We can actually get a bye week in the playoffs?!?!?!

so if we win the next two games, we will be 10-4 ,,, and in perfect position to be SECOND IN OUR CONFERENCE ... this would mean we would get a bye week right? Thats pretty cool cuz its honestly in our reach

If the Falcons win out and finish 12-4, then yes. Because that would mean the Falcons most likely would win the division and the NFC North (Bears / Vikings) and NFC West (Cardinals) won't have as good a record as the Falcons.

Its not only possible, but to me probable. Carolina has been struggling lately (almost losing to DET, OAK, and GB and getting slammed by us), and they have some tough games coming up. They very well could end up 9-7 or 10-6 (which isn't that good in our conference). Tampa is not having as much trouble as Carolina, but they are letting teams jump out to large leads early. As long as we beat Tampa and win 2 other games (STL, MIN, and/or NO), we will win the division and get a BYE.

And not to get too ahead of myself, but if for some reason the Giants lose in the divisional round of the playoffs, and we beat our opponent, we could even end up hosting the NFC Championship game.

Its not only possible, but to me probable. Carolina has been struggling lately (almost losing to DET, OAK, and GB and getting slammed by us), and they have some tough games coming up. They very well could end up 9-7 or 10-6 (which isn't that good in our conference). Tampa is not having as much trouble as Carolina, but they are letting teams jump out to large leads early. As long as we beat Tampa and win 2 other games (STL, MIN, and/or NO), we will win the division and get a BYE.

And not to get too ahead of myself, but if for some reason the Giants lose in the divisional round of the playoffs, and we beat our opponent, we could even end up hosting the NFC Championship game.

These 2 sentences dont belong together.....lol

Today was a true work day for us(mind and body) and i think it was important that we got this type of game in before we made this push for the playoffs. A good exprience for a young team to go thru together. For our Offense to put the game in the D's hands and for the D to stop the bleeding was great for this offense to get to watch. Trust i believe was gained today. I think Matt just got a lil more mature and exprienced today. B)

so if we win the next two games, we will be 10-4 ,,, and in perfect position to be SECOND IN OUR CONFERENCE ... this would mean we would get a bye week right? Thats pretty cool cuz its honestly in our reach

We'd have to overtake our division. That's the only way to get a bye week.

I'd almost rather play in the wild card round - the last three super bowl winners all played that round (two even on the road). It has to do more with the way the team approaches the playoffs though: teams with byes sometimes get complacent towards the end of the season and then get the week off, so they have gone several weeks since playing a meaningful game. The teams that have to play on wildcard weekend on the other hand have fought until the end of the season to get those spots, and therefore come out sharper in the games they play against teams with byes...

Assuming the Falcons win all 4 games. If the Falcons and Car beat TB then the Falcons have the advantage. If TB beats CAR next week then lose the Falcons but win against SD and Oak then the tie breaker will go all the way down to the 5th level of Strength of Victory which TB would win at this point with a 38 point lead.

The best I can tell with all of the different tie breakers is that if the Falcons win all 4 games and CAR loses any one game the Falcons would have the advantage.

So next week, Go Panthers.

I really do hope this works out for us ... I dont want to lose to the aints ... oh I REALLY DONT WANT TO LOSE TO THE AITS ... but theres one good thing about this game this week ... bush is back ... i hope malloy ruins him ... a nice freakin takle right to his skull ... hope he lays down and doesn't get up till after the game ... and than hope he gets better after that, since u know i dont wish injury on no one :D