Sacks Are Special Plays

With all the focus on what Jamaal Anderson does and doesn't do well I thought someone should just speak up and say the obvious. Sacking a QB is what they pay you for at this level. Stopping the run, that's kind of a bonus, really. I mean, you want to do both, definitely. But getting a sack, that's a special play.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WoodyPaige
why don't you just stop complaining? Our falcons are winning for Pete's sake. The defense played OUTSTANDING yesterday. Just stop with all the negative talk.

NO JOO DONS UNDERSTANDZ! JAMAAL BUSTERSON IZ A BUST HE GOT NO SAC! MR BLANKS MAKING HUGE MISTAKES BY SIGNIN HIM!

JIM,

Still waiting on you to tell me where to go to find the invisible double teams Jim.

Just watched Babs seal the deal with a huge sack and Jamaal was sure enough standing there at the line of scrimmage being pushed around by the RT. Didnt move more then a half yard into the backfield. Meanwhile, Abe and Babs are splitting and game clinching sack.

Or maybe when Jamaal is stoned at the LOS on the safety. Locked up with the RT again by himself watching everyone else grab at rivers to force the intentional grounding and safety..

JIM.. where are the double teams??

nope, he and falconlord just keep saying the same thing.. i think they make love while hating on JA98

Haha, you should have seen what I typed before I deleted it. Something along the lines of a trailer park, he and FalconLord, diet RC cola baths, and JA98 hating children. But I didn't want Chris Hansen knocking on my door, so I gave it the PC touch.

You apologists are way too serious. I don't even believe that sacks are so important that run stopping is just a bonus. It's funny to look back and see what Anderson himself was expecting upon entering the NFL. This was meant more as a bit of comic relief than anything.

What's the point of actively rooting for a player to fail? I could never understand that. I mean, in the end, who does it help if he isn't successful as a NFL player?

Is being right really more important to you than the success of the team and it's players?

Haha, you should have seen what I typed before I deleted it. Something along the lines of a trailer park, he and FalconLord, diet RC cola baths, and JA98 hating children. But I didn't want Chris Hansen knocking on my door, so I gave it the PC touch.

lmao

that's funnier than mine

JIM,

Still waiting on you to tell me where to go to find the invisible double teams Jim.

Just watched Babs seal the deal with a huge sack and Jamaal was sure enough standing there at the line of scrimmage being pushed around by the RT. Didnt move more then a half yard into the backfield. Meanwhile, Abe and Babs are splitting and game clinching sack.

Or maybe when Jamaal is stoned at the LOS on the safety. Locked up with the RT again by himself watching everyone else grab at rivers to force the intentional grounding and safety..

JIM.. where are the double teams??

The fact that you can't seem to see the double teams may explain why you can't see him making a difference in the game. They are there; Anderson is a decent player and still developing, and your agenda is wearing thin. I'm watching the game right now and he is drawing double teams on a regular basis.

Don't expect anyone to go out and do research for something you have been actively ignoring all season.

Sacks are a vital, vital part of what a DE does. A DE has to get to the QB to be successful. Run stuffing DE's can be had at any point in the draft. Davis is a great run stuffer. Probably better than Jamaal at it. It's pass rushing that separates a starter from a bench player.

However, a pure pass rusher isn't much better. Look at Biermann. He's probably a better pass rusher right now than Anderson but the possibility of him being a liability in the run game is keeping him on the bench.

For a LE to be good, he has to be able to rush the passer and stop the run. Right now Anderson is struggling rushing the passer.

The fact that you can't seem to see the double teams may explain why you can't see him making a difference in the game. They are there; Anderson is a decent player and still developing, and your agenda is wearing thin. I'm watching the game right now and he is drawing double teams on a regular basis.

Don't expect anyone to go out and do research for something you have been actively ignoring all season.

Tell me what play, and well discuss it.. I too am watching the game.

Lets get into some nuts and bolts.

We trailer park junkies can talk football too