Jags Defense Sucks Without Mike Smith

Del Rio has lost that team. Coincidence?

I'm beginning to think Mike Smith was the glue that held that team together all these years. Imagine those players looking at the Falcons and Mike Smith - Winning - and their own team (Losing). It has to be having an effect on them, and from what I've been reading Jack Del Rio has fallen apart trying to run that team this season, pissing off his players, losing their trust.

Mike Smith is awesome. We are lucky to have him.

I think them not having Marcus Stroud has an effect on them as well as not having Coach Smith.

Not to mention 4 starters on their OL. Maybe they're suffering from the shallow bench syndrome that Atlanta has had for years.

I agree that something seems "off" w/Del Rio's gang this year, though. That performance tonight was more flat and uninspired than any I've ever seen from them. MJD seemed to be gutting it out, but the rest of the team missed the bus or something.

And who is their #29 on Defense? I'm going to look that up tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure I don't want this guy to ever become a Falcon.

Del Rio has lost that team. Coincidence?

I'm beginning to think Mike Smith was the glue that held that team together all these years. Imagine those players looking at the Falcons and Mike Smith - Winning - and their own team (Losing). It has to be having an effect on them, and from what I've been reading Jack Del Rio has fallen apart trying to run that team this season, pissing off his players, losing their trust.

Mike Smith is awesome. We are lucky to have him.

Isn't that ironic? A lot of people this offseason claimed that Coach Smith just stood there, while Del Rio ran the defense. Mmmmmm....does that mean you're claiming that the media was...wrong? :o

I bet on Jax a couple of times early in the season and realized they left their A game (and their B and C games) somewhere else. Started to figure out their difference between last year and this year was the lack of Mike Smith. Lots of injuries, of course, but good teams overcome that (look at the Falcons with all of our rookies). Really happy to see that other people are recognizing this too!!

--Katie

This year the Jags D is a mess. :lol: Remember last year all the analysts thought the Jags had a top D. Apparently now it was Mike Smith behind their D and not Del Rio. Mike Smith brought his J-ville D with him and it has helped up a lot this year. Mike Smith was a great Head Coach choice. Go Falcons! B)

Smitty was the glue that held that team together, I love the guy!

There's no question that they are missing Mike Smith. That being said, no team can overcome what they've dealt with on their offensive line and they were freakin' idiots to get rid of Stroud. Del Rio is skating on thin ice right now. He's been Petrino-ish with some of his tactics and the players aren't responding. I suspect next year will be his last because Garrard has fallen off dramatically trying to carry that team by himself.