Sacks Are Special Plays

What's the point of actively rooting for a player to fail? I could never understand that. I mean, in the end, who does it help if he isn't successful as a NFL player?

Is being right really more important to you than the success of the team and it's players?

I've always maintained that nothing would make me happier than eating crow over Anderson. We really need Jamaal to succeed. We can't afford to have an 8th overall pick to bust. Every time I look at Patrick Willis I feel sick. I'd love not to feel that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me what play, and well discuss it.. I too am watching the game.

Lets get into some nuts and bolts.

We trailer park junkies can talk football too

How about this, I will watch the game and enjoy it, and if I happen to notice anything I will let you know. Meanwhile, you can pretend you are Uncle Rico and you could have thrown a football over that thar mountain, and also coached the high school team to the state championship.

How about this, I will watch the game and enjoy it, and if I happen to notice anything I will let you know. Meanwhile, you can pretend you are Uncle Rico and you could have thrown a football over that thar mountain, and also coached the high school team to the state championship.

10-4.. Enjoy watching nothing from Jamaal. Check out how many impact plays he makes on defense. Its amazing this guy dropped to pick #8. You can tell the whole offensive like is just spying on Jamaal. They just say F the Predator. We need to find Jamaal out there and get 2 guys on that beast. Its obvious what Norv had in mind.

exactly my thinking

Problem is, you don't draft a DE 8th overall to stuff the run. You draft a DE 8th overall because you think he's going to be a fearsome pass rusher. That's what McKay said on draft day. He talked about the importance of getting a pass rush from your front 4 and how Jamaal helps that out.

If you're comfortable with a DE that just stuffs the run then you should have been mad we drafted Anderson at all. Davis could have come in and played the run well. The Falcons wanted someone who could do more. Anderson hasn't done it yet.

12:28 in 4th Quarter - Anderson charges in on a 1st and 20, then realizes it's a screen and pulls up and smothers LT preventing the screen. He didn't get a sack there, but I sure am glad he made the smart play.

11:55 - two plays later he is double teamed and the OT even gets away with an unpenalized false start.

More to come ;)

12:28 in 4th Quarter - Anderson charges in on a 1st and 20, then realizes it's a screen and pulls up and smothers LT preventing the screen. He didn't get a sack there, but I sure am glad he made the smart play.

11:55 - two plays later he is double teamed and the OT even gets away with an unpenalized false start.

More to come ;)

there's more ;)

Problem is, you don't draft a DE 8th overall to stuff the run. You draft a DE 8th overall because you think he's going to be a fearsome pass rusher. That's what McKay said on draft day. He talked about the importance of getting a pass rush from your front 4 and how Jamaal helps that out.

If you're comfortable with a DE that just stuffs the run then you should have been mad we drafted Anderson at all. Davis could have come in and played the run well. The Falcons wanted someone who could do more. Anderson hasn't done it yet.

but he has been so much better this year than last year so imagine what he will be like next year personally i can wait because we are 8 and 4 with him only getting 2 sacks

And the funny part of all of this is that I have stated numerous times that I think he is a disappointment due to his draft position. I merely argued that I think we should give him at least another year before calling him anything.

There were a few people this year clamoring for Vernon Gholston to be JA98's replacement, lets hope the search function never comes back.

And the funny part of all of this is that I have stated numerous times that I think he is a disappointment due to his draft position. I merely argued that I think we should give him at least another year before calling him anything.

There were a few people this year clamoring for Vernon Gholston to be JA98's replacement, lets hope the search function never comes back.

LOL gholston?

now what has he done? is he even gonna play for the jets?

He has a tackle this year, lay off. He still isn't a bust though, and I am serious about that. Give kids time.

On a side note, we got jobbed on that Turner fumble.

i havent seen him play this year, seen a few jets games.

and yeah, we got jobbed on finn and turners "fumble"

More to come ;)

Nice read by Jamaal forced Rivers to throw into the ground.. Was nice. That was definatly a false start 2 plays later. So far so good Jamaal, keep them coming.

8:45 - Anderson single covered, started to slide inside and LT came over to help. Not sure if it's considered a double team, but the Chargers O-Line seems to know where he is an awful lot.

Davis had an unstoppable motor that play

He threw it to the ground because the play was smothered, not because he doesn't have the accuracy to make a 3 yard pass. :rolleyes:

Your right, I didnt think I said something different.

My bad, I thought you were undermining a legit achievement.

nah dude, things are black and white to me on the football field. You either do it right or wrong. theres no in between. Either you do your job or not. Thats why I dont accept the drawing double teams excuses or anything of the sort. Your either helping us on the field or your hurting us. I want guys that help out more times than they hurt us.

Heck, Abe hurts us on some plays rushing up the field too quick. It opens up run lanes. But he comes up huge on nearly every single passing down.

With the game in the balance, Babs and Abe have been the guys. They need help.

That certainly is the truth, I would love Anderson to keep improving. If he is destined to play at this level for his whole career than yeah, go ahead and call him a wasted pick. He is a solid player though, just not an impact player yet. I think that will change though. The kid just doesn't seem to have grown into his frame yet.

nah dude, things are black and white to me on the football field. You either do it right or wrong. theres no in between. Either you do your job or not. Thats why I dont accept the drawing double teams excuses or anything of the sort. Your either helping us on the field or your hurting us. I want guys that help out more times than they hurt us.

Heck, Abe hurts us on some plays rushing up the field too quick. It opens up run lanes. But he comes up huge on nearly every single passing down.

good post. i agree. anderson hasnt been dwight freeney or abe or jared allen or anybody. he has done more RIGHT than he's done WRONG the last couple of weeks IMO, so i say he's improving.

is he where we need him to be? no, but then again a lot of our players arent really where we need them to be. we're getting things done though and our team is improving.

That certainly is the truth, I would love Anderson to keep improving. If he is destined to play at this level for his whole career than yeah, go ahead and call him a wasted pick. He is a solid player though, just not an impact player yet. I think that will change though. The kid just doesn't seem to have grown into his frame yet.

Honestly I watch game tape because I am looking for that first time that Jamaal throws the OT's hands away and give that stiff rip move.. And then, I want to see him with the quicks to meet the QB on the final step of a 5 step drop. I dont want to see him on a stunt, not even an inside spin. The RIP move is the most physical and consistent way to beat a tackle and get to the QB asap.

If I see that it will send chills down my spine I guarantee. Only then will I say the guy has a chance to do anything in this league. Right now hes too soft and not nasty enough (maybe not strong enough) to manhandle an OT on a stiff rip move.

good post. i agree. anderson hasnt been dwight freeney or abe or jared allen or anybody. he has done more RIGHT than he's done WRONG the last couple of weeks IMO, so i say he's improving.

is he where we need him to be? no, but then again a lot of our players arent really where we need them to be. we're getting things done though and our team is improving.

Honestly I watch game tape because I am looking for that first time that Jamaal throws the OT's hands away and give that stiff rip move.. And then, I want to see him with the quicks to meet the QB on the final step of a 5 step drop. I dont want to see him on a stunt, not even an inside spin. The RIP move is the most physical and consistent way to beat a tackle and get to the QB asap.

Both of those are good posts. I think we can all agree that Anderson has not lived up to what we would have hoped for out of the # 8 pick. I think Boss and I just happen to give a little more credit to his relative inexperience with the position, and the terrible coaching situation last year. FalconLord is just a bit more critical, nothing wrong with that either; people can disagree.

As long as I see him improving and being a net positive on the field I won't call him a bust. The technique Lord is talking about comes with time and coaching. He finally has the coaching, I just want to give him more time. I think one more offseason will be the ultimate experience for him to see what kind of player he will be.

Both of those are good posts. I think we can all agree that Anderson has not lived up to what we would have hoped for out of the # 8 pick. I think Boss and I just happen to give a little more credit to his relative inexperience with the position, and the terrible coaching situation last year. FalconLord is just a bit more critical, nothing wrong with that either; people can disagree.

As long as I see him improving and being a net positive on the field I won't call him a bust. The technique Lord is talking about comes with time and coaching. He finally has the coaching, I just want to give him more time. I think one more offseason will be the ultimate experience for him to see what kind of player he will be.

We will see.. If the problem is coaching and experience then you will be correct.

I just think its attitude and temperament.