H Back/TE

skynyrd04

Ive noticed in Mularkey's offense the TE position is really more of an H-Back. That allows us more alot more flexibility with what we can do but it also means we need a dynamic athlete at that position. Ive been looking at 3 candidates and was wanting to see anyone else's:

1) Ryan Purvis-BC- Has had a down senior year and could be had in later rounds for less. Also has a good relationship with Ryan.

2) Shawn Nelson- Southern Miss- Nelson will be coming off an excellent senior campaign putting up 500+ yds for the third time in his career. Nelson smallish but fast and fits the H-back mold.

3)Chase Coffman- Mizz- The guys numbers are through the roof- 79rec, 872 yds, 9 tds. A solid day one pick come April, Coffman is better suited to the NFL than former teammate Martin Rucker was.

I like Shawn Nelson a lot. He is a good receiver and is the fastest of all these guys. After all, we are probably looking for a guy that can be a big threat as a receiver, since we have some good blockers already in Hartsock and Peele.

That's what I figure. Hartsock and Peele are blockers first, although Peele doesn't have bad hands, he's not that fast. Im thinking this offeseason we might look to get younger and faster at TE.

I have had Shaw Nelson in ALL of my mocks.... I really want him in the 4th round. He is the guy that will create Huge Mismatches because of his speed and hands.

I do not want a slower guy who can easily be covered like Ryan Purvis or Bear Pascoe. This guy coud take our offense to a whole different level