..

I'm also happy that you have 2 rookie qb's doing what pundits said they couldn't do.. 2 rookie qb's leading teams to the playoffs? This is epic stuff

It will make the NFL world follow these 2 for many years to come. They are inextricably linked throughout their careers from this amazing year. This is why, when we someday face that team and that QB in the Superbowl - it will be a moment of history for the NFL. I think that would be an amazing SB to watch, myself - and I'm hoping for it - after we get our final pieces in place (lol)

I have to laugh at all the comparisons. It's almost an obsession - I wonder if they do the same thing on the Ravens board.

Congratulations Ravens and Flacco - I wish you much success unless we are playing you - then I wish for us to crush you like little black bugs.

Seriously - he's young, he's playing hard on a good team - wish him well. He's not in competition with Matt.

As for Ryan - I thank our lucky stars for the coin toss that gave us the chance to draft him. I love this guy - he's special and we are extremely fortunate to have him. I think you'll see over the next few years just how fortunate we are.

(In the voice of Katt Williams) Why the bugs gotta be black huh? Why they can't be little white bugs huh? Or little Hispanic bugs or Asian bugs!...D@M IT! Now we got racist Entomologists?! Enough is enough already!..Next thing you know you gone be sayin' "then I wish for us to crush you like litte Barack bugs" !!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! :D(this is just a spoof guys, a joke!)