mcquithys

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

eitehr way it helps us out so its a hard decision

Need Tampa to win. That would put Carolina down a game in the division and we need to win against the Saints so that our Division record would give us the tiebreaker against the Panties.

Then again, I could say the same for the Buccs.

I think you are right.

I will be pulling for Tampa. We face TB, so we can hand them a loss. We don't see Carolina again. So, to me, if Tampa wins, we control our own fate as far as winning the division goes.

Precisely. Panthers lose, and we beat Saints, Buccs we own the division tie breaker and If it comes down to points for and against we would win that tiebreaker with the Buccs

Carolina has a much tougher schedule the last four games. OTOH we get to play the Bucs but not the Panthers...so I am not sure.

I think for our best chance, we want the Bucs to win because I think the Panthers could easily lose two more games after next week (leaving them at 10-6 and possibly out of the wild card). The Bucs schedule after us is a joke so I don't think there is much chance of them finishing 10-6. Bucs are in the playoffs IMO, period, whether it is wild card or division. Panthers actually could miss the playoffs IMO.

Go Bucs (feels dirty saying that haha).

Simple Question. Which would benefit us more? I'm guessing we would like to see Tampa win since we still get to play them again. But then again I could be completely wrong. I just want to know who I should be pulling for this weekend.

Carolina. We own the tiebreaker with them already.,

Yea, We need to win the division and have a home play-off game. If we can run the table, we might get the 2nd seed and a bye week, wishful thinking on my part :rolleyes:

I for one think its possible we run the table. Looking at the schedule, if things stay about the way they are now then we should be favored in all the remaining games except for Tampa (who we get at home.)

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but we want Tampa either way and here is why. This is ASSUMING we beat the Saints. If we don't beat the Saints throw this out. Ok so we beat the Saints and Tampa wins you got

Tampa 10-3

Atlanta 9-4 we have the tiebreaker over carolina

Carolina 9-4

Then next week we play Tampa which I believe that would be for first place. If we beat them we'd both be 10-4 and I think we'd have the tiebreaker.

Really though, either way is about equal IMO. If Bucs lose vs Panthers and we take care of business vs them the following week, than we would leapfrog the Bucs (assuming we take care of business this week vs the Saints).

If Panthers lose, they could easily miss the playoffs by finishing 10-6 (they still have to play Giants at NY and the Saints in NO, not to mention Broncos at home).

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but we want Tampa either way and here is why. This is ASSUMING we beat the Saints. If we don't beat the Saints throw this out. Ok so we beat the Saints and Tampa wins you got

Tampa 10-3

Atlanta 9-4 we have the tiebreaker over carolina

Carolina 9-4

Then next week we play Tampa which I believe that would be for first place. If we beat them we'd both be 10-4 and I think we'd have the tiebreaker.

Whats the tie breaker?

Division record?