Vote Tomorrow for US Senate

One candidate supports:

Banning partial birth abortion, defines marriage between a man and woman, drilling for oil offshore, English as official language, voluntary prayer in public school.Boy Scouts meeting in public facilities, and registering sex offenders.

One candidate opposes:

Banning partial birth abortion, opposes federal marriage amendment, undecided about offshore drilling, opposes English as official language, voluntary prayer in schools, registering sex offenders, Boy Scouts meeting in public facilities.

You don't have to like either one of the candidates running for Senate. However, be mindful that there may be other local runoffs going on in your area. Those people and issues deserve your attention as well. Don't punish everybody and everything on the ballot because of Chambliss' and Martin's despicable campaigns. I like neither man but I've researched those two and the other candidates that will appear on the ballot on Tuesday. I'm going to be there tomorrow to vote.

By the way, how we vote will affect the rest of America. Vote for Martin, and the Democrats get full control of Senate. They already have the White House, so a vote for Martin would mean the Democrats can more easily enact any type of bill they want. A vote for Chambliss denies the Democrats the majority in the Senate and will allow Republicans to put the breaks on some of the bills the Democrats want to pass.

If the candidates actually represented our state (the way the government was supposed to be), then it wouldn't matter much nationally. However, since candidates actually represent their parties instead this makes this election very important. One way or the other it'll impact the nation.

One candidate supports:

Continuing failed economic policies that have bankrupted this country. Bush inherited a 270 billion dollar surplus per year at the start of his 1st term.

One candidate opposes:

Staying the course, and to keep doing what we're doing. One candidate wants to move this country forward in a new spirit of daring by working with our new president.

One candidate supports:

Continuing failed economic policies that have bankrupted this country. Bush inherited a 270 billion dollar surplus per year at the start of his 1st term.

One candidate opposes:

Staying the course, and to keep doing what we're doing. One candidate wants to move this country forward in a new spirit of daring by working with our new president.

No he didn't.

No he didn't.

Yes he did. Regardless, the election is about continuing Bush economic policies or going with what we know that works. Obama will have a Clinton type economic policies.

He will remove all restrictions on stem cell research, and the next boom in this country will be not a technology boom, but BIO-Technology boom.

Natl_Debt_Chart_2006.gif

Yes he did. Regardless, the election is about continuing Bush economic policies or going with what we know that works. Obama will have a Clinton type economic policies.

He will remove all restrictions on stem cell research, and the next boom in this country will be not a technology boom, but BIO-Technology boom.

Natl_Debt_Chart_2006.gif

No he didn't. We've only had a balanced budget twice in nearly 50 years, and the Clinton balanced budget was $1.8 Billion. You don't get credit for stealing from SS/Medicare to balance a budget. That's how SS and Medicare continue to find themselves tens of Trillions of dollars underfunded.

Budget History

What restrictions on stem cell research? The only restriction is on federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. The actual research itself isn't restricted. The last thing I'm looking for is increasing federal funding of anything.

And you need to catch up on your science, as the advances are moving past the necessity of embryonic stem cells, which aren't always practical and in short supply anyway (compared to other types of cells). The newest advances are creating regenerative cellular properties from basic cells like skin, etc.

Link On Bone Marrow Stem Cells

No he didn't. We've only had a balanced budget twice in nearly 50 years, and the Clinton balanced budget was $1.8 Billion. You don't get credit for stealing from SS/Medicare to balance a budget. That's how SS and Medicare continue to find themselves tens of Trillions of dollars underfunded.

What restrictions on stem cell research? The only restriction is on federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. The actual research itself isn't restricted. The last thing I'm looking for is increasing federal funding of anything.

And you need to catch up on your science, as the advances are moving past the necessity of embryonic stem cells, which aren't always practical and in short supply anyway (compared to other types of cells). The newest advances are creating regenerative cellular properties from basic cells like skin, etc.

Which begs the obvious question "why do we still need embryonic stem cell research."

Everything I've read is that induced pluripotent stem cell technology is coming along faster AND without a lot of the bad side effects of embryonic stem cells.

Which begs the obvious question "why do we still need embryonic stem cell research."

Everything I've read is that induced pluripotent stem cell technology is coming along faster AND without a lot of the bad side effects of embryonic stem cells.

I edited my post with links. You may be interested in the story of how they took a donor graft and introduced bone marrow stem cells from the patient to make a replacement organ for her windpipe. Some really advanced stuff going on.

Budget History

Link On Bone Marrow Stem Cells

If you're going to give me a link, you should give me a link that supports your point.

Click on the link you provided link and go to the year 2000.

The year 2000 reports a budget surplus of 236 Billion dollars for the year. I may have been off by saying 270 billion, but 236 billion ain't bad.

We want full federal funding of all stem cell research period. Quit restricting certain sections of stem cell research because it violates some deluded reality of what you think is right and what you think is wrong.

We should be funding stem cell research on a federal level as though it is a moon mission of the 60's.

You conservatives have lost the election and you need to STAND DOWN !!!

Lead, follow, or get out of the Way !!!!

If you're going to give me a link, you should give me a link that supports your point.

Click on the link you provided link and go to the year 2000.

The year 2000 reports a budget surplus of 236 Billion dollars for the year. I may have been off by saying 270 billion, but 236 billion ain't bad.

We want full federal funding of all stem cell research period. Quit restricting certain sections of stem cell research because it violates some deluded reality of what you think is right and what you think is wrong.

We should be funding stem cell research on a federal level as though it is a moon mission of the 60's.

Click on the link that shows funding by source, the fourth one. Counting the Social Security surplus (it's Trust Funds), which occurs every year, doesn't count toward a balanced budget. The excess Social Security contributions are what is supposed to go into the accounts of those contributing, and is only a surplus because current expenditures haven't quite eaten up every bit of collections on a current level, but it is dwindling quick. It's even underfunded toward future liabilities. It's discretionary spending that is controlled by the budget process.

You want to encourage stem cell research? Don't raise the taxes on investors that would put the capital at risk into bio tech companies. Don't get government further into health care raising regulations, creating disincentives, and managing costs further in the health care industry. Just look at the drastic reductions in Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement rates, which make any new R&D discovery, which have long return horizons, that much less attractive.

You conservatives have lost the election and you need to STAND DOWN !!!

Lead, follow, or get out of the Way !!!!

How dictatorial of you. Let's just all work for the government, that way we'd all be more free and better off.