Who should in the TB/CAR game?

north falcon

Since we need help to win the South, I've been thinking our the other NFC South match-up next week.

All of this is hypothetical because so many things can happen in the final couple of weeks but....

Who we want to win in the TB/CAR game depends on our goals for the playoffs.

A TB win will help our wildcard chances

A CAR win will help our NFC South chances

Assuming we beat NO;

If TB beats CAR we will be in 2nd place in the south because we will have a better division record than CAR. But it would most likely give TB any tie-beaker advantage over us (due to common games....like Denver)

If CAR beats TB we will remain in 3rd place in the south, but it would help our tie-beaker chances in the long run.

Any other theories?

Since we need help to win the South, I've been thinking our the other NFC South match-up next week.

All of this is hypothetical because so many things can happen in the final couple of weeks but....

Who we want to win in the TB/CAR game depends on our goals for the playoffs.

A TB win will help our wildcard chances

A CAR win will help our NFC South chances

Assuming we beat NO;

If TB beats CAR we will be in 2nd place in the south because we will have a better division record than CAR. But it would most likely give TB any tie-beaker advantage over us (due to common games....like Denver)

If CAR beats TB we will remain in 3rd place in the south, but it would help our tie-beaker chances in the long run.

Any other theories?

I want to win the division bad but all I really want is to make the playoffs. If we get to the playoffs I see us wreaking havoc on the entire NFC. I really can't think of any teams that we couldn't beat and that includes the Giants. Yes they are good but we have been playing awesome ourselves.

Just think, "if" we could have got the ball back against Philly, with the way we were playing late, we really could have won that one. And if Roddy would have caught that pass against Denver. We would be 10-2.

For the division:

If we tie with Tampa then it would first go to head-to-head (TB Advantage) - then division record (TB Advantage) - then common foe (ATL advantage - Atl (6-2) TB (6-3)

If we tie with Carolina then it would first go to head-to-head (Push) - then division record (Push) - then common foe (Carolina advantage - Atl (6-2) Car (7-1)

So really we need Tampa to beat Carolina - then us beat New Orleans & Tampa which would give us the push for division record with Tampa and +1 on Carolina and then the tie-break would fall on the common foe which we hold the advantage over Tampa