The Best Conference in College Football

xFalconLord

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big 12 #1 no contest.

Maybe if you kicked out Iowa State, K State, Baylor, A&M, and Colorado..

ACC got the edge probably because out of 12 teams in both conference, we have 10 teams going to bowls compared to your 7. This is not about who has the best top 3 teams or big 12 would win hands down.

But I would hope you didnt need me to explain all that jazz..

It is funny how people twist the argument to make their stance look better. Over the past couple years SEC fans had been saying "this conference has good teams top to bottom, therefore it is the best." Now the SEC has 2 good teams and a bunch of scrubs and it is twisted to "we have two of the best teams therefore we are the best." It is just opinion either way but at least don't be obviously stupid and change your logic to fit your argument like that.

I didn't know the rest of the teams in the ACC and B12 seceded.

I wonder if the Big 12 will pull a Big 10 or change it's moniker to reflect it's new membership count.

Are you really trying to convince yourself that the ACC is better than the Big-12? That's nonsense. As I've already mentioned, the Big-12 has *3* teams that would trounce any team in the ACC. Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech are clearly better than any team in the ACC, and I find it nearly impossible to try and argue against that. As for the rest of the conferences, who else is there?

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention the rest of that stout ACC. Who could forget the likes of Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, FSU, and Miami! Oklahoma St., Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, and whoever else I'm forgetting are much better than those lesser ACC teams, anyways.

There's no way in **** that the ACC is the better conference between the two.

Sorry, but 3 teams ending in the top 10 in the BCS, plus the rest of those teams that I mentioned is much more impressive than no top-10 BCS teams, and the ridiculously weak lower-tier of the ACC.

Are you really trying to convince yourself that the ACC is better than the Big-12? That's nonsense. As I've already mentioned, the Big-12 has *3* teams that would trounce any team in the ACC. Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech are clearly better than any team in the ACC, and I find it nearly impossible to try and argue against that. As for the rest of the conferences, who else is there?

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention the rest of that stout ACC. Who could forget the likes of Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, FSU, and Miami! Oklahoma St., Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, and whoever else I'm forgetting are much better than those lesser ACC teams, anyways.

Sorry, but 3 teams ending in the top 10 in the BCS, plus the rest of those teams that I mentioned is much more impressive than no top-10 BCS teams, and the ridiculously weak lower-tier of the ACC.

Since you mentioned those teams, FSU beat the Buffaloes and Miami beat A&M.

It is hard to tell who is best when conferences play within themselves. It is like the chicken or the egg. Ok., UT, and TTech are ranked highly because people THINK that teams in the Big 12 are best, therefore wins in that conference are viewed as better. Only out of conference games say which conference is better. A bunch of mediocre teams playing high scoring games can look awesome, but when they play a stronger conference, they would not look nearly as good. I am not saying the Big 12 isn't the best, but we will learn an awful lot in the bowl games. For all anyone knows UF could destroy Ok. by 45, you just don't know until they play each other.

Since you mentioned those teams, FSU beat the Buffaloes and Miami beat A&M.

Do you think the difference between these teams is enough to make up for the clear separation between the top-tiered teams of each conference?

We could go on all night about this. I just find it very, very hard to say that the ACC is better than the Big-12 this year when the Big-12 has 3 top-10 BCS teams, while the ACC has none. Like you said, the conference doesn't just contain three teams, but I don't think there's a huge difference between the lowered-tiered teams in each conference.

It is hard to tell who is best when conferences play within themselves. It is like the chicken or the egg. Ok., UT, and TTech are ranked highly because people THINK that teams in the Big 12 are best, therefore wins in that conference are viewed as better. Only out of conference games say which conference is better. A bunch of mediocre teams playing high scoring games can look awesome, but when they play a stronger conference, they would not look nearly as good. I am not saying the Big 12 isn't the best, but we will learn an awful lot in the bowl games. For all anyone knows UF could destroy Ok. by 45, you just don't know until they play each other.

Fair enough. The bowl games should tell a lot, but I'm still not sure we'll have a definitive answer then, either.

"The ACC and Big East don't deserve BCS bids. It's a shame the champions from the Big East and ACC will get BCS bids. Cincinnati? Pitt? West Virginia? I'm sorry, I am not buying the notion any of these Big East squads is the peer of the third-place team in the Big 12 South or even would be the third-best team in either division of the SEC. Ditto for Miami, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia Tech or any other team in a BUMBLING ACC race that seemingly nobody wants to win. If the college football world was just, BCS bids would be doled out based on the BCS standings - not automatically given to champions from WEAK conferences."

^

I guess experts really do know a lot. Geese he really got it right...not....