LISTEN GUYS ... WE WANT CAROLINA TO WIN SUNDAY

MagnusXXIII

Though I agree we should not be looking past New Orleans ... I am amazed by how many posters want Tampa to win.

1. Tampa has the easiest schedule.

2. Carolina has the hardest.

3. If Carolina were to be seeded ahead of us ... we would prefer to play them in Carolina over Tampa in Tampa.

4. We have a better chance with tie-breaking scenarios with Carolina.

We should be pulling for Carolina.

Though I agree we should not be looking past New Orleans ... I am amazed by how many posters want Tampa to win.

3. If Carolina were to be seeded ahead of us ... we would prefer to play them in Carolina over Tampa in Tampa.

sorry but your wrong, if tampa bay our destny for the division is in OUR hands

if carolina wins, our destiny is out of our hands.

i want us to win the division, carolina wont hand it to us thats for sure.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you. Not totally knowledgeable about how all the playoff stuff works, though. One thing I DO know...... I hate the Sucs more than the Panties, so it will be easier for me to root for Carolina! And btw, your 1st 2 points are dead on.

Carolina lost to Minnesota, winning the next three games should seal any tie-breaking scenarios for us.

**** it was too bad Carolina sucked out victories in Greenbay and San Diego.

Yes... what I've been saying! B)

sorry but your wrong, if tampa bay our destny for the division is in OUR hands

if carolina wins, our destiny is out of our hands.

i want us to win the division, carolina wont hand it to us thats for sure.

I am wrong only if I was talking about having our destiny in our hands to win the division.

But I am not. I am talking about what is in our best interest.

Carolina has to play Denver, @Giants, @New Orleans (one or two losses)

Tampa has to play San Diego and Oakland. (two guaranteed wins)

Even if we don't win the division it is important we are a higher seed than Tampa.

Really, it is too tough to call. We benefit almost equally if Bucs win or Panthers win...at this point I don't really care who does win as long as one of them loses. :)

But based on pure statistics, a Bucs win puts us in a slightly better position to make the playoffs than a Panthers win.

A Panthers win helps our division chances more but a Bucs win helps our PLAYOFF chances more.

Really, it is too tough to call. We benefit almost equally if Bucs win or Panthers win...at this point I don't really care who does win as long as one of them loses. :)

But based on pure statistics, a Bucs win puts us in a slightly better position to make the playoffs than a Panthers win.

A Panthers win helps our division chances more but a Bucs win helps our PLAYOFF chances more.

Even if we beat Tampa .... a Tampa victory this Sunday hands them the division.

(edit - we would need to win out)

we need help to catch carolina, we don't need help to catch the bucs. if the panthers lose, we can win the division by running the table. if carolina runs the table, which is very possible, then even if we go 4-0 we are still at best a wild card team.

A bucs win helps us more then a panther win.

besides, there is no such thing as a guaranteed win in the nfl. the bucs barely beat the chiefs and were down 17-0 against the lions.

we need to stop saying we have to root for a given team. it doesnt matter what we want. either outcome has its benefits and its downsides.

just let that take care of itself we cant do anything about it, lets just enjoy the ride our birds are givin us

I know. I've never seem so many people stress out over not knowing who to root for.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you. Not totally knowledgeable about how all the playoff stuff works, though. One thing I DO know...... I hate the Sucs more than the Panties, so it will be easier for me to root for Carolina! And btw, your 1st 2 points are dead on.

Same here ... I can't stand that arrogant Gruden

Same here ... I can't stand that arrogant Gruden

I don't care who wins! Fact is...

We going to N.O. and if we play to our potential we'll kick their hind parts!

then we'll come back home...

and smack the bucs in the mouth!!!!

then we'll go to Minny and beat the breaks off the Vikings!!!

then we'll come back home pumped up and destroy the Rams!

I don't care WHO WINS Monday..at first I did..but if we do our part. It will work out in our favor. So like Coach Smith says, if you do your job chances are things will work out to your benefit.

PLAY TO WIN each down and we'll be some happy fans...that's the closest we'll get to a guarantee in the NFL.

okay guys..I'm done. I got excited talking about my birds! :)

well,

there's already been one tie this season.... howbout another?

i think if we're gonna take the division from the bucs we dont need carolina's help doing it. we'd probably need to win out, which i dont think we will... the nfc south isnt going to send three teams, dallas or washington will claim one of those spots. i would be happier seeing the panthers start thier downward spiral (look at that schedule!) and feel more confident that we will probably get a spot even if it is a wild card.

either way im happy its december and im talking playoffs for the falcons,

and f*** both those teams.

Joe

Also, I'm just going to sit back, relax, and watch the game... I'll be happy that one of them has to lose.

Agreed. If we win out (which I think we can all agree on that being very possible) we will be in a prime position for at least a wildcard anyways. Sure the division would be better but ****, as long as we're in, we're in.

How about we can beat Carolina with one of the tie breakers if they lose only one of the next games but not Tampa. We can not, can not beat Tampa as it stands with a tie breaker. It will go to the 5th level of Strength of Victory and currently they will win with 38 points. So I agree the Bucs should lose and that will help. We have to win all 4 of these game though. Forget all of the feel good perceptions, the tie breaker rule is the only thing that applies.

Honestly....it doesn't matter. We need Dallas to do whatever we do. and we need Washington to also Follow suit. We are in the 6th spot....yes we would love to win the division, but TB does have a pretty easy schedule. TB has CAR ATL SDGO OAK (there is probably 3/4 Wins)...12-4

CAR has TB, DENV, Giants and NO (2/2 WIN LOSE) 11-5

ATL has NO, TB, MINN, STL (We should win 3/4 honestly we could win all 4 but I want to be realistic) 11-5 we are in!!!

Dallas has Pitts, NYG, Baltimore, And Philly ( I see them going no better than 2-2) 10-6

Wash has Baltimore, Cinci, Philly, SF (really they should go 3 out of 4) 10-6

Philly need to lose 1

Realistically we are looking at 11-5 to absolutely make the playoffs, 12-4 might win us the division, and 10-6 it depends on who beats who ETC.....We need 3 wins....and NO and TB are the two toughest matchups.......