Not sure who to root for next Monday night, TB or Carolina?

DeathFromAbove

Too bad the Saints and the Pack couldn't finish the drill yesterday. <_<

Its good that the Bucs won yesterday, we need the Saints out of the playoff hunt, squash them and keep them from getting their nasty offense a chance at knocking us out of the playoffs cause they have an easy road ahead.

I'm going to root for Carolina already having taken care of them, I'd rather have to catch them than the Bucs, cause if we win the next 2 I think we hold the tie breakers in the division against all teams because of our division record, so it's going to be close, we need to win 3 of 4 here in these next few weeks, if we can win out I think there's no chance we don't take the division.

Its good that the Bucs won yesterday, we need the Saints out of the playoff hunt, squash them and keep them from getting their nasty offense a chance at knocking us out of the playoffs cause they have an easy road ahead.

I'm going to root for Carolina already having taken care of them, I'd rather have to catch them than the Bucs, cause if we win the next 2 I think we hold the tie breakers in the division against all teams because of our division record, so it's going to be close, we need to win 3 of 4 here in these next few weeks, if we can win out I think there's no chance we don't take the division.

When I said what I said about wanting Tampa to win I wasn't looking at the remaining schedules. Now knowing that the Panthers have a game left with the Giants (almost certain loss) that would help us win the division. So go Panthers and beat the Bucs and then go Falcons beat the Bucs and go Giants beat the Panthers. :D

Now as far as the division record goes. Here is how it looks right now.

Tampa's Division Record = 3 - 1 (Lost Saints, Beat Falcons, Beat Panthers, Beat Saints)

Carolina's Division Record = 2 - 2 (Beat Falcons, Lost Bucs, Beat Saints, Lost Falcons)

Atlanta's Division Record = 2 - 2 (Lost Bucs, Lost Panthers, Beat Saints, Beat Panthers)

New Orleans' Division Record = 1 - 3 (Beat Bucs, Lost Panthers, Lost Falcons, Lost Bucs)

Tampa's Remaining Schedule = @ CAR, @ ATL, SD, OAK

Carolina's Remaining Schedule = TB, DEN, @ NYG, @ NO

Atlanta's Remaining Schedule = @ NO, TB, @ MIN, STL

New Orleans' Remaining Schedule = ATL, @ CHI, @ DET, CAR

Week 14: Atlanta beats New Orleans and Tampa beats Carolina. Tampa's record would be 9 - 4 (3 - 2), Carolina's record would be 10 - 3 (3 - 2), Atlanta's record would be 9 - 4 (3 - 2), New Orleans' record would be 6 - 7 (1 - 4).

Week 15: Atlanta beats Tampa, Carolina beats Denver, New Orleans loses to Bears. Tampa's record would be 9 - 5 (3 - 3), Carolina's record would be 11 - 3 (3 - 2), Atlanta's record would be 10 - 4 (4 - 2), New Orleans' record would be 6 - 8 (1 - 4).

Week 16: Atlanta beats Minnesota, Carolina loses to the Giants, Tampa beats San Diego, New Orleans beats Detroit. Tampa's record would be 10 - 5 (3 - 3), Carolina's record would be 11 - 4 (3 - 2), Atlanta's record would be 11 - 4 (4 - 2), New Orleans' record would be 7 - 8 (1 - 4).

Week 17: Atlanta beats St. Louis, Tampa beats Oakland, Carolina loses to New Orleans'. Tampa's record would be 11 - 5 (3 - 3), Carolina's record would be 11 - 5 (3 - 3), Atlanta's record would be 12 - 4 (4 - 2), New Orleans' record would be 8 - 8 (2 - 4).

The Final standings would be:

Atlanta 12 - 4 (4 - 2)

Tampa 11 - 5 (3 - 3)

Carolina 11 - 5 (3 - 3)

New Orleans 8 - 8 (2 - 4)

And there isn't any reason we can't. All 4 of our remaining games are very winnable.

And the bottom line is if we take it one game at a time and win them, we'll be in a good place, either as wildcard or division winners. Hopefully, Carolina and Tampax take the measure of each other and ruin their remaining seasons.

We're hanging on to the last playoff spot by a thread, so we can't afford to lose at home. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to see the Buccs win and then come in overconfident against the Falcons. If they lose, they have a week's worth of practice to get amped up, and they're certainly capable of beating us-they did it quite handily before.

Looking at the remaining schedule...St. Louis is almost certainly a win if there's ANYthing left to play for at that point in the season. We could definitely any of the other remaining games. New Orleans is 5-1 at home, and just gave the Buccs a tough challenge down in Tampa. Gonna need another very strong performance from the pass defense to win that one.

We need to defend the Dome when Tampa rolls in, and I'd say we have a pretty decent shot-that was actually closer than the score, and it's completely inconceivable that Matt Ryan plays as bad as he did against them last time.

Minnesota is also 5-1 at home, and have won 4 out of their last 5. I think we could lose this one, because we haven't seen this defense tested against a running game near as effective as this one. Teams that have beaten us have had success running the ball, and Minnesota is nearly as good as Atlanta with running it. Don't talk about LT and San Diego, that running game has completely fallen apart and is 26th in the NFL in rushing.

With Washington and Dalas still very much involved in the NFC wild card picture, I think it's going to require 11 wins to get in, at this point. That may change, but we have to find a way to go 3-1. DEFEND THE DOME, and hopefully pluck out a road win from one of two very good home teams. It would really be nice to get a home field game in the playoffs, but considering the state of this franchise a year ago, even making the playoffs is a huge coup and deserving of celebration.

We're hanging on to the last playoff spot by a thread, so we can't afford to lose at home. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to see the Buccs win and then come in overconfident against the Falcons. If they lose, they have a week's worth of practice to get amped up, and they're certainly capable of beating us-they did it quite handily before.

Looking at the remaining schedule...St. Louis is almost certainly a win if there's ANYthing left to play for at that point in the season. We could definitely any of the other remaining games. New Orleans is 5-1 at home, and just gave the Buccs a tough challenge down in Tampa. Gonna need another very strong performance from the pass defense to win that one.

We need to defend the Dome when Tampa rolls in, and I'd say we have a pretty decent shot-that was actually closer than the score, and it's completely inconceivable that Matt Ryan plays as bad as he did against them last time.

Minnesota is also 5-1 at home, and have won 4 out of their last 5. I think we could lose this one, because we haven't seen this defense tested against a running game near as effective as this one. Teams that have beaten us have had success running the ball, and Minnesota is nearly as good as Atlanta with running it. Don't talk about LT and San Diego, that running game has completely fallen apart and is 26th in the NFL in rushing.

With Washington and Dalas still very much involved in the NFC wild card picture, I think it's going to require 11 wins to get in, at this point. That may change, but we have to find a way to go 3-1. DEFEND THE DOME, and hopefully pluck out a road win from one of two very good home teams. It would really be nice to get a home field game in the playoffs, but considering the state of this franchise a year ago, even making the playoffs is a huge coup and deserving of celebration.

The ONLY way we have a chance of winning the division is to have the Bucs lose to the Panthers and to us because they ain't losing to the Chargers or Raiders.

The ONLY way we have a chance of winning the division is to have the Bucs lose to the Panthers and to us because they ain't losing to the Chargers or Raiders.

That may be. I'm more concerned about making the playoffs than winning the division, however, and the Falcons can't afford to drop any games, especially not at home against a top opponent.

No need to see them come in with extra motivation. If Carolina beats them and then they beat us, we're almost certainly out of the playoffs because they would own the tie-breaker, and there are still many teams in the mix.

If, however, they beat Carolina and we beat them, we'd have the tiebreaking advantage over the Panthers. Even if they beat us, we still could end up with a tiebreaker over Carolina if we beat New Orleans and they lose at New Orleans in the last week of the season.

Or if we both beat New Orleans, they could lose to Denver and we could beat Minnesota, which would give us the tiebreaker. Failing that, victories over New Orleans, Minnesota, and St. Louis guarantee us the next tiebreaker over Carolina, so we'd control our own destiny. And a tie there goes to strength of victory, where we have the edge over Carolina.

Basically, we have a pretty good shot at taking Carolina in the tiebreaking procedure, if it comes to it, so I'd much rather be competing with them for a playoff spot against them than anyone else.

Even though we technically don't control our own fate...I feel confident that if we win the next 3 we'll get in. We played a good game Sunday...just not good enough. I feel confident we've got the staff and leadership on this team to be ready for a Bucs team that's going to be upset after getting beat and giving up all those yards on the ground tonight.