Went to the game yesterday...some observations

Went to the game in San Diego yesterday with my brother for my 36th birthday, what a great birthday it was!

Some random observations/thoughts from the yesterday -

- Met Arthur Blank and got a pic with him before the game....really nice guy.

- There were a lot of Falcons fans there, and my section (40-50 yd. line behind the Falcons bench) was probably at least 50% Falcons fans.

- The majority of the Charger fans were gracious and pretty cool....except for the couple "Gangsta Fans" that talked trash to me after the game and were looking for a fight...they looked and acted more like Raiders fans than Chargers fans.

- Sat behind Boleys cousin and talked to him a little....cool guy and looked just like a 160 lb. version of Boley haha. I told him he needed to talk him into resigning.

- Matt Ryan's girlfriend is hot, the pictures don't do her justice.

Now on to the game...

Defense

The D played lights out, no questions about it. LT was shut down all day and Rivers was under pressure quite a bit.

- Babs, Abe & Davis were monsters.

- JA98 had a good game, yet again the stats don't show it, but he was a force.

- Lofton hits hard....wow!

- Coleman is big time, he deserves more recognition. The pass breakup to end the Chargers last drive in the 4th was huge and looked awesome in person.

- Houston and Foxy had a good game

- Grady is one fat man....

Offense

The Offense is a powerhouse....amazing what they are doing in the first year of the new regime.

- Matt Ryan....seriously what can you say, the kid is amazing. I had to remind myself several times, that yes, this is my Falcons QB and this is real. :D

- Turner never stops, he is a machine. Too bad his TD run got called back.

- Roddy had a good game, it would have been great game if he didn't drop that easy TD. He needs to be resigned ASAP.

- Peelle is a legit pass-catching TE, he needs to be utilized more.

- Douglas looked good playing WR, I'll talk about his Special teams play below.

- Jenkins, Finneran, and Norwood weren't real noticeable, but all had some nice plays.

Special teams

- Douglas' Muff on the punt was inexcusable, it brought back bad memories of Jennings. He looked good besides that one play.

- Elam made every kick look easy.

- Koenen was booming the snot out of the ball.

Officiating

The refs were HORRIBLE.

- The Turner fumble was an awful call, he was laying on his back when the ball popped out.

- The Finneran fumble call was very questionable, it didn't look like he had possession watching it in person.

- The safety on Rivers grounding call, the refs blew it the play before because LT was stopped in the end zone and it should have been called then.

Coaching

There were 2 plays that stand out to me as questionable coaching decisions.

- The first is the series where we had it First and goal at the 2. Turner up the Middle - Turner to the right - Mughelli to the right - Turner up the middle. I like that we tried to use Mughelli, but I think we should have been a little more creative on 2nd or 3rd down. Everyone knew we were going to run it, now was possibly the time to try one of the Ryan naked bootlegs to the left or a pitch to to Norwood to the left. Then again those could have had even worse results. You could also argue that we should have kicked the FG on 4th down since we were up by 8 at that point. Then again, I can't say that I didn't like our aggressiveness.

- The second call I questioned was when we made the Chargers re-punt. I don't think it was a bad call to have them punt it again since the ball was downed on our 10. I do think we blew it on the coverage for the re-punt, it was fairly obvious to everyone that they were going to fake the punt....at least it was to everyone in the stands. Then again this was the same drive that JA98 block the FG, so it's all good. :lol:

Overall I think the coaching was great and I don't think either of the 2 plays above were "bad coaching", they just stood out as plays that stuck in my mind and would have been brought back up if we had lost.

I'll post up some pics later.

I saw a small group of Falcons fans wearing red #55 jerseys. Were you one of those people?

Nope, you would have definitely noticed my jersey....# 9. No, it's not a Koenen jersey, it's a custom jersey with my last name on it. 9 is just my lucky number. I did have one Falcons fan say "Hey Koenen jersey, I like it" hahaha.

Haha no they all had Chargers gear on.....in fact I think they all had LT jerseys on. No wonder they were so pissed. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember going to a Braves/Padres game at the Q in my Braves gear back in 99 and a guy calling me a f-ing peach picker and telling me to get the F out of there. By the fifth inning when we were up by ten runs, he left. Probably to head back to Ocean Beach cook up some meth and take his TV apart and put it back together.

Went to the game in San Diego yesterday with my brother for my 36th birthday, what a great birthday it was!

Some random observations/thoughts from the yesterday -

- Met Arthur Blank and got a pic with him before the game....really nice guy.

- There were a lot of Falcons fans there, and my section (40-50 yd. line behind the Falcons bench) was probably at least 50% Falcons fans.

- The majority of the Charger fans were gracious and pretty cool....except for the couple "Gangsta Fans" that talked trash to me after the game and were looking for a fight...they looked and acted more like Raiders fans than Chargers fans.

- Sat behind Boleys cousin and talked to him a little....cool guy and looked just like a 160 lb. version of Boley haha. I told him he needed to talk him into resigning.

- Matt Ryan's girlfriend is hot, the pictures don't do her justice.

Now on to the game...

Defense

The D played lights out, no questions about it. LT was shut down all day and Rivers was under pressure quite a bit.

- Babs, Abe & Davis were monsters.

- JA98 had a good game, yet again the stats don't show it, but he was a force.

- Lofton hits hard....wow!

- Coleman is big time, he deserves more recognition. The pass breakup to end the Chargers last drive in the 4th was huge and looked awesome in person.

- Houston and Foxy had a good game

[b]- Grady is one fat man....

Offense

The Offense is a powerhouse....amazing what they are doing in the first year of the new regime.

- Matt Ryan....seriously what can you say, the kid is amazing. I had to remind myself several times, that yes, this is my Falcons QB and this is real. :D

- Turner never stops, he is a machine. Too bad his TD run got called back.

- Roddy had a good game, it would have been great game if he didn't drop that easy TD. He needs to be resigned ASAP.

- Peelle is a legit pass-catching TE, he needs to be utilized more.

- Douglas looked good playing WR, I'll talk about his Special teams play below.

- Jenkins, Finneran, and Norwood weren't real noticeable, but all had some nice plays.

Special teams

- Douglas' Muff on the punt was inexcusable, it brought back bad memories of Jennings. He looked good besides that one play.

- Elam made every kick look easy.

- Koenen was booming the snot out of the ball.

Officiating

The refs were HORRIBLE.

- The Turner fumble was an awful call, he was laying on his back when the ball popped out.

- The Finneran fumble call was very questionable, it didn't look like he had possession watching it in person.

- The safety on Rivers grounding call, the refs blew it the play before because LT was stopped in the end zone and it should have been called then.

Coaching

There were 2 plays that stand out to me as questionable coaching decisions.

- The first is the series where we had it First and goal at the 2. Turner up the Middle - Turner to the right - Mughelli to the right - Turner up the middle. I like that we tried to use Mughelli, but I think we should have been a little more creative on 2nd or 3rd down. Everyone knew we were going to run it, now was possibly the time to try one of the Ryan naked bootlegs to the left or a pitch to to Norwood to the left. Then again those could have had even worse results. You could also argue that we should have kicked the FG on 4th down since we were up by 8 at that point. Then again, I can't say that I didn't like our aggressiveness.

- The second call I questioned was when we made the Chargers re-punt. I don't think it was a bad call to have them punt it again since the ball was downed on our 10. I do think we blew it on the coverage for the re-punt, it was fairly obvious to everyone that they were going to fake the punt....at least it was to everyone in the stands. Then again this was the same drive that JA98 block the FG, so it's all good. :lol:

Overall I think the coaching was great and I don't think either of the 2 plays above were "bad coaching", they just stood out as plays that stuck in my mind and would have been brought back up if we had lost.

I'll post up some pics later.

really??i thought they said the camera puts on about 100lbs so i was thinking grady was smaller.

I saw a guy with a #13 Harrington jersey yesterday and a guy with an Ojinnaka jersey.

I saw people in Laurent Robinson, J Anderson, J Abraham, Vick, D Hall, Jenkins, Ryan, Dunn, White and even a guy in a Metcalf jersey..

But Turner jerseys ruled all yesterday..

Big Falcon fan turnout yesterday, I was impressed.

I saw people in Laurent Robinson, J Anderson, J Abraham, Vick, D Hall, Jenkins, Ryan, Dunn, White and even a guy in a Metcalf jersey..

But Turner jerseys ruled all yesterday..

Big Falcon fan turnout yesterday, I was impressed.

Best jersey I saw was a Billy White Shoes Johnson. B) Kickin it old school.

:rolleyes: If anything the camera makes him look 100 lbs smaller than in person

No doubt. My buddy said "****, #90 is huge and he's barely making it off the field" when Grady was coming off before 3rd down. I told him it was because they don't keep biscuits on the sideline, only in the backfield.