Matt Vasgergian

srichter23

some stuff i noticed

calling first downs when people were 2 or 3 yards short

always refers to people that have been in the league a few years as "the veteran"

thinks he's a bigshot because he says where everybody goes to college....wow matt you can read a media guide

said ja98 blocked a punt (what game was he watching?)

really bad small talk with nichelle turner

man crush on jc pearson (whoever that guy is)

feel free to add

He corrected himself after saying the Jets-Broncos game was in New Jersey to say it was in New York. Fail.

What really annoyed me more than anything was that Fox took a San Diego Padre broadcaster to do the Falcons-Chargers game. Obvious bias. I don't know why Fox insists on matching biased announcers with the games their team is playing in. Like having Troy Aikman call almost every Cowboys game. WTF?

He corrected himself after saying the Jets-Broncos game was in New Jersey to say it was in New York. Fail.

What really annoyed me more than anything was that Fox took a San Diego Padre broadcaster to do the Falcons-Chargers game. Obvious bias. I don't know why Fox insists on matching biased announcers with the games their team is playing in. Like having Troy Aikman call almost every Cowboys game. WTF?

But at least Troy Aikman isn't bais towards the Cowboys when he is doing the games. He is VERY fair. Cris Collinsworth on the other hand (who played for the Bengals BTW) talks about the Cowboys and the NFC East as a whole like nobody's business. :angry:

But back to Vasgergain he won't be doing NFL games next year. I read that he is gonna be the main in studio host for the MLB Network. They couldn't have gotten a worst guy to do it. I also read about that MLB Network that their nightly baseball highlights show is gonna air from 7pm EST until the last west coast game is over. That is nice.

And (to me) his obvious bias towards the Chargers. Every time they did something halfway good (or we had a goof), he got audibly excited. When the Falcons did something positive (for us), he became subdued.

I would like to see Brian Billick call all of our games, though.

Aikman (even if he was a Cowboy) does very well. He is fair and knowledgeable.

And (to me) his obvious bias towards the Chargers. Every time they did something halfway good (or we had a goof), he got audibly excited. When the Falcons did something positive (for us), he became subdued.

I would like to see Brian Billick call all of our games, though.

Aikman (even if he was a Cowboy) does very well. He is fair and knowledgeable.

Yep. It's because they is or now was (since he is going to MLB Network) for 5 years a Padres announcer. Bais for real.

some stuff i noticed

calling first downs when people were 2 or 3 yards short

always refers to people that have been in the league a few years as "the veteran"

thinks he's a bigshot because he says where everybody goes to college....wow matt you can read a media guide

said ja98 blocked a punt (what game was he watching?)

really bad small talk with nichelle turner

man crush on jc pearson (whoever that guy is)

feel free to add

How about when he started talking trash about our guy hitting the Chargers guy calling fair catch. Even Stevie Wonder knew as it happened live that he was blocked in the back (shoved into) the punt returner. He then shuffled around saying that his "untrained eye" didn't see that one as his side kick who was much better at seeing the game as it is corrected him. What a joke that guy was.

Just because you have a voice for announcing doesn't mean you should speak.

If Madden had a Horse's Azz trailer for clueless announcers then that guy won it hands down.

Yeah - I got sick of hearing him.... that dude is a moron.

Aikman to me is one of the best game announcers. He is VERY fair - and will even blast the cowboys when they are doing bad. I have heard him talk about how Romo needs to improve or how the line is not doing good or whatever.

I wish he would be an announcer for one Falcons game.