Not sure about this game vs. the Saints

Jedi-Falcon

They are at home. They are playing for their Playoff lives - if they lose they're out. They just lost a tough game to Tampa. This is a potential powder-keg waiting to explode. Esp. since we beat them already, they're looking for payback.

I remember saying there was no way in **** we were going to lose to New Orleans in Atlanta. And I was right. I think someone, somewhere in New Orleans is saying the same thing about the Saints in this game.

The crowd noise is going to be a factor. Ryan hasn't dealt with the Superdome crowd before - this will be his first really loud hostile-crowd game. Fortunately, crowd noise only comes into effect for a home-team's Defense, and their Defense isn't that great. I think Ryan can overcome that, but his mental toughness will be tested if the Saints jump out ahead early. If I was him I would invest in ear-plugs and tune it all out.

Brees is going to air it out, as usual, so our Secondary will be put on Red-Alert again, as well as our D-Line. But they have Reggie Bush back, which we didn't have to deal with before, so that is going to create some issues esp. for our LBs. The LB corps needs to show up this game in a big way, esp. in pass coverage. They will try to expose Brooking by running Shockey and Bush his way, and they will get their yards doing that, but this is one game where Boley's coverage skills can be utilized to help cover that. Even with Reggie Bush, the Saints have an awful Running attack. Nothing to worry about there, but those short passing patterns will eat us alive if we dont get coverage by our LBs.

There is a lot that can bad for the Falcons this game. and it wont take much. Another 3 turnover game and you may as well turn the TV off. The Falcons almost have to play mistake-free the whole game. Control the clock. Pound the Run game. Pressure Brees. Brees is going to get his yards between the 20s, we just have to keep the ball out of the end-zone as much as possible. We have a very good Red-Zone Defense, and we will need it to step up again.

So realistically...I don't think we are going to accomplish all that. I think the Saints are too angry, too hungry, too desperate, and too much in their home territory of New Orleans to lose this game. I think we will leave New Orleans with an 8-5 record.

I think if we do manage to come out 9-4, there will be nothing but Superbowl talk coming out of my mouth from here on out, because if we win this game I do not think there is a team in the NFC that will be able to stop us.

They are at home. They are playing for their Playoff lives - if they lose they're out. They just lost a tough game to Tampa. This is a potential powder-keg waiting to explode. Esp. since we beat them already, they're looking for payback.

I remember saying there was no way in **** we were going to lose to New Orleans in Atlanta. And I was right. I think someone, somewhere in New Orleans is saying the same thing about the Saints in this game.

The crowd noise is going to be a factor. Ryan hasn't dealt with the Superdome crowd before - this will be his first really loud hostile-crowd game. Fortunately, crowd noise only comes into effect for a home-team's Defense, and their Defense isn't that great. I think Ryan can overcome that, but his mental toughness will be tested if the Saints jump out ahead early. If I was him I would invest in ear-plugs and tune it all out.

Brees is going to air it out, as usual, so our Secondary will be put on Red-Alert again, as well as our D-Line. But they have Reggie Bush back, which we didn't have to deal with before, so that is going to create some issues esp. for our LBs. The LB corps needs to show up this game in a big way, esp. in pass coverage. They will try to expose Brooking by running Shockey and Bush his way, and they will get their yards doing that, but this is one game where Boley's coverage skills can be utilized to help cover that. Even with Reggie Bush, the Saints have an awful Running attack. Nothing to worry about there, but those short passing patterns will eat us alive if we dont get coverage by our LBs.

There is a lot that can bad for the Falcons this game. and it wont take much. Another 3 turnover game and you may as well turn the TV off. The Falcons almost have to play mistake-free the whole game. Control the clock. Pound the Run game. Pressure Brees. Brees is going to get his yards between the 20s, we just have to keep the ball out of the end-zone as much as possible. We have a very good Red-Zone Defense, and we will need it to step up again.

So realistically...I don't think we are going to accomplish all that. I think the Saints are too angry, too hungry, too desperate, and too much in their home territory of New Orleans to lose this game. I think we will leave New Orleans with an 8-5 record.

I think if we do manage to come out 9-4, there will be nothing but Superbowl talk coming out of my mouth from here on out, because if we win this game I do not think there is a team in the NFC that will be able to stop us.

Can't be more dramatic than that,

It's gonna be another huge test for the Falcons,got to get the running game going early on don't even give the Saints the Illusion they have a chance.

Jeteye, as long as you feel the Falcons are not going to win, we will be just fine. Last week your gut feeling was off for sure.

thank you. jedi you get under my skin <_< , but your just that kind of fan. its all good. ^_^ I think our D is going to bond more because of the Chargers game. They worked hard out there(dispite anything that happened) and i dont think anyone more than our D is happy about this win. They need to contain brees agian if they want to prove to eveyone else how good they can be. Reggie will bring soem other options to the table that they didnt have agianst us, but the think about reggie is that we know he is coming and i think Mike smith will have a good plan to contain him as well. I think we can do this and i think we will do it too!!! LETS GO DIRTY BIRDS!!! lookin for number 9 this year baby! :lol:

They're dunzo. They're playing the Spoiler.

The falcons will not be as much of a pushover as you are thinking we might be this sunday.. Superdome or not this is a mature team despite what their birth certificates say and they keep proving it over and over again while people just keep on doubting them each week.

Trust we will pull this one out.

I will listen to you talk of nothinh but thr super bowl ;)

But don't forget the G-men... they are the defending champions

I agree. This will be tough. I said something similar to this last week. This will be the toughest out of the next four games. IMO. They want payback

You said the same thing about the Chargers game.....WE ARE FOR REAL.....not saying we will win absolutely, BUT ENOUGH OF THE DOOMSAYING.......A Prophet you are not........

The Falcons almost have to play mistake-free the whole game. Control the clock. Pound the Run game. Pressure Brees.

AGREE!!

We need this game to if it comes down to a tie within our division or our wildcard. This and the Tampa game are must wins in my opinion. It's going to be tough but the Falcons have remained so remarkably humble and consistent this season that I'm less worried than I would be. I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully this team will make the playoffs and I'll be able to watch the Falcon for the first time this season on my t.v.

Week after week, you are by far the most negative person on this board. You are all gloom and doom. Change your screen name to Chicken Little.